Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:29 pm 

And we wonder why the Gov. wants to round up our guns? :roll:

I'd really like to have concrete proof what is causing these nut cases to lash out at innocent people? I have my own theories why but am interested to hear other's views why.....

Story in the link!
https://news.sky.com/story/us-shooting- ... n-12992867

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:00 pm 

Quote:
WHO IS THE SUSPECT?

A police bulletin identified Robert Card, 40, as a person of interest in the attack. Card was described as a firearms instructor believed to be in the Army Reserve and assigned to a training facility in Saco, Maine.

The document, circulated to law enforcement officials, said Card had been committed to a mental health facility for two weeks in the summer of 2023. It did not provide details about his treatment or condition, but said Card had reported “hearing voices and threats to shoot up” the military base.

So RIGHT there, why was there not a round up of all his firearms?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:39 pm 

Just like my Fido voice message bot "I have nothing to tell you~ "....

Anyway they just want everyone surrender all their weapons to avoid anything like this happen again, or if they want to use violence and nobody can fight back. Personally speaking, I agree more to the later as if this is a political actions...

Before the new government built, they want everyone had weapons, more is better.... After the government built, they want the opposed...

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:08 pm 

Agreed, however, these news are telling people if you don't have a gun to protect yourself you might just get butchered like chicken...
So it actually may bring more people to buy guns and vests....

Finally get my PAL after 1 year waiting

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:27 pm 

I will say this; There are huge dollars being made for and against.....If I may be allowed to put my "tinfoil hat" on, truly, where does all this money collected end up? :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:25 pm 

WoodWelder wrote:
where does all this money collected end up? :wink:

Mar-a-Largo and Martha's Vineyard in the US, and for Canada, Montana and Quebec.

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:43 pm 

Quote:
What disqualifies you from owning a gun in Maine?
Under federal law, people are generally prohibited from purchasing or possessing firearms if they have been convicted of a felony or some domestic violence misdemeanors, or if they are subject to certain court orders related to domestic violence or a serious mental condition.

Quote:

Maine also prohibits possession of a firearm by anyone who has been:

Committed involuntarily to a hospital pursuant to an order of the District Court after a hearing because the person was found to present “a likelihood of serious harm,” as defined under Maine law;

So, if one voluntarily admits mental health issues and seeks help then that is okay? Does this make sense to anyone? Sounds like it's just easier to ban all guns than to actually enforce the laws in place. The Second Amendment is in jeopardy due to lack of law enforcement.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:33 pm 

I believe it is a manchureean Candidate.