Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Hand pumping
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:21 am 

Curious as to how difficult pumping the higher cc guns with a hand pump is..about to pull the trigger on a Kral jumbo but I only have a hatsan hand pump, figured I'd make sure I'm not going to be an hour hand pumping and losing 15pounds of weight everytime I fill the gun lol currently have a qb78 on hpa, fill to roughly 150 bar and that's no problem at all

Post subject: Re: Hand pumping
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:11 am 

I think the initial fill to 3000psi might be tough, but just fill it when you shoot down to 2000psi.

Rich

Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:17 am 

It;s not impossible but won't be fun.
If you take the effort it takes pump your 13ci tank to 150 bar , it should take 2x that much to pump a Kral Jumbo to 150 bar as well. I think the Jumbo has a 425cc tank (25 ci). For hand pumpers, anything over the 13ci (200cc) is likely to need something other than hand pump for enjoyable filling. You will get by a few time hand pumping it, but in the long run you'll need a compressor or tank.. or a LOT of determination.

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:58 am 

Easy, use leverage.

I had no issues filling my Kral 330 CC air tube.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:57 am 

My only other option is compressor, I'm in a very small town..we have no local shops that fill HPA tanks.May have to do some more researching, I know eventually I'll end up with one but not anytime soon.Long time smoker, the pumping isn't difficult but am quite winded by the time I hit 150bar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:04 am 

Don't have a clue what's their CC volume, but filling them to 200bar with a pump isn't all that hard or that time consuming.
- I just don't do it "before" shooting

If you're tired after pumping your cylinder, maybe it's your body trying to tell you something 8)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:23 am 

Yea smoking doesn't help haha, I've actually gave them up since I start hand pumping lmao..lungs just on fire regardless of how slow or quick I go..maybe I'll look into np-03..that was my second option, I have my fac sent in but here in Nova Scotia there's guys who have been waiting well over a year for theirs so I'm not holding my breath, why I'm looking at the Kral arms as they're about as "high end" PCP I can go since I can get detuned

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:47 am 

Just between you and me.
- Waiting a year for a PAL (and being OK with the wait) is just plain stupid.

I can't remember if the "reasonable" time to deliver a PAL is 25 or 60 days. But anything over that, I'd be contacting the ombudsman and I'd want an explanation for the delay.
- It must be simple coincidence, but seems like everytime the ombudsman gets involved, the paperwork "issues" were just about figured out and the problematic is magically resolved.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:57 am 

902Plinker wrote:
Yea smoking doesn't help haha, I've actually gave them up since I start hand pumping lmao..lungs just on fire regardless of how slow or quick I go..maybe I'll look into np-03..that was my second option, I have my fac sent in but here in Nova Scotia there's guys who have been waiting well over a year for theirs so I'm not holding my breath, why I'm looking at the Kral arms as they're about as "high end" PCP I can go since I can get detuned

Well I can show you better pictures of my pump setup.. You can get everything at a hardware store. It really makes it super easy to pump. Shouldn't wear you out as much. I know when I tuned my PP700SA, I shot well over 700 shots. Plus everything lines up so no risk really bending the pump as you push down.

My last PAL renewal for NS was 12 days. When I applied for my PAL after taking the course at NSCC in the early 2000s. I got it in a month. But those waiting a year, could also have other factors that delaying it.

sillymike wrote:
Just between you and me.
- Waiting a year for a PAL (and being OK with the wait) is just plain stupid.

I can't remember if the "reasonable" time to deliver a PAL is 25 or 60 days. But anything over that, I'd be contacting the ombudsman and I'd want an explanation for the delay.
- It must be simple coincidence, but seems like everytime the ombudsman gets involved, the paperwork "issues" were just about figured out and the problematic is magically resolved.

Used to be 28 days. I think its 40 something days now. Yup after 2 months, I would be calling them.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:48 pm 

Yea I'll have to maybe make a phone call then, mine all sent in just a matter of getting everything back

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:29 pm 

Mr Leadslinger, I'd take you up on the pictures you offered , if I may sir.The idea intrigues me.I'm just slow enough that I can't see the one you made. Tjhanks

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:44 pm 

csitas wrote:
Mr Leadslinger, I'd take you up on the pictures you offered , if I may sir.The idea intrigues me.I'm just slow enough that I can't see the one you made. Tjhanks

Hardest part is making the mounts to the pump. Required templates for the bolt spacing. Drilling thru and thru, then opening up one side to drop down the machine screws to secure the tubing to the pipe.

But nothing more than square tubing, some angle iron, 1.5" flat bar, and nuts/bolts.

Base can be anything, just something to step on. So it doesn't slide back and forth.

https://i.imgur.com/TAQ2NfZ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/FRN7dEW.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/piBw1sz.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/vfhB0G6.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:50 am 

Settled on the np-03 and this bipod to get me started, next week can't come soon enough haha

Attachment:
Screenshot_20200807-071406.png
Screenshot_20200807-071406.png [ 700.23 KiB | Viewed 1163 times ]
7-071406.png[/attachment]

Attachments:
Screenshot_20200806-155128.png
Screenshot_20200806-155128.png [ 331.05 KiB | Viewed 1163 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:03 am 

902Plinker wrote:
Settled on the np-03 and this bipod to get me started, next week can't come soon enough haha

Attachment:
Screenshot_2020080[attachment=1]Screenshot_20200806-155128.png
7-071406.png[/attachment]

Hopefully that bipod works better for you than me. I got one, that it won't stay tensioned. Not talking about the mounting clamp, but the tilt/pan/pivot tensioner knob.

But 180cc tank would be very easy to hand pump. My Kral Puncher Mega was 330, my Maximus was about 135..

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:53 am 

Yea I tried reading as many reviews as I could..seen more positive then bad but the odd bad ones did comment about something similar to your problem..I actually have another type of bipod on order as well but black, soon as I seen the red anodized I couldn't help myself