Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:44 am 

Hi everyone i now have about 1750 shots through my 2021 model hw80 full power fac modelin 22.
when i pulled it apart to clean relubed etc i noticed that the spring in the middle had a couple coils
that looked a little further apart from all the rest plus its about an inch shorter than the new one.
The old spring also looked like it had a crooked spot in it about 2" from bottom of piston when its
inside.When i rolled it on the desktop it didnt make any thump thump and appered to roll very even.
I didnt replace this spring as now the rifle is so nice to shoot and it will shoot five shots through the
same hole at 18 yards.Its fav pellets are jsb hades 15.89 gr at average 670 fps according to my
caldwell shooting chrony not the g2 model the one with the sky screens.Is other fav pellet is the
H+N barracuda hunter extreme in 18.52 grain at average velocity of 625 fps and they will fly through
the same hole at 18 yards as well.The crossman premier are just to much trouble in this rifle they
also shoot great but only for about 5 shots and then they open up.My main question is if i have 1750
shots through the rifle and the spring has shrunk a little has a couple coils further apart and a little
crooked spot about 2/3rdsthe way up is it near end of life and should i replace with new spring piston
seal etc.It has lost about 60 fps on all pellets since new but the added velocity new was probably from
dieseling as when new it was packed with grease lol.Thanks a bunch to all who can offer advice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:39 pm 

I would leave it as it is. The accuracy as stated, is absolutely wonderful for the rifle.
You are running 15 ftlb., 1ftlb over what my HW97 delivers, but you are producing similar accuracy.
Again, change nothing - That accuracy is hard to improve on & replacing the spring with a new one
will most likely reduce accuracy. It sure won't make it better.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:43 pm 

Daryl wrote:
I would leave it as it is. The accuracy as stated, is absolutely wonderful for the rifle.
You are running 15 ftlb., 1ftlb over what my HW97 delivers, but you are producing similar accuracy.
Again, change nothing - That accuracy is hard to improve on & replacing the spring with a new one
will most likely reduce accuracy. It sure won't make it better.

X2 on that Daryl.

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:17 pm 

Thanks a bunch Daryl you have been a great help with this air rifle stuff
and thanks Dukemeister as well.Great bunch of folks here at Canadian
airgun forum .Happy shootin :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:26 am 

You too, FlyFisherman.