Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:38 pm 

Just to show you how silly these amendments are:
top to bottom:
1876 Winchester in .50/95, producing 2,362fpe = 3,202.4 joules with top smokeless load
1886 Winchester in .45/70, producing 3,354fpe = 4,547.4 joules with top smokeless load
1874 Sharps in .45 1.9"(.45/60), producing 2,914fpe = 3,950.8 joules with top smokeless load.
A single shot rifle and 2 lever action rifles from 136 to 148 years ago.

We have to get these assault rifles off the streets.

Attachments:
3 for Prohib.JPG
3 for Prohib.JPG [ 230.21 KiB | Viewed 1517 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:37 pm 

"Assault-style" weapons

Attachments:
download.jpg
download.jpg [ 14.04 KiB | Viewed 1475 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:37 am 

If you use the liberal logic then I guess muzzle loaders would be "military assault style" seeing as they were used by the military! It is all about disarming the citizens so they become subjects.

Gamo Magnum .22
Beeman QB Chief .22
Beeman AR2079A HPA .177
Beeman P17
Umerex Colt Commander
Artemis M11 MK2 .22
FX Dreamline Classic .25
Hill EC-3000 compressor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:25 am 

5dotrz wrote:
It is all about disarming the citizens so they become subjects.

The hard core anti-gun crusaders have already made up their minds that all guns are evil and anyone who wants one is a threat to society.

For the millions of others who have no opinion, the statement above makes it sound like the first group is correct.

My guns are not weapons that I hoard in gleefully anticipation of a violent revolution, they are sporting equipment that I use for my hobbies. I wish more people would see it that way.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:08 am 

Daryl wrote:
Just to show you how silly these amendments are:
top to bottom:
1876 Winchester in .50/95, producing 2,362fpe = 3,202.4 joules with top smokeless load
1886 Winchester in .45/70, producing 3,354fpe = 4,547.4 joules with top smokeless load
1874 Sharps in .45 1.9"(.45/60), producing 2,914fpe = 3,950.8 joules with top smokeless load.
A single shot rifle and 2 lever action rifles from 136 to 148 years ago.

We have to get these assault rifles off the streets.

There were a lot of ridiculous things on the list. Actually, the whole list was ridiculous. One stand out was "Mauser". I don't think they even know whether it's supposed to be the, brand, the action, or copies, or iterations of the old 96, and 98?

Were those actually on the list? I don't recall seeing that, but it wouldn't surprise me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:36 am 

The lever actioned rifles "carry" more than 5 rounds.
The Sharps is a single shot, very similar to the Westley Richards falling block single shot that was listed.
The 1908 Argentinian Mauser was the Mauser listed in C21 amendments that were 'dropped'. Another "make" listed was the Ruger #1 single shot rifle along
with 6 or 7 Mark IV Weatherby Rifles.

This just came "in" form the CSSA. It appears the "compensation" for multi-thousand $$ rifles in the 2020 list, will be subject to ZERO compensation.

COMMENTARY

Trudeau to PAL Holders: No Firearms Confiscation Compensation for You

Buried deep inside Justin Trudeau’s 2023 Fall Economic Statement, there is a line item that confirms CSSA’s long-held position that the Trudeau government would not pay compensation to RCMP-vetted licensed firearms owners.

That line item, Advancing the Collection of Banned Assault-Style Firearms, shows an allocation of $27 million in 2023-24 and $62 million in 2024-25, but no money for actual compensation payments to licensed firearms owners.[i]

These amounts are allocated to Public Safety and the RCMP, with no explanation of how they will use this money.

