Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:34 am 

My new Vector 8-32X50 arrived 3 weeks early, mounted in the test stand last night.
Attachment:
scope rig.jpg
scope rig.jpg [ 366.86 KiB | Viewed 1111 times ]
Once the stand is mounted to the concrete table I can accurately test the scope. I can record reticle movement through turret adjustment and reticle stability while focus and zoom adjustments. The video will show the amount of ghosting at full zoom, I built this a year ago and this is my second new scope to test. The first $70 Diana past all the tests.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:28 am 

Wow, my idea of scope testing is if I can see through it and if the knobs turn...
Looking forward to seeing your testing and what you are looking for.
I have 2 Vector scopes and like them both.
Rob27

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:32 am 

Rob27 wrote:
Wow, my idea of scope testing is if I can see through it and if the knobs turn...
Rob27

LOL, same for me!

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:04 am 

The tracking accuracy data should be interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:54 am 

I completed my testing yesterday of the Vector TAC Vector Optics Tactical Sentinel 8-32x50E-SF. I am very happy with the scope as the visual image is far better than the quality of the video and pictures taken. I made a video of the POI testing during zoom. You can see in the video that even with this ridged setup, there still a small amount of scope movement while the mag ring is being rotated. I also conducted this test with pictures at 4X intervals, but the video is better for review purposes. https://youtu.be/3tOEDrq8RAw

I took pictures of turret tracking at the start and finish of a full rotation of both turrets in both directions. Here are the 2 pictures before and after turret movement, They appear to be identical. The Targets are placed on Poly Carbonate sheeting which does show some flaring but is not visible when on sold surfaces. Focusing the scope while using the phone camera is much harder than visually.
Attachment:
T1 (Medium).jpg
T1 (Medium).jpg [ 123.55 KiB | Viewed 1044 times ]
Attachment:
T2 (Medium).jpg
T2 (Medium).jpg [ 120.83 KiB | Viewed 1044 times ]

I conducted each one of these test multiple times to ensure my results were accurate. I would certainly recommend this scope at the price I paid, total $242.74 for over 50 m shooting. I can shoot at 100 m with much less magnification but this will give me a great visual, of POI.

Spring is here in Southern Ontario
Robert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:46 am 

Love my Vector been standing up to a springer recoil for over 5000 shots

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:12 pm 

I like the reticle on this Vector. You just gave me an option as I scope hunt over the next few months.

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:54 pm 

McRobert wrote:
...I would certainly recommend this scope at the price I paid, total $242.74 for over 50 m shooting. I can shoot at 100 m with much less magnification but this will give me a great visual, of POI....Robert

The Source? I like to try out scopes, some stick to me and some not really :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:20 pm 

McRobert wrote:
I completed my testing yesterday of the Vector TAC Vector Optics Tactical Sentinel 8-32x50E-SF. I am very happy with the scope as the visual image is far better than the quality of the video and pictures taken. I made a video of the POI testing during zoom. You can see in the video that even with this ridged setup, there still a small amount of scope movement while the mag ring is being rotated. I also conducted this test with pictures at 4X intervals, but the video is better for review purposes. https://youtu.be/3tOEDrq8RAw

I took pictures of turret tracking at the start and finish of a full rotation of both turrets in both directions. Here are the 2 pictures before and after turret movement, They appear to be identical. The Targets are placed on Poly Carbonate sheeting which does show some flaring but is not visible when on sold surfaces. Focusing the scope while using the phone camera is much harder than visually.
Attachment:
T1 (Medium).jpg
Attachment:
T2 (Medium).jpg

Spring is here in Southern Ontario
Robert

Curious what distance to target and magnification in the pics posted?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:31 am 

I did this tests at home on a concrete counter top with a steel frame and footings, the pictures are at 40 meters X32 power. I also did the test at 98 m but the picture and video are poor because I remove 2 fence boards and view a knot in the fence down the street. If the pictures and video were just for my own purpose I use the 98 m knot.

None of the benches at my local range are secure enough for this type of testing.

Robert