Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:04 pm 

tryed everything with this gun for some reason im getting low velcoity shots in the middle of shooting a mag or towards the end every 5th or 7th shot

565 569 575 589 530 485 550

drops almost 40 fps and you can hear it in the gun.....only thing i noticed is when the sear is engaged with the hammer...trying to move the hammer at all is extreamly tight when the guns not cocked the hammer move supper smooth and fast...i cant find or think of any thing else to fix this....wasted almost $50 on heavy pellets and had to fill my 4500 tank like 5 times.... none of my other guns do this on the chrony so i know its not the chrony

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:41 pm 

When the hammer is cocked it should only move back compressing the spring more that will be very tough to compress it more. Did you shoot the gun with the reg out? When you had the reg out did you polish each washer and test for burrs with a Qtip? Have you shot waiting 60 seconds between shots? When I placed a spacer on the back of a reg, I got strange readings as if the reg was opening a closing differently because of the larger plenum, but not like your shot string.

Robert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:24 pm 

i mean its a brand new altaros regulator i shouldnt have to do all that....and none of my other airguns you have to wait a whole minute between shots thats crazy.....im thinking a screw might be hitting the hammer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:53 am 

What screw? I just looked at the parts diagram there are only the 2 drag screws used for cocking in the hammer bore. A new reg does not mean it was made to perfection. Just as some reg have creep yours may have a hang that is created by a cooling effect of rushing air by too much or too lube in the reg. Waiting a minute between shots is to see if the reg hang is the issue. I lost just over 20 fps by over lubing the hammer.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:14 am 

maybe i have the hammer pin in upside down on one side of the hammer theres a square slot were the pin goes but it looks like that side is more groved for a sear it doesnt make sense and on the other side just a regular circle slot were the sear catchs...on the hammer and bolt theres a square side wich looks like its more groved i dont know....ill check the regulator