What we know:

The May 1, 2020 Order in Council gun ban was entirely politically motivated. They sold it as a public safety measure to capitalize on the horror of the Nova Scotia mass murders.
The Nova Scotia mass murderer smuggled most of his guns into Canada from the United States, and stole the rest.
The National Police Federation (NFP), the union representing 20,000 RCMP members, called the Liberal narrative a lie, stating, “The narrative is that we need to restrict gun ownership because that will curtail crime, when really the evidence is that illegal gun trafficking leads to criminals owning guns, which leads to crimes with firearms.”[ii]
In July 2020, Public Safety issued an insulting list of proposed compensation prices for the firearms banned by the May 1, 2020, Order in Council.[iii]
On September 22, 2020, Public Safety cancelled a tender for contractors to develop a firearms confiscation compensation program after none of their hand-picked vendors submitted a proposal.
In December 2020, the Trudeau government hired International Business Machines Corp. (IBM) to design a system to confiscate firearms from firearms businesses and licensed firearms owners.
Public Safety continues to avoid provincial jurisdiction by attempting to strike deals with cities and their police forces.[iv]
The provinces of Saskatchewan and Alberta have both passed legislation that requires the federal government to respect provincial jurisdiction and pay compensation.
The Trudeau government’s own estimates of the cost of a firearms confiscation compensation scheme topped $1.8 billion in 2019[v] – and will be much higher today.

Justin Trudeau’s federal government is quick to blame RCMP-vetted firearms owners for the actions of drug dealers, violent criminals and gang members, but short on implementing measures that will actually protect Canadians.

“Justin Trudeau has given us the worst increase in crime in recorded history,” said Pierre Poilievre on December 6th, “a 100% increase in gun crime, the highest murder rate in 30 years.”[vi]

“Common sense Conservatives will bring in jail and not bail for repeat violent offenders; treatment not decriminalized and subsidized hard drugs; and we will reinforce our borders to keep illegal guns and drugs out rather than harassing the law-abiding, trained and tested RCMP-vetted lawful firearms owners.”

“We will protect the lawful people and put the real criminals in jail. Common sense,” Poilievre stated.

What we don’t know is a much shorter list.

Will the Trudeau government respect the Charter of Rights and Freedoms?
Will the Trudeau government respect the Supreme Court of Canada?
Will the Trudeau government pay compensation to the lawful owners of firearms that Trudeau banned during a moment of national tragedy?

All indications, including the government’s own fiscal updates, are that “NO!” is the answer to all three questions.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:18 pm 

Daryl wrote:
The lever actioned rifles "carry" more than 5 rounds.
The Sharps is a single shot, very similar to the Westley Richards falling block single shot that was listed.
The 1908 Argentinian Mauser was the Mauser listed in C21 amendments that were 'dropped'. Another "make" listed was the Ruger #1 single shot rifle along
with 6 or 7 Mark IV Weatherby Rifles.

This just came "in" form the CSSA. It appears the "compensation" for multi-thousand $$ rifles in the 2020 list, will be subject to ZERO compensation.

COMMENTARY

Trudeau to PAL Holders: No Firearms Confiscation Compensation for You

Buried deep inside Justin Trudeau’s 2023 Fall Economic Statement, there is a line item that confirms CSSA’s long-held position that the Trudeau government would not pay compensation to RCMP-vetted licensed firearms owners.

That line item, Advancing the Collection of Banned Assault-Style Firearms, shows an allocation of $27 million in 2023-24 and $62 million in 2024-25, but no money for actual compensation payments to licensed firearms owners.[i]

These amounts are allocated to Public Safety and the RCMP, with no explanation of how they will use this money.

What we know:

