Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:06 pm 

I'm impressed with the .22 caliber JTS Airacuda max. I'll give the pros first. The gun comes nicely boxed in a molded foam form in a nice graphic box. The wood is smooth with no rough edges. The stippling is really sharp and no areas that "just passed" inspection. The staining is very well done. No areas that I can see that "just passed inspection." The overall fit and finish is very acceptable for a budget pcp. Metal is all black anodized.. Two magazines all metal and smooth to operate. Loads into the gun smoothly. The cocking of the lever action is very smooth. Soft lead pellets (jsb's) load into the breech very smooth. Harder lead pellets go in with some resistance. Slugs load with a lot of resistance. The accuracy with pellets is very good. Shot string at last of pictures.
Now for the cons on my 3rd refill air leaked bad out fill nipple. The fix was so simple and easy to do. It took longer to drain the gun of air than the fix. When firing the gun there awas a very noisy hammer spring vibration. Another very easy fix with some grease on the spring where is goes into the hammer. Stopped the vibration. Smoothed out the hammer spring ends also they were a little on the rough side.
I'm pleased with the purchase of the Airacuda max. Would be awesome if JTS made a single shot tray and included with purchase. Cleaned the bore with ballistol . JTS have very good disassemble videos and others on youtube. Lots of help available.

18 grain JSB's

It took alot of cleaning patches

Daystate rever
AA510 carbine
JTS Airacuda

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:40 pm 

I have the JTS Airacuda Standard and just luv this unit.....I'm seriously thinking of purchasing the .25 Max.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:44 pm 

WoodWelder wrote:
I have the JTS Airacuda Standard and just luv this unit.....I'm seriously thinking of purchasing the .25 Max.

I was deciding between the standard and the max both have their good points. If the standard is of the same quality as the max then I'de have to say the JTS is a good choice.

Daystate rever
AA510 carbine
JTS Airacuda

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:13 pm 

Cadeau wrote:
WoodWelder wrote:

I was deciding between the standard and the max both have their good points. If the standard is of the same quality as the max then I'de have to say the JTS is a good choice.

Yes, an excellent choice!
I took a trip to visit Wes and handled both in my hands. The only reason I picked the standard was because, I had no PCP experience and felt simpler was better at the time of purchase. I have no regrets as you said both have their good points. The fit and finish are really nice. I've put a few thousand rounds thru mine with zero issues. The only mod I did was give the stock 5 coats of hand rubbed Tung oil.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:56 pm 

Is the only difference, the regulator in the Max, vs. no regulator in the standard?
I've watched some videos on airgun 101 and they are impressive at their price point.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:09 pm 

Daryl wrote:
Is the only difference, the regulator in the Max, vs. no regulator in the standard?

Correct Daryl. Maybe an o-ring of diffrence here and there.

Daystate rever
AA510 carbine
JTS Airacuda

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:06 pm 

Actually the pressure tube on the standard is smaller, not by much but it's narrower. And it's a 200bar fill instead of 220. Not sure if that is for safety or for velocity consistency since the smaller pressure tube should handle pressure better than the big one.
I really like both as well. The standard has surprisingly consistent velocity over a nice shot count even though it does not have a regulator.

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:07 pm 

How well does the Max compare to the FX Streamline, HW100KT, or Kral Mega?

The price point seems more than attractive.

Webley Viscount .177
Kral Mega Marine Walnut .22
Artemis PP750 .22
FX Streamline .22 walnut
FX Streamline .22 composite
FX Dynamic 500 .22

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:54 pm 

I'd say accuracy is really good so comparable to the Streamline in my experience and it's regulated which is a big plus but it is missing that port adjustment that is so nice on the Kral and on the JTS standard Airacuda. They should have kept that on the max in my opinion. Maybe future versions will have it.

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk