Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 7:15 pm 

Hi there,
i'm new member and new shooter with airgun powered with co2.
Just bought a Beretta APX co2 shooting 4.5mm steel BBs, waiting to receive it.

I'm looking around for some good shooting range where to go and start to practice with my gun.
I'm looking online on my own of course but i guess it's a good idea to ask here, more chance to find good places.

Anyone knows places near Brampton/Mississauga, or the GTA in general ?

Thank for now

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 9:18 pm 

Greater toronto airgun club, GTAC.

Not sure if they are open but you can e-mail and ask

crso@torontoairgunclub.org

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 9:49 pm 

Thanks a lot.

Please ppl, any others suggestions are welcome.

Better have more then one option.

Thanks everyone

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 10:14 pm 

As I’m looking for places, I will share what I found for the group.

This is in Scarborough. They are open from Tuesday to Saturday, from 2pm to 6pm.
50$ per hour per person if you bring your own gun/bbs/CO2.

For more details/prices, you can look here:

https://shootingacademycanada.com/home

Cheers

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 12:01 pm 

We only shoot lead BB or Pellets no steel for Field Target, as we are shooting at metal targets. HAHA Club might be open next week not sure as yet.[Hamilton Angler Hunter Association Club]

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 12:22 pm 

Skanzy wrote:
Greater toronto airgun club, GTAC.

Not sure if they are open but you can e-mail and ask

crso@torontoairgunclub.org

just had a quick conversation with i guess a rappresentative from the club and he confirmed i can use my co2 shooting 4.5mm steel bbs.
They are close now due to the virus, but as soon they will be back in business for sure ill go pay a visit.

They usually meet every monday from 5:30 to 7:30.
:D

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 12:25 pm 

itaSTOCA77 wrote:

This is in Scarborough. They are open from Tuesday to Saturday, from 2pm to 6pm.

Cheers

WOW! that's horrendous pricing. Are there no gun clubs in the GTA?

We charge $135.00 per year for membership and have everything from small bore silhouette & small bore rifle and air rifle range - air rifle silhouette and 10M indoors to a 1,400meter outdoor range, to trap, sporting clays, cowboy action, IPSC, IDPA, general handgun & rifle ranges in town and out of town ranges, same club all for the same price. This also gives 3,000 million PL & PD insurance during sporting activities at the ranges or in the field.

Oh - our ranges did not close down, either. There is plenty of opportunity for social distancing.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 1:42 pm 

Daryl wrote:
itaSTOCA77 wrote:

Cheers

We charge $135.00 per year for membership and have everything from small bore silhouette & small bore rifle and air rifle range - air rifle silhouette and 10M indoors to a 1,400meter outdoor range, to trap, sporting clays, cowboy action, IPSC, IDPA, general handgun & rifle ranges in town and out of town ranges, same club all for the same price. This also gives 3,000 million PL & PD insurance during sporting activities at the ranges or in the field.

Oh - our ranges did not close down, either. There is plenty of opportunity for social distancing.

Thanks for the information but I guess I’m
Missing something and I’m sorry if it’s my fault.

Which range you are talking about it?
You work there? Where is it, do you guys accept steels bbs CO2 guns ?
Do you guys take just walk-ins shooters (not necessarily members) ?
How much you guys charge for 1 hour shooting with my own guns/bbs/CO2 ?

Please let us know, thanks.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 6:33 pm 

itaSTOCA77 wrote:
Daryl wrote:
itaSTOCA77 wrote:

Cheers

Thanks for the information but I guess I’m
Missing something and I’m sorry if it’s my fault.

Which range you are talking about it?
You work there? Where is it, do you guys accept steels bbs CO2 guns ?
Do you guys take just walk-ins shooters (not necessarily members) ?
How much you guys charge for 1 hour shooting with my own guns/bbs/CO2 ?

Please let us know, thanks.

Tropher1266 organizes a shoot at the Hamilton Angling Hunting association once every month, you do not have to be a member of the club to shoot with him. You also could join the club yourself so you can shoot anytime.

Hamilton Angling & Hunting Association. 1317 Alberton Road S. Alberton, ON L9G 4X2. Club House Phone: ( 905) 304-9012

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 6:59 pm 

Thanks SKANZY !

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 8:57 pm 

I do not live in that South Western Ontario area any more. I escaped in 1972 by joining the RCMP. LOL.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 10:46 am 

Following on from SKANZY, I've shot with Tropher1266 for a couple of years at HAHA. He puts on a great shoot. Generally with rifles though he does a great "combo" match where we use both rifles and pistols. Definitely worth checking out once things get opened up again. You'll see a wide range of setups and capabilities. He also has some wicked small kill zones, e.g., .25"! Everyone is really helpful and encouraging.

Couple of considerations - the HAHA shoots are lead only BBs/pellets and you may consider joining. I belong to Grenville and Port Colborne FT clubs and they are talking about opening to members only. We'll have to see how HAHA handles it. Fingers crossed.

Look forward to seeing you out there!

JeffH

There can only be one... TX200

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 11:28 am 

JeffHemming wrote:
Following on from SKANZY, I've shot with Tropher1266 for a couple of years at HAHA. He puts on a great shoot. Generally with rifles though he does a great "combo" match where we use both rifles and pistols. Definitely worth checking out once things get opened up again. You'll see a wide range of setups and capabilities. He also has some wicked small kill zones, e.g., .25"! Everyone is really helpful and encouraging.

Couple of considerations - the HAHA shoots are lead only BBs/pellets and you may consider joining. I belong to Grenville and Port Colborne FT clubs and they are talking about opening to members only. We'll have to see how HAHA handles it. Fingers crossed.

Look forward to seeing you out there!

JeffH

thanks Jeff, hope ill see you guys one day.
The HAHA its pretty far away from me, I'm in Brampton and i have 4 kids and a wife that doesn't drive... soo....(lol)... not lot of time for my hobbies. But i will do my best to be up there when i can. And thx everyone are giving me informations and let me be part of this group.
(still looking on my Beretta APX capability of shooting lead BB's copper coated, i actually asked UMAREX too, lets see what comes back).
cheers

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 9:17 pm 

itaSTOCA77 wrote:

Cheers

Hi from Mississauga. And wow, that's a lot of hard-earned $$$ for shooting BB… The Shooter's Choice in Waterloo has a nice range. I used to shoot with my friends over there.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:05 pm 

Hi All,

Picking this up again. Just letting everyone know that we're gearing back up at HAHA (Hamilton Angler and Hunter Association). We're looking at having a FT match on August 29th.

More information to follow.

Regards,
JeffH

There can only be one... TX200