The May 1, 2020 Order in Council gun ban was entirely politically motivated. They sold it as a public safety measure to capitalize on the horror of the Nova Scotia mass murders.
The Nova Scotia mass murderer smuggled most of his guns into Canada from the United States, and stole the rest.
The National Police Federation (NFP), the union representing 20,000 RCMP members, called the Liberal narrative a lie, stating, “The narrative is that we need to restrict gun ownership because that will curtail crime, when really the evidence is that illegal gun trafficking leads to criminals owning guns, which leads to crimes with firearms.”[ii]
In July 2020, Public Safety issued an insulting list of proposed compensation prices for the firearms banned by the May 1, 2020, Order in Council.[iii]
On September 22, 2020, Public Safety cancelled a tender for contractors to develop a firearms confiscation compensation program after none of their hand-picked vendors submitted a proposal.
In December 2020, the Trudeau government hired International Business Machines Corp. (IBM) to design a system to confiscate firearms from firearms businesses and licensed firearms owners.
Public Safety continues to avoid provincial jurisdiction by attempting to strike deals with cities and their police forces.[iv]
The provinces of Saskatchewan and Alberta have both passed legislation that requires the federal government to respect provincial jurisdiction and pay compensation.
The Trudeau government’s own estimates of the cost of a firearms confiscation compensation scheme topped $1.8 billion in 2019[v] – and will be much higher today.

Justin Trudeau’s federal government is quick to blame RCMP-vetted firearms owners for the actions of drug dealers, violent criminals and gang members, but short on implementing measures that will actually protect Canadians.

“Justin Trudeau has given us the worst increase in crime in recorded history,” said Pierre Poilievre on December 6th, “a 100% increase in gun crime, the highest murder rate in 30 years.”[vi]

“Common sense Conservatives will bring in jail and not bail for repeat violent offenders; treatment not decriminalized and subsidized hard drugs; and we will reinforce our borders to keep illegal guns and drugs out rather than harassing the law-abiding, trained and tested RCMP-vetted lawful firearms owners.”

“We will protect the lawful people and put the real criminals in jail. Common sense,” Poilievre stated.

What we don’t know is a much shorter list.

Will the Trudeau government respect the Charter of Rights and Freedoms?
Will the Trudeau government respect the Supreme Court of Canada?
Will the Trudeau government pay compensation to the lawful owners of firearms that Trudeau banned during a moment of national tragedy?

All indications, including the government’s own fiscal updates, are that “NO!” is the answer to all three questions.

I recall the Brazilian 1908 Mauser specifically being on the list, and the Ruger #1, and the Weatherby Mark 5. I believe the latter 2 on the supposition that it's just a breeze to switch out a barrel, and that everyone is going to do it. Trulander being the crooked (and simple minded) dictator he is, has a fear of high energy guns,as he correlates the energy, with an anti material gun like the .50 BMG. Because of a few high profile kills and Hollyweird, his fear is being knocked off at a couple miles away by one.

There was some chin wagging about lever actions and pump actions with full length tube mags, but as I read it, the federal pinkos seemed way more concerned about semiautomatics, that *could* accept a regular size magazine, which in effect is nearly all of them...

Post subject: Re: 3
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:26 pm 

Rob27 wrote:
5dotrz wrote:
It is all about disarming the citizens so they become subjects.

The hard core anti-gun crusaders have already made up their minds that all guns are evil and anyone who wants one is a threat to society.

For the millions of others who have no opinion, the statement above makes it sound like the first group is correct.

My guns are not weapons that I hoard in gleefully anticipation of a violent revolution, they are sporting equipment that I use for my hobbies. I wish more people would see it that way.

I don't believe there's a statically significant number of people hoping, or planning for a revolution, but I can't trust a government that is so fearful, that they're trying to disarm the populace. The government should never have more power than the people. We're the masters, and employers; not the other way around.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:28 pm 

Nice guns Daryl! You and I appear to have similar tastes!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:43 pm 

This thread was started before the Gvt. withdrew the amendments that would make those rifles prohibited, was withdrawn.
At this time those are still withdrawn, however if you remember correctly, the government stated they would form a committee
to dictate to the government which of the guns listed in those 2 withdrawn amendments should be put back onto a Prohibited
list.
Oh yeah - the Westley Richards Single shot, falling block - likely a side lever, was an 1880 - 1895 era rifle. It could have been an
earlier 1876, or an 1897 with a Farquarson action but they did not specify - & NO - never chambered in a ctg. producing over 10,000
Joules, unlike the "custom" Ruger #1 was, thus the Ruger #1 single shot (all) was on the prohib list as well.