Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:23 pm 

rsterne wrote:
Well if everything is monitored, and they actually are doing their jobs, why aren't all school shooters caught before the act?.... Seems almost all of them have a "manifesto", or at least an "online rant" that should have been detected, and actioned....

Bob

FBI were aware of the last two. RCMP knew about the NS shooter.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:56 pm 

and yet nobody acted.... It's easier to take guns from those who obey the law!.... :evil:

Bob

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:59 pm 

rsterne wrote:
and yet nobody acted.... It's easier to take guns from those who obey the law!.... :evil:

Bob

Shootings that make the news are a good excuse for them to do so.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:21 pm 

I'm afraid that appears to be true. The Nova Scotia killer was identified by his girl friend and other people that he had
illegal guns. The RCMP did nothing. That is what red flag laws are for - yet they ignored it, it appears. Had they even
driven past his place, they'd have seen the car - or would have if in a garage, with a search warrant.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:55 am 

https://youtu.be/zC6gC4h9Ing
NFA video of Trudeau speaking on gun confiscation.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:58 am 

Daryl wrote:
I'm afraid that appears to be true. The Nova Scotia killer was identified by his girl friend and other people that he had
illegal guns. The RCMP did nothing. That is what red flag laws are for - yet they ignored it, it appears. Had they even
driven past his place, they'd have seen the car - or would have if in a garage, with a search warrant.

I'd like to know where the $475,000 came from and where it went.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:34 pm 

Next is "putting a cap on Prince George" landowners. Treaties don't exist so you will be allowed to live and conduct business but the land you "own" cannot be sold and will revert to the "original" trespassers/settlers . No buying selling transferring allowed. Too bad so sad.

That could be next. We need to wake up.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:44 pm 

Why would the land revert to the "trespassers/settlers", instead of the Indigenous, who were there first?.... Just sayin'....

Bob

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:48 pm 

Ahhhh yes, land claims. 110% of BC is claimed.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:24 pm 

rsterne wrote:
Why would the land revert to the "trespassers/settlers", instead of the Indigenous, who were there first?.... Just sayin'....

Bob

There was an unsubscribed species of human in North America that pre-dates the Indians, but we are not supposed to talk about that either.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:00 pm 

I'm not wishing to fight these rights battles, simply to point out that the principle of prior or original occupant is a tough one to tie down.

When I studied linguistics in university, we learned that the Aboriginal People across northern Alaska, Yukon, and into NWT all speak languages of the Athabaskan language group. This indicates that these speakers originated from people who were once of one group, and like French, Spanish, Italian, spread out from the original (Latin) speakers.

So, the Lushu, Slave, Athabaskan were all originally of one group. Not too surprising as they still live in the same relative geographical area as one another.

OK, but what about other Athabaskan based language speakers such as the Apache and Navaho? Did they move down to the southern deserts because they got great deals on Mexican condos? People moved around, often because stronger people pushed them out, such as the relatively recent occupation of The Black Hills by the Sioux.

IDK about you, but we're planning claim ownership of sections of Abertillery, Wales, from where my grandparents came, and then make some land claims in Turkey.

I'm only saying that this isn't as simple as some present.

Webley Viscount .177
Kral Mega Marine Walnut .22
Artemis PP750 .22
FX Streamline .22 walnut
FX Streamline .22 composite
FX Dynamic 500 .22

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:00 am 

rsterne wrote:

Bob

That's what I meant because they were settlers too.

And as to the above post, I planned to claim some of Ukraine and some of Germany but that's not going to work out. But a few years ago a visitor from Ukraine suggested I should move back home. (100+ years after family leaving)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:34 am 

paddyfritz wrote:
rsterne wrote:

Bob

There was an unsubscribed species of human in North America that pre-dates the Indians, but we are not supposed to talk about that either.

Should have said undescribed. Spell check changed it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:47 am 

Lanz shooting supplies sold out of handguns.

https://lanzshootingsupplies.com/handguns-sold-out/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:46 pm 

Daryl wrote:
Lanz shooting supplies sold out of handguns.

https://lanzshootingsupplies.com/handguns-sold-out/

https://thecanadiangunguys.ca/ has a number of handguns in stock. Get them while you can.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next