Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: M29
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:35 pm 

With my Remington 1875 or Schofield #3, I do mix ammo BB/pellet in any shell in each respective gun and so far no problem. Putting BB in pellet shell and vice versa :mrgreen:

Shell's are not interchangeable/compatible betwen these 2.

SilentMan... :drinkers:

6mm
Not enough and to many.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:50 pm 

silentman wrote:
With my Remington 1875 or Schofield #3, I do mix ammo BB/pellet in any shell in each respective gun and so far no problem. Putting BB in pellet shell and vice versa :mrgreen:

Shell's are not interchangeable/compatible betwen these 2.

SilentMan... :drinkers:

I follow the same rules of thumb as you. But I have heard that others do not, without any major issues (other than maybe making some shell too big for their intended use).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:46 pm 

BB1Shooter wrote:
What about the rubber grommets, when you drill the shells out? You need them to hold the pellets or BBs in place. How do you put them back in the shell. I found, from experience, that once the rubber grommets are removed, they tend to come out when using the gun

I got one of the 1st S&W Model 29 CO2 BB revolvers in Canada, from my local Cabela's, the 2nd day they were in. Have shot BB (in the brass colored shells) and pellets (in the silver shells) thru it. Gun shot well with both BBs & pellets (using the appropriate shells for each). I found similar accuracy with both. Maybe slightly better with the pellets.

Read the reviews by the experts like Tom Gaylord & Hard Air Magazine. They both seem to be able to shoot pellets thru the standard cartridges (not sure if they are using the BB or pellet ones) without all the mods you describe.

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2021/12 ... er-part-3/

https://hardairmagazine.com/reviews/air ... sure-does/

Also read other reports that say similar things.

I have been using these types of shell loading revolvers for more than 6 years. Been using these M29 shells, as they are the same ones as used in the Colt Peacemakers for the same amount of time. Never had the need or urge to drill out the shells. I may not be the expert in this area, but I do know a lot about these types of airguns.

Years ago, I was speaking with one of the product managers at Pyramyd Air, just when the pellet Peacemakers came out. He told me a bunch of people from Pyramyd were shooting the new pellet peacemakers & BB peacemakers on the range at Umarex. He told me the BB shells & pellet shells were interchangeable between the guns & the ammo.

Did you speak with Umarex about what you are doing? They have a very experienced technical dept.

So again, I ask my question. I'm sort of lost here, in what you are doing?

But if it makes you happy to do it, go for it. Nothing wrong with tinkering. Just I might not go to all that work myself. Don't see the point. If my M29 shoots pellets perfectly with the store bought Umarex Colt Peacemaker pellet shells, & I have lots of them around from some of my 6 Colt peacemakers I own.

The reply I originally wrote was not a big deal at all. You seem to be blowing alot of hot air about nothing! But you have had revolvers for 6 yrs and purchased one of the first M29 and proboably paid almost 300 lol.... but your the expert! If your such an expert on these, why is this confusing for you to understand?

IF your going to drill out, you don't keep the seal in it while doing! You pop the seal out put some peloil on it, drill, put back in with your finger, it's not rocket science. I don't think your understanding what's being said. Why you bringing up experts into something like this is funny!

Your making way too much out of this..I'm done:)

S&W M29 8 3/8" Pellet
Dan Wesson 715 Nickel 6" Pellet
Sig Sauer M17 Pellet
KWC 1911 Tac .BB
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:17 pm 
Supporting Members

All right.....lets get back on topic or the thread gets locked.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6