Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 4:30 pm 

Hello from Chilliwack B.C. I'm a retired builder with many guns, but they only shoot nails, so now I have my first pcp rifle, a Stormrider, and would love to do some shooting but I have no air supply yet. I have tried to order a "budget friendly" hpa hand pump from foreign suppliers with no success, so now I'm exploring other options. Still haven't met any other airgunners in my part of the Fraser valley that could supply info on air fill sites etc. So for now I'll just hold my new toy and daydream.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 6:20 pm 

Welcome Jaypee,

Any reason why you weren't able to get a pump?

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 7:32 pm 

I ordered a Chinese brand through Amazon and my order was accepted but the next day I received an e-mail from Amazon that my money was refunded and the order was canceled. Since there is no human being available at Amazon and an e-mail reply was not possible, I'm assuming it's covid 19 related. The next best (price wise) pump is more than twice as much, from D&L in Langley.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 9:04 pm 

Welcome Jaypee,
I would suggest Airgunarcheryfun, great service all the time
https://airgunarcheryfun.ca/hand-pumps/

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 10:59 pm 

Welcome Jaypee, welcome. I’m in Yarrow... I pump my own PCPs with a Hand pump, sorry cant help with a refill station.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 11:53 pm 

Jaypee wrote:
I ordered a Chinese brand through Amazon and my order was accepted but the next day I received an e-mail from Amazon that my money was refunded and the order was canceled. Since there is no human being available at Amazon and an e-mail reply was not possible, I'm assuming it's covid 19 related. The next best (price wise) pump is more than twice as much, from D&L in Langley.

If you want cheap overseas pumps... amazon isn’t the only option.
eBay
Aliexpress

Or you could buy a quality one from one our fair Canadian suppliers.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 12:09 pm 

Welcome to the forum, Jaypee. Good luck with the
filling station.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 12:27 pm 

Welcome to the Forum, and to the "hand pumpers club".
I have 3 pumps, sometimes I do marathon filling and line up 3 guns, one on each pump and put 50 strokes in each one successively - it allows time for each pump to cool down before it gets the next 50 pumps.

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:21 pm 

I'm sorry I have not been attentive to the CAF members who welcomed me last year. M y poor typing skills feed my procrastination. I just installed a regulater in my Diana Stormrider and now I can't get any pressure into the gun, but the pump works fine. I installed another barrel band at the same time so I don't know where I screwed up. I wanted to post this in Mods & repairs but I didn't know how. I also wanted to buy the fill valve with guage assembly but D&L Airguns don't have it ,the Vancouver office of the Canadian distributor were no help so I'm frustrated, I don't know how to message people directly on this forum and I havn't met any of the members here in the Fraser Valley. This ends my "pity-party", I hope youv'e had a better day than mine. JayPee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:14 pm 

what kind of regulator do you have? for the stormrider fill valve, that is the same as the artemis cr600w, contact Wes of https://airgunarcheryfun.ca/air-rifles/
he will have the parts that you want. you can message member here by clicking the pm

Attachments:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG [ 11.47 KiB | Viewed 952 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:29 am 

Thank-you Pistolero for the info, I looked up Airgunarchery but they are out of stock. My regulator is an Altaros. I don't know how to determine where the air leak is, so it's more internet research I need to do.JP