Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:55 pm 

Hi Guy's,

I wasn't going to do this, but then got to a thinking about it and didn't think that it was right for people not to have access to this information when it's needed. So here's the lot of them as follows:

So here they are for now, and I hope there readable :?:

Krazy Mikey... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:34 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

Krazy Mikey
IMHO a service manual like that should come with every airgun sold.
I am sure this one will be very usefull for the Crosman model 99 owners.
Rene :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:52 pm 

Shows up on line great Mikey. Nice job 8)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:04 pm 

Hi Guy's,
You are all very welcome, and I am glad that it is readable. You see, I was abit worried about that. But I looked at it, and my eye's aren't that good close up, and if I can read it anyone should have no problems with it. So thats great :D And I agree that all of the Crosman Gunz that are sold should have this information included with the AirGun. Or for that matter any AG. But I guess they don't want the average Joe screwing around with them. But thats kinda of a stupid way of looking at it. If I bought an AirGun, and there was something small wrong with it, I would not take it, or send it back to the Store, or even back to Crosman. Only unless the Main Spring snapped after the first Cocking and or Firing...Then I would just exchange it for another one :wink: This one here came off of an E-Bay Auction for $$$. It's totally wrong in my opinion. So Naw Naw Naw E-Bay. There isn't any writting on it anywhere's not to copy it. Anyway's it's a "Copied" 1965 Shop Manual, because they even say to modify some parts in this one with newer parts. It's like it was rewritten for that reason. So those guy's making coin off of it can eat poop... :lol:

Edit: I've got to go through all of my saved Documents, because I've got atleast 20 Gig's of AirGun information and even Manuals... :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:00 am 

:idea: :idea: What's involved with my Documents section in my PC, is that its all messed up for some reason. So what I'm going to have to do is totally straightened this out before I start listing these manuals online here in here in the "CAF" Hopefully it shouldn't take that long a time either :)

Last edited by Krazy Mike on Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:54 am 
Banned

just so you know, Crosman has the owner's manual and the exploded view for download still. But the other info isn't there, just those two.
http://www.crosman.com/2004/pdf/manuals/crosman/99/

edit - did you scan those, or were they just pictures you'd found somewhere?

Post subject: Re: Dumb ???
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:44 pm 

Hey Guy's,
The only thing that is available to the Public's eye is the Owners Manual, and the Schematic, and thats it. This information that I've gotton my hands on was from "E-Bay". And yes Shorty, I Scanned it with a very good Scanner, 48-Bit. I had to run it threw Photo-Shop afew times until I came up with this. And it's the best I can do. This INFO tells you how to dissasemble & Reassemble the the Receiver properly. And shows the Valve unit and how to properly install the O-rings and Gaskets etc etc :wink:

Mike... :wink:

Last edited by Krazy Mike on Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:03 pm 

Hi Mikey. If you reread Shorty's post I think you will find that you both are just agreeing with each other. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:19 pm 
Banned

yeah, I had stated that they only have the owner's manual and the exploded view available for download. And I stated I know they don't have the other info you have shared. I was just pointing out that you can get some decent resolution copies straight from Crosman for those two portions.

I was just wondering if you had scanned them because the files you posted are on the small side, and as a consequence at least two of those pages can't really be read. I know there's a dimensions/size limit for pictures posted here in a thread like that. The second-last and third-last pages are tough to make out, especially the one with the picture. Text is illegible. If you get any free time to have another go at it I'm sure we'd all appreciate some un-resized 300dpi scans, perhaps thrown into a zip file, since they'd obviously be too big to post as images in the thread. A 300-dpi copy would be great for printing out a nice hardcopy. Looks like the paper's pretty thin, getting a lot of bleed-through from the other side when scanned. I hate when it's like that, makes it so hard to get a clean scan.

Anyway, thanks for the ones you've already shared. Good info to have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:17 pm 

Hi Shorty,
I did it at only 75-dpi, and the bleed through was also a problem. I was going to put a piece of Bristle Board behind it to stop it from happening like that. The Scanners light is to bright. Thats the problem there. I'll get the Woman to do it, and I'll repost it here inplace of these ones. I've also found some of those Crosman cpoies aren't that good, especially the #2289g one is terrible. I've got a good one of those in my files somewheres. But I had a Burner werking in my background that I didn't know was happening and it is screwing up my whole system. So I've got to take out a brand new one out ofan older PC I've got and install it into mine. Hopefully it'll burn these pic's I've got of my Son. I didn't know it was still trying to do it. :?

Mike... :wink: I'll fix them... :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:21 pm 
Banned

Cool, thanks! Yeah, I looked through a bunch of the Crosman downloads. Some of them are great, some of them are pretty bad. Looks like quite a few of them are just from old beat up copies that just kind of survived over the years, hehe. Probably their shop copies that were probably the only ones left at the time they were digitizing everything. Or digitizing because they were the last ones, etc, heh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:46 pm 

Hi Shorty,
Do you have figure 11 of the Valve itself with the writting on each side of it :?: I have a small problem, I can't find that particular page, seems as if it as dissappeared on me some how :( If you've got it I would appreciate it very much ? But then again, I haven't seen any of your posts in here for awhile either lately :( HELP :)

Krazy Mike...&...DeathRising...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:53 pm 

Or anyone else that could possibly have this page I'm in need of. Would be appreciated very much. I didn't realize he was Banned.

KM... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:08 pm 

I have the complete manual. What do you need as the valve is pictured a couple of posts above :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:04 pm 

Yes the third one up from the bottom. It's the one with the pic of the valve in the centre of the page with writting on each side of it. I have the whole shop manual also but that part of it is missing. We looked everywheres throughout the entire house and can't find it. If you could send it to my PM box that would be fine I'd think, or a link or something. Much appreciated... :)

Mike... :)