Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Stupid question but...
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 8:36 am 

I have my PAL for so many year's, more then 29 year's. At a moment I did not renew it because I forgot to give my new address, Year's later they finally contacted me and helped me to get registered again, thank's to them.

In a way of speaking (in my life) I never did receive any renewal paper/submission. My license expires November 2026.

The question is:
Will I receive renewal paper from the Gov. or do I have to do it from beginning on my own.

For the moment I do not own firearms, but with C21 over head and not knowing what Gov. have in plan's for the year's to come, also that BB gun may be include as a firearm to and subject to some kind of licensing, I want to keep my PAL, just in case.

SilentMan... :drinkers:

6mm
Not enough and to many.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 8:56 am 

You can renew it online. You just need to take a pic with your phone. I'd renew it at least a few months before expiry. I screwed up and renewed it about a month after expiry and still got my new one in about 2 months time.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 10:29 am 

It is all done online!

Your story is just more proof no one monitors anything, it's nothing more than a money grab. I believe everything is based on if one gets into trouble then they can and will prosecute and grab more money.

If your restricted license is up for renewal they will do a quick check to see if you're a collector or you're a shooting range member. As far as a non restricted license, they could give a rat's behind.

Show them the money! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 11:30 am 

My P.A.L. is a little more complicated and twice now, it has taken 6, then 5 months for renewal. This was long before covid.
Although it is not noted on their web site or renewal form, if you have a P.A.L. which allows restricted handguns, take a picture
of your up-to-date club membership & include it. That will speed up the process, somewhat.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 2:07 pm 

Mine is good to 2025... Don't know what laws or things would be at that time...

However I have a R.PAL and have no powder burner or handguns... Plus no any memberships.... Just some PAL rated rifles... What my case could be then??

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 10:29 pm 

Don't know. My P.A.L. is a 12/6 which includes prohibited handguns, so maybe that's the difference.
I have a couple friends with P.A.L.(s) allowing restricted handguns, but they have none and applied on-line, NP.
Few years back one was asked if he had handguns as none were registered to him and he said no. Then they asked why?
He said when he took the course, he thought he might want one, some day. NP.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 6:38 am 

[emoji38] What's that (those) prohibited handguns in your hand? You sawed the barrel and the stock of your HW97??
-------
Yeah... For the same reason that I thought I could buy a or some pistols but actually due to the second reason (or fact) I am not a member in any club to shoot any pistol... So....

Maybe the main reason was on the base of taking the PAL course, that's a combo price discount to take another half day following to get the R.PAL... So... Why not?! [emoji38] we like promotions and discounts... :)

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 6:49 am 

Many people aquired RPal's to buy and shoot the most popular rifle in Canada, the ar15. The ever so infamous gun that has never been used in a crime in Canada. I digress. There was the added bonus of being able to do the same with pistol.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:21 pm 

Unless they change the system again before your renewal, assume they will not contact you to renew. It is REAL easy to renew online though. The Canadian Firearms Program (CFP) website might be a little confusing at first to navigate, like any government website, but is pretty straight forward and easy to search. You can also update your information on there too, so if they are kind enough to send you a notice to renew, it’ll end up in the right mailbox.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:56 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

I've renewed my RPAL a few times online with no problem. Doing it online is much faster than mailing it in by a few months. A friend mailed his in one year, I did mine online, I got mine in a fraction of the time, and his was only PAL. I've never been asked for a club membership, though I do have Collector Status. I usually start mine in January, over 6 months early just to be safe and avoid becoming a criminal.