Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:54 pm 

Hi guys!
I have mentioned a couple times previously in this forum that I have participated in some fun online competitions.
A new season just started in November (a season is six months so it runs until April). The submission date for the November entries just got extended by a week to allow some more shooters to join in.
I spent a few hours on the weekend reacquainting myself with some guns that I do not shoot much and had a ball.

All you need to participate is a 6 yard range - sounds easy but some of these competitions are challenging. The contests are run by volunteers in the UK so if you go to their web site all their downloadable targets are formatted for UK size paper. I have converted them all to Letter size and confirmed the sizes.

There are many different competitions, many at 6 yards so most people can shoot them in their basement or garage, some are 10M, some are longer. I only shoot the 6 yard ones. Most are standing, freehand with exceptions available for those that need them. The idea is to have fun with some friendly competition.

I participate in:
6 yard pistol (5 shots 2-handed and 5 shots 1-handed) in both open sight and optical sight categories
- P17 in the SSP category and Airbug in the CO2 category for Open sights
- P17 and 2240 in the Optical sight matches
6 yard rifle (open sights only, 10 shots at tiny scoring rings) in both budget rifle and precision rifle categories
- Crosman Optimus .177
- Crosman Phantom .22
- HW50 .177 (precision rifle category)
6 yard Budget Springer (still open sights, but more forgiving targets)
- Crosman Optimus .177
- Crosman Phantom .22
PIPAS - this is a surprising amount of fun. You need a multi-shot pistol for this one. It is a timed competition 3 rounds of 5 shots in 10 seconds. Penalties for missing make this one challenging even though it is only 6 yards and two handed. I shoot either my Crosman Vigilante or my CP88 (open sights only).

Police Pistol - 3 different elements again for multi-shot pistol - time constrained and penalties for shots that get away on you. I again use my Vigilante or CP88.

You can see from this hardware list I am shooting inexpensive guns at distances that most of us have available in the basement or garage. I would love to have some of my CAF forum buddies join me in some (or all) of these competitions. You can drop in and out if you want although for the best season-long points ranking it is better if you shoot all six. You can shoot your targets anytime during the month so it should be easy to schedule, but somehow I always find myself cramming them in over a day or 2.

This is all for fun and on the honour system - you do not have to send in your targets or even a picture, just submit your scores. You can shoot as many practice rounds as you want, but I always write on my targets - either practice or Comp before I shoot them to avoid the temptation to submit that amazing practice target as my official score, or to give myself a mulligan if a few shots get away from me (as you can see happened with my 2240 yesterday - I shot a practice round with 5 tens 2-handed, then a respectable (for me) total of 40 1-handed, then signed the next target for submission and....just barely squeaked a few into the 10 ring and ended up posting 7 less than the practice round shot 5 minutes earlier.)

So - you have a week to join me and still make the November cut off. Break out one of those pistols or rifles that you do have not shot in a while and have some fun. I can email you the targets ready for you to print and you can be up and running in minutes.

I will post a couple pics of a couple of my targets ( the police pistol one has some extra holes since after I counted my official score I did some practicing for the next comp).

Who is in?
Rob27

Attachments:
20231204_154310_resized_1.jpg
20231204_154310_resized_1.jpg [ 256.93 KiB | Viewed 523 times ]
20231204_154611_resized_1.jpg
20231204_154611_resized_1.jpg [ 214.93 KiB | Viewed 523 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:35 pm 

When I Googled UBC 6 yard pistol target, this is what I got.
6 bulls with 5 to 10 scoring, no X ring.
https://btckstorage.blob.core.windows.n ... Target.pdf
Not having a repeater air powered handgun I'll compete in the other target only.
Could you provide a link to the double bull target please?

Attachments:
IMG_3402.JPG
IMG_3402.JPG [ 199.04 KiB | Viewed 495 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:02 pm 

Daryl wrote:
Could you provide a link to the double bull target please?

Awesome - thanks for jumping in Daryl.
I do not have a link since I made it myself. I confirmed the size with the organizers though.
I would be happy to email you the pdf file. I created both the one with the 2 full size bulls as well as a practice sheet with 10 smaller bulls that only go from 10 down to 5.
I do not believe that I can post a PDF here so if you want to send me an email or a PM with your email address I will send it.
my email is Rob27portc@gmail.com
The link to the forum and all the contest rules (including videos that are helpful for some of the more complicated ones) is:
https://umarexboysclub.weebly.com/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:02 pm 

Semi auto pistol would be fun if I had one?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:07 pm 

WoodWelder wrote:
Semi auto pistol would be fun if I had one?

The double action Vigilante revolver or the (hidden DA revolver) CP88 work well. Not as accurate as some others, but I actually shot some of these competitions with a Glock 19 .177 BB a few times before I got these multi-shot pellet shooters - that makes for a challenge!

All in good fun.
Rob27

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:55 am 

PIPAS is out for me now, until I get me a semi auto pellet pistol.

I'm in for a few other events though.....PM sent Rob27

Thank,
Gary

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:31 pm 

Yes, trying to get 5 shots off in 10 seconds with a single shot pistol would be a challenge! Although I did test it last year with a break barrel rifle just for fun to see how fast I could do it!

Emails with target PDFs sent to Daryl and Woodwelder!

I hope to be chasing you guys on the UBC leaderboards soon!

My name in that forum and competitions is Guns-n-Guitars.

Anyone else want to join and have another excuse to make some holes in paper and giggle?

Rob27

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:08 pm 

I tried to join their forum, but it kept telling me EVERY one of the usernames I tried (3) were already in use, which is BS.
They are used on other forums, but never on the umarex boys club forum.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:13 pm 

I got in on the second try by leaving a space in between, got the email and clicked in. However, that was 4hrs ago and this is what I get when I log in now.....

Your membership in this group is currently pending admin approval.

I can't post to introduce myself. :?