Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:44 pm 

Hello everyone, I am a healthy (sort of) 75 year old returning to the air gunning sport after an absence of 60 years. I say sort of healthy because I have rediscovered air gunning while whiling away my time recovering from a broken back as a result of a motorcycle accident last labour day. Fortunately I will not suffer any lasting affects from the accident (consider myself to be more than a little bit lucky) But enough about that.

Over the months I have become aware of PCP Air rifles generally (Thank you YouTube) and the Air Venturi Avenger in particular. I would really like to purchase an Avenger with a wood stock as soon as my PAL card arrives, but after watching Canadian suppliers for at least a couple of months all I ever see is "Out of Stock" and always on the Plastic Stock guns. I have yet to see a CDN supplier advertising the wood stock model.

Can anyone shed any light on what is going on with this situation and or let me know of Canadian source(s) for Air Venturi Products.

FYI I sent a note off to Air Venturi HO in Ohio this morning so will update if I get any sort of rational response from them in the coming days.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:30 pm 

Welcome to the CAF lots of airgun info here on PCP guns and member are very good at answering question on all things airgun .....................

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:47 pm 

Welcome aboard from a former West Kootenian. I spent my early career in Trail/Castlegar: Both towns were quite polluted back in the early 80's. I believe they have cleaned up quite a bit. Too bad about your bike accident, but sounds like you'll recover so that's good news. Air gunning is a much safer sport than bikes. :drinkers:

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:01 pm 

Dukemeister wrote:
. Air gunning is a much safer sport than bikes. :drinkers:

HA - Could not agree more. I called my wife from the ambulance and told her I was done biking!

Come spring when I have my PAL and have sold my Bike I will be an avid Air gunner!!! For now I have to content myself with youtube videos. - Sigh.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:16 pm 

Welcome to the forum, AlBeix. It's a good place.

I used to ride hard, but switched to a river boat. Much safer, but still exciting.