Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:45 pm 

So I stumbled across this place, looks like here in Quebec there are a few of these franchises places called USHOOT
It's an indoor shooting rage for airguns, but it geared toward family/ kids and group outing events ( Guns are all rented )

Not for the serious air gunner

The lack of safety and supervision is what I found a little shocking,
Guy's are pointing the guns in all direction, spinning them around fingers, acting like Rambo / John Wick, gangsta' wanna be's
one guy even drops the gun and the handle cover pops off. Muzzle direction ???

Jeez :roll:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=basnFCSMwrQ

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:23 pm 

Unfortunately you'll see those types at any range.

Be it Avg people, Police or Military.

Local range banned the Police, due to them being caught shooting skeet with 9mm. Guess who had to investigate the incident? The same police force that swept it under the rig.

I watched a private get because he thought it be cool and do some rambo barrel roll on a live fire action range.

My stepfather is bad when he has the Red Ryder in his hand.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:01 pm 

BOZOS :shock: :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:35 pm 

leadslinger wrote:

Local range banned the Police, due to them being caught shooting skeet with 9mm. Guess who had to investigate the incident? The same police force that swept it under the rig.

I watched a private get boot f***** because he thought it be cool and do some rambo barrel roll on a live fire action range.

Why does that not suprise me. :roll:

I know its just Steel BB and pellet, but still..I guess I tend to treat my airguns like powder burners, it's just muscle memory

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:14 am 

Tail Air Gunner wrote:
leadslinger wrote:

I watched a private get boot f***** because he thought it be cool and do some rambo barrel roll on a live fire action range.

Why does that not suprise me. :roll:

I know its just Steel BB and pellet, but still..I guess I tend to treat my airguns like powder burners, it's just muscle memory

Hats Off!
As it should be!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:24 am 

Nine years old and I walked around the city of Kitchener with a pellet gun over my shoulder and no one ever bothered me. Kids my age on swings and slides in the park and me in a 4X4 shrub waiting on a bird. LOL My kids growing up were never allowed to point a toy gun at me or anyone else. Kids used to say "Dad it is only a toy." I would say "I don't care I don't like it."

Take a 10 hour gun safety coarse and how much do you learn or retain. Take a life coarse growing up on gun safety and you will retain that for the rest of your life. My father was an OPP officer so I have been into guns from a very young age.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:42 am 

wheeliehd wrote:
Nine years old and I walked around the city of Kitchener with a pellet gun over my shoulder and no one ever bothered me. Kids my age on swings and slides in the park and me in a 4X4 shrub waiting on a bird. LOL My kids growing up were never allowed to point a toy gun at me or anyone else. Kids used to say "Dad it is only a toy." I would say "I don't care I don't like it."

Take a 10 hour gun safety coarse and how much do you learn or retain. Take a life coarse growing up on gun safety and you will retain that for the rest of your life. My father was an OPP officer so I have been into guns from a very young age.

True, True, Edmonton<500 and Wheeliehd

I do not own any powder burning guns, only deactivated ones....was in the military for a short while, and I did take the firearms
safety course. That being said I had a difficult time adjusting to pointing a gun at another person when tried AIRSOFT.

I do not play airsoft, tried it once, it was not for me, something about the mentality of "some"... not all of the players ,
left a bad taste in my mouth...and I stress, only a hand full. The ultra competitiveness, and some of them seems to think because they practice
standard military maneuvers and use military terms that they are like real soldiers. The only way I would play airsoft is with a band of good friends
or ex military or police, but to get back to the topic, safety needs to be first!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:13 pm 

Never been to an actual range, even airgun range no supervision? Looks like there down in some ones basement lol. Nice look to it. But there kooks!

S&W M29 8 3/8" Pellet
Dan Wesson 715 Nickel 6" Pellet
Sig Sauer M17 Pellet
KWC 1911 Tac .BB
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:19 pm 

I find it younger teens, that never shot a gun. Rent a ranges are notorious for these types. Or elderly that seem to break the most safety rules.

Everybody wants to be a Rambo, watch too many YT videos and most play too many video games. I used to take some co workers to the range and even being military, you still had yahoos.

Elderly they have a lapse of judgement. Had a guy couple months ago, asked if he could clean the gun on the firing line. I had no problem with it. Being army, having someone clean a gun next to you was super common. Well I assume it was unloaded because he had went on a huge spiel on PROVE and firearm handle. Yeah the gun ended up being loaded.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:52 pm 

I'm not surprised that those kids doesn't have any idea about handling guns, most civilians without safety training would probably do similar things. But I'm really surprised that range allows people to behave that way. Probably it will change after first incident, or if range owners see that video. Those are airguns of course, but they can do some nasty damage.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:59 pm 

This range got in trouble for this. But idiots love to incriminate themselves.

Someone thought he was cool, posted a video, of him shooting one handed, not looking. If I was the RSO, he be thrown out, and the CFO contacted that he be barred from any other range in the province.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:19 am 

lol fake recoil at 2:23

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:05 am 

I had to stop watching after about a minute. That was equal parts cringe inducing and horrifying. No way I would go near that place if those clowns were in it. The guy cocking the springer with his finger on the trigger was one of my favorites.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:46 pm 

The numbskulls in that video are the type of people who give other shooters a bad name. Zero trigger discipline, zero muzzle discipline and clearly not one of them knew how to actually hold a gun. God forbid any of them get their hands on a real gun.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 12:51 pm 

wheeliehd wrote:

My dad would have kicked my buttock and take my gun away for a month if I aim a un loaded gun anywhere but down range or at the ground
Never found out what would happen if gun was loaded but it wouldn't have been good that is for sure i think I would have lost gun forever.