Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Bug a assault Shredder
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:26 pm 

Build as a crosman 357 or vigalante frame and just different grips and barrel. Same rotoary magazines only yellow. Box comes with 5 Crosman CO caplets. Paper punch with tissue paper and school glue and you have a gun for bugs and flies. I was not using my crosman Vigalante anyways. More power and works very well Whoohoo!

Shredder or magazines not avalible in Canada yet. I will like never buy a shredder now as I have what I need. :)

Below comarison of two pistols

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3VUmqMZ2t4&t=265s

Below reloading your crosman mags. I use pink salt out of a grinder as it is bigger chunks and hits harder than table salt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlZjC4QU5l8

I do own 2 bug a assault rifles, a 2.0 and the 3.0 out at my trailer and one at home. CHEERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:59 pm 

Interesting. Should work with any rotary mag ag like the 1077. I think I would want to keep it sub 500 fps though. I think it's time I dig out my 1077 and give it a go.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:22 am 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s_6qhVJ5rM

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:17 am 

My new Vigilante As a Bug A Salt works like a charm. Took out three big green buzzer flies yesterday with single shot each. No need for a follow up shots as with my real Bug A Salt guns. My new go to for my fly swatter is my Vigilante. Knocks em dead no matter the surface they are on. Wish I could take it to my trailer but city people may not understand. Bug A Salt guns look like nurf guns so they are ok. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:54 am 

That is the only issue I have with using a vigilante. It would look like a powder burner to most people.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:56 pm 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
That is the only issue I have with using a vigilante. It would look like a powder burner to most people.

Thats why it is for inside my own house only. Hunted a moth, spider and a green buzzer fly today. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:19 pm 

Just be aware that salt and steel go together like fire and ice.
The plastic parts in the bug version are not affected by corrosion. Salt in a metal gun, especially with a steel barrel and zinc alloy parts is a corrosion party in full swing.

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum

Post subject: Re: Bug a salt Shredder
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:10 am 

Dukemeister wrote:
The plastic parts in the bug version are not affected by corrosion. Salt in a metal gun, especially with a steel barrel and zinc alloy parts is a corrosion party in full swing.

Only if the salt has moisture is it corrosive. Besides I can buy three Vigilates for the price of one Shredder. No signs of any salt remnants left in the gun after shooting it. My bug a salt has a steel barrel and been shooting it for a couple years. They have been out since 2014 and never heard a single barrel rotting out. :)

Post subject: Re: Bug a salt Shredder
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:05 am 

wheeliehd wrote:
Dukemeister wrote:

Only if the salt has moisture is it corrosive. Besides I can buy three Vigilates for the price of one Shredder. No signs of any salt remnants left in the gun after shooting it. My bug a salt has a steel barrel and been shooting it for a couple years. They have been out since 2014 and never heard a single barrel rotting out. :)

Do you know of a Canadian seller?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:11 pm 

Not in Canada yet. No Amazon or Ebay. Is why I use my Vigilante and reload my BB clips. Can order from Bug a salt to Canada directly in US dollars. Appears they ship to Canada for $27 shipping

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:14 pm 

Update

I have never had so much fun as shooting big green buzzer flies, horse flies and yellow jackets with my Vigilante as a salt pistol. House flies I use my Bug a salt 3.0. Just can not shoot screens with the Vigalante as I feel a chance for a hole due to its power. Have salt gun out at my trailer also. Asked my wife what has my life been reduced to being a "fly Hunter". LOL CHEERS!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:59 am 

I was very intent on converting a vigilante to a bug shooter but I thought I'd give the 3.0 a try first. Turns out it's most than adequate. The largest of flies in my house fall in one shot. I've owned the original and shots 12" would only stun. With the 3.0 at 12" most splatter. I've had to pull back to 18-24" just so I don't have to wipe mess off the walls and windows. Printed a rail and mounted a laser. No fly gets away. There goes my plan to convert a pellet gun for bugs. Maybe I'll get the vigilante just for the sake of it. I did have the original "python" in the 8" and 4" barrel. Wish I still had it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:43 pm 

3.0 is way ahead any other models from the past. I have two 3.0. One at house and the Orange Cruch 3.0 at my trailer. Did not want out of town campers on weekends miss identifiying my Black Fly 3.0. :wink:

Check out sight below. Sold outnow I bought the last 3. Wish I could get more. They are deadly. Line front sight with the middle 2 pins and fire. I find the lazer scares the flies. CHEERS!

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B09V1T ... UTF8&psc=1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:11 am 

Interesting. There is a similar rear sight on thingiverse. I'll print one out and see how it fits. I'll send you some if they work well. The flies around here don't notice the laser at all. If they land they die.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5355405

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:43 am 

I would certainly pay you for them. :) Paid $14 each for the orange ones.