Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:48 pm 

The FX Dreamline is more accurate, overall. It is also easier to shoot well - partially due to the higher powered scope I suppose, but the rifle
just feels easier to shoot, accurately. It is also more accurate with a variety of pellets. Having to only operate the side lever loading for 16 shots
almost makes for more precise holding shot to shot, where as with the Condor sitting on a rest, it has to be cocked, loaded, block closed, then
head back onto the stock, safety off and fired.

Glad you got a new compressor, Lauchlin.

I've been using mine to fill my big 4500 psi carbon tank, but only run it 12 minutes at a time, then let
it cool for at least 30 minutes sometimes over an hour. I get 100psi in the big tank, for each 12 minutes of run time, so it takes a while to get it
back up, when it's down to 3,500psi. Being retired helps.

With the 28 to 30 shot string, I also see no reason really, for a regulator on this rifle. Where it would work well, would be for lower powered
plinking or target shooting, with more rounds available.
If you were satisfied with something like 25 to 30 fpe(.25cal.), it might deliver 150 shots or even more when cranked right down on the power wheel.
TKS chris, but 1-hole groups at 10yards are easy peeze. I did those when it was wasting air as the top hat was not screwed out far enough to seal
the block, yet I was making 75 or more shots per fill when shooting 10 yards indoors. It's actually fairly expensive shooting. Not at all like shooting .177.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:48 pm 

Daryl wrote:
The FX Dreamline is more accurate, overall. It is also easier to shoot well - partially due to the higher powered scope I suppose, but the rifle
just feels easier to shoot, accurately. It is also more accurate with a variety of pellets. Having to only operate the side lever loading for 16 shots
almost makes for more precise holding shot to shot, where as with the Condor sitting on a rest, it has to be cocked, loaded, block closed, then
head back onto the stock, safety off and fired.

Glad you got a new compressor, Lauchlin.

I've been using mine to fill my big 4500 psi carbon tank, but only run it 12 minutes at a time, then let
it cool for at least 30 minutes sometimes over an hour. I get 100psi in the big tank, for each 12 minutes of run time, so it takes a while to get it
back up, when it's down to 3,500psi. Being retired helps.

With the 28 to 30 shot string, I also see no reason really, for a regulator on this rifle. Where it would work well, would be for lower powered
plinking or target shooting, with more rounds available.
If you were satisfied with something like 25 to 30 fpe(.25cal.), it might deliver 150 shots or even more when cranked right down on the power wheel.
TKS chris, but 1-hole groups at 10yards are easy peeze. I did those when it was wasting air as the top hat was not screwed out far enough to seal
the block, yet I was making 75 or more shots per fill when shooting 10 yards indoors. It's actually fairly expensive shooting. Not at all like shooting .177.

It probably going going to 30 cal in time i have been have a hard time getting a barrel blank for it

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:02 pm 

A .30 Condor might be a hot ticket to have. Need .35 cal. though, for big game.
A heavy (titanium) hammer might work well, too, especially in .30cal. or larger.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:21 pm 

My rifle, set up with the 10x40mm Immersive scope, the scope ends up being 3.7" above the centre of the bore.
This gives two things, a more comfortable hold due to the height of the tank which is also the butt stock, and
also translates into a fairly nice trajectory over usable ranges. By this, with the 4/10 wheel setting and the 25.39gr.
pellets, averaging about 1050fps, 1/2" low at 25yards, 0 at 31yds. .4" high at 44yards, 0 at 55 and 1/2" low at 62
yards and only 8 1/5" low at 100.
So - a 1.0" kill (1/2" below to 1/2"above to 1.2" below) zone from 25 to 62yards.
With a 2" kill zone, it's even better, of course.
(1" above to 1" below LOSight)pellet climbing to 1" below at 17yards, 0 at 25yards, peaking at 1" high at 47yards, down to 0 at 67yards and down to 1" low at 75yards & 7" low at 100, where it still has 693fps and 27 FPE.

Attachments:
Condor 25Immersive 10x40.JPG
Condor 25Immersive 10x40.JPG [ 337.98 KiB | Viewed 516 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:31 pm 

Got out to the range today to test 25.39gr. JSB's, some 26.8gr. and 29gr. NSA slugs and 26.54gr. Hades pellets.
With the JSB's and Hades, I was able to hit small stones on the berm (71yard second zero) and the RF sil. pig at 60 meters, along with small stones
on the 91yard berm, 1/2 mil. holdover. After a few trial shots I was doing the same on the berm that is 119yards from the firing line with 3mils
and the sil. RF rams hanging at 100 meters with 2 1/2 mil. holdover. That was fun - had the range to my self, most of the time. Still a bit of snow on the
range. I have to do the same now, with the Dreamline with Hades and the Aselkon with 33.95gr. JSB's.
The range, today. Snow is going down quickly. The standing target holder in the middle of the 'field' with the green target is 55yards. The berms are behind the Silhouette racks,
which are 40, 60, 77 and 100 meters. The berms some yards behind the animal racks were where I was shooting the stones. Easy to see hits and adjust the point of aim.
The 100 meter rails (right rear) are still mostly covered with snow, but the target stand behind them is open, as-are the rams, one on each side on swinging rods.
Same at the 60 meter bank. These target stands are just behind the animal racks & have swinging animals. The 40 meter target with chickens was removed & I could
not see the 77 metee turkeys from my bench.

