Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 2:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:06 pm 

Going to buy one in 9mm is cheap so any opinions ?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:07 pm 

I've been on the fence when it comes to 9mm carbines, would like one but don't want to put anymore money into semi autos that our dear leader may soon ban for our common good.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:43 am 

Did you buy one??

I had a look at one when they came out, and they seemed nice. Was very tempted to get one. I heard later that some people experienced problems with them. Later on I picked up a Ruger PCC when presented with a good deal. Would have rather had a wood stock, but I camo painted mine to make it more attractive than a plain black stock, and modified a couple CZ style mags to work in it. Put a sling on it, and a cheap flashlight fit perfectly in a spare scope ring to fit the fore stock "rail".

Really is a nice shooter, built well, and a very fast, and slick take down. Handles and feels like a beefy 10/22, but feels like a higher quality gun at the same time.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:49 am 

Headdamage wrote:
I've been on the fence when it comes to 9mm carbines, would like one but don't want to put anymore money into semi autos that our dear leader may soon ban for our common good.

I don't worry so much about what the libs or dippers don't want us to have. If we all worried about that, they'd barely bother bringing guns into Canada for retail. Much easier outlawing stuff that only a few people have, also. I get more concerned about missing my chance to buy something that I wanted. They'd like to take em all, but don't have the stomach to do it, and neither do I for giving them up.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:05 am 

I did in fact buy one so far no problems at around 200 rounds i think i might buy a Ruger PCC next
i was surprised at the kick and how loud the little pistol cartridge was and so far just sighted in for beer cans and bunny's at around 50 to 75 yards ...............

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:12 am 

Not interested in the Chiappa but the S&W FPC has gotten my attention.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:44 am 

The S&W looks interesting:
"The new optics-ready M&P® FPC™ showcases our brand new, compact, folding design. Coming with(one) 17-round and (two) 23-round magazines, the in-stock ..."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:48 am 

That Chiappa looks pretty cool and very close if not identical to the original M1 action, except likely blow-back instead of gas operated.
I wanted to build one in .17 Peewee some time ago, before the silliness happened. I just never got around to it.
I had a Steven's Favorite single shot I converted to .32 S&W for grouse. Was a fun gun to shoot. 115gr., RN's @ 900fps. 2gr. Bullseye. Might
have been 1 1/2gr. Long time ago.
That 9mm M1 would be fun.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:00 am 

lauchlin wrote:
I did in fact buy one so far no problems at around 200 rounds i think i might buy a Ruger PCC next
i was surprised at the kick and how loud the little pistol cartridge was and so far just sighted in for beer cans and bunny's at around 50 to 75 yards ...............

Perfect! That's what those guns are made for. I wanted a 9mm carbine ages ago, when it didn't seem anybody had any interest in manufacturing them. Thought they'd make a nice close range coyote gun as well.

Isn't there some kinda rule 'bout how you have to post pictures now?? C'mon mod(s)! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:04 am 

Daryl wrote:
That Chiappa looks pretty cool and very close if not identical to the original M1 action, except likely blow-back instead of gas operated.
I wanted to build one in .17 Peewee some time ago, before the silliness happened. I just never got around to it.
I had a Steven's Favorite single shot I converted to .32 S&W for grouse. Was a fun gun to shoot. 115gr., RN's @ 900fps. 2gr. Bullseye. Might
have been 1 1/2gr. Long time ago.
That 9mm M1 would be fun.

I like those Favorites and Crackshots... Think you need to post a pic too!

I don't recall offhand, and not going to bother looking it up RN, but I suspect you're right about it being a blowback, rather than a more faithful version of the M1 Carbine. That'd drive up the price a bit.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:00 am 

Tactical Lever wrote:
lauchlin wrote:

Perfect! That's what those guns are made for. I wanted a 9mm carbine ages ago, when it didn't seem anybody had any interest in manufacturing them. Thought they'd make a nice close range coyote gun as well.

Isn't there some kinda rule 'bout how you have to post pictures now?? C'mon mod(s)! :lol:

tough crowded LOL

Attachments:
99-mm.jpg
99-mm.jpg [ 580.19 KiB | Viewed 484 times ]
9mm.jpg
9mm.jpg [ 422.6 KiB | Viewed 484 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:19 pm 

Must have an 18 1/2" bl. Cool! 9MM doesn't need a gas system. I suspect the .30 M! wouldn't either, if the bolt was heavier.
One of those in .45 ACP would be amazing. I shot 2 bear with my 1911 while "at work" one fall. I would not recommend anyone
try that. It was a "special" occurrence, close range and broadside shots. One was close to 350 pounds, a big boar. shot 8 "trouble"
bears that fall and used a variety of guns, just because I could.