Attachments:
April 10 2023.JPG
April 10 2023.JPG [ 324.42 KiB | Viewed 502 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:27 am 

Daryl wrote:
Got out to the range today to test 25.39gr. JSB's, some 26.8gr. and 29gr. NSA slugs and 26.54gr. Hades pellets.
With the JSB's and Hades, I was able to hit small stones on the berm (71yard second zero) and the RF sil. pig at 60 meters, along with small stones
on the 91yard berm, 1/2 mil. holdover. After a few trial shots I was doing the same on the berm that is 119yards from the firing line with 3mils
and the sil. RF rams hanging at 100 meters with 2 1/2 mil. holdover. That was fun - had the range to my self, most of the time. Still a bit of snow on the
range. I have to do the same now, with the Dreamline with Hades and the Aselkon with 33.95gr. JSB's.
The range, today. Snow is going down quickly. The standing target holder in the middle of the 'field' with the green target is 55yards. The berms are behind the Silhouette racks,
which are 40, 60, 77 and 100 meters. The berms some yards behind the animal racks were where I was shooting the stones. Easy to see hits and adjust the point of aim.
The 100 meter rails (right rear) are still mostly covered with snow, but the target stand behind them is open, as-are the rams, one on each side on swinging rods.
Same at the 60 meter bank. These target stands are just behind the animal racks & have swinging animals. The 40 meter target with chickens was removed & I could
not see the 77 metee turkeys from my bench.

I see white stuff on the ground what is that stuff lol yuk......My compressor arrived yesterday so i can start filling again but it seem my daughter threw my FX radar in the dump :twisted: :twisted: :evil: .so i have a new one coming ............I am going to be in PG to pic up my late brothers ham radio equipment some time next month and lay a beating on his kids LOL ....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:03 pm 

LOL - that white stuff was same height as the berms last time I was there and had to use snowshoes to get out to the 55 yard target stand.
Even at that, it was way down from where it had been before the balmy weather hit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:30 am 

Are the wooden baffles for sound/echo reduction? Looks like a nice place to shoot. Wish we were allowed to shoot steel.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:23 am 

The baffles are to prevent bullet ricochets off the ground.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:06 pm 

Got out to the range today practicing with the Condor at 55yards and further. I did get to test some other pellets, nothing earth shattering, but the JSB Predators did shoot fairly well, with
5 out of 6 going into under 1/2". I'll have to retest those at this range and further. The Hades actually seem quite consistent out to 118yards. Something unexpected, is I tried some moly coated
51gr. NOW cast slugs, Bob Sterne's design of a FN boat tail. with the horizontal indicator under the 4 and #10 on the hammer spring wheel, they ran 906 average vel. for 93fpe. The group wasn't anything to write home about, but the holes were perfectly round and the group ran 1 3/8" at 55yards. I will have to retest these slugs as they may be better than any of the pellets at longer ranges.
The 26.54gr. Hades are running 1,050fps av. producing 65fpe.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:45 pm 

What you like best .22 or .25
Reason I am asking thinking of moving up to a dream line .25

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:55 pm 

Hi Abs. I bought my Dreamline in .25, however I think I might have been happier with the .22 as that one is more likely to also
shoot lighter slugs well, in the 18 to 22gr. weights. This is due to the normally faster rifling twists in .22 cal. I was surprised my
Condor did reasonably well with the 51gr., yet not anywhere nearly as well with the NSA slugs 26.8gr. through 31gr. I need to cast
some more up, and test different hammer spring settings with them.
My Dreamline will not shoot any of the slugs I've tested so far, even the Hybrids, it hates. It does seem to like most pellets in the
25.4gr. range. The .25 Aselkon really likes the 33.95gr. JSB's, but neither the FX nor Condor like those.
From a purely hunting standpoint, the .25 cal. I think, is the better solution. It hammers game harder than the .22 cals. due to pellet
diameter. There is a big step up from .177 to .22 and again, from .22 to .25.
As well for me, the shorter barrel and air tank were part of the deciding factor on calibre.