Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Hello from Ontario
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:28 pm 

Hey all, my name is Luke. I just came across this site today and I'm happy to be here. I don't currently own any firearms but I'm looking to get into it, starting with a pellet gun and see where things go from there.

When I was a kid I used to "hunt" small game with a slingshot and my dad's old Slavia break barrel, wish I still had it. I enjoy the outdoors and animals, have been shooting with my Canon DSLR for years and I'm looking to add a little target practice to my spare time.

See you around.

Post subject: Re: Hello from Ontario
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:06 pm 

Welcome aboard!

Just enjoy your stay~ :)

I like the other kind of shooting too... But to be honest, I much more using my cellphone now... :(

Took the below photo (using my cellphone) a year ago when I heard Canon announced they stopped the researching, production and sales on DSLRs....

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:09 pm 

Welcome aboard Luke. lol for real?
Hope we don't be having a break-down in communication. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:14 pm 

Mark my words, you can't own just one air gun. Welcome - what part of Ontario are you in?

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:22 pm 

Welcome to the asylum! LOL

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:05 pm 

Cool Hand wrote:
Hey all, my name is Luke. I just came across this site today and I'm happy to be here. I don't currently own any firearms but I'm looking to get into it, starting with a pellet gun and see where things go from there.

When I was a kid I used to "hunt" small game with a slingshot and my dad's old Slavia break barrel, wish I still had it. I enjoy the outdoors and animals, have been shooting with my Canon DSLR for years and I'm looking to add a little target practice to my spare time.

See you around.

Someone is selling a Slavia 618 in the sales thread, if that happens to be what you started with. I still have mine, for ~65 years or I'd have bought that one for old times sake.

Webley Viscount .177
Kral Mega Marine Walnut .22
Artemis PP750 .22
FX Streamline .22 walnut
FX Streamline .22 composite
FX Dynamic 500 .22

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:25 pm 

Daryl wrote:
Welcome aboard Luke. lol for real?
Hope we don't be having a break-down in communication. :wink:

Yup, for real. Lol

I'm not great at coming up with screen names, and yes, I was actually named after Paul Newman's character, Cool Hand Luke. So it seemed fitting.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:36 pm 

My bro bought one of those with his paper route money, back in about 1958. He was 10, I was 8. He mostly seemed to busy to shoot it, but not me. Hunted squirrels
and pigeons with that rifle for 4 years, when I was given a .22 Ace for my birthday by my Uncle, a corporal in the RCMP. Also shot starlings, grackles, sparrows and chickadees with it.
Dad replaced the leather seal twice that I remember. All of my paper money went into pellets.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:10 pm 

Normk wrote:
Someone is selling a Slavia 618 in the sales thread, if that happens to be what you started with. I still have mine, for ~65 years or I'd have bought that one for old times sake.

Hey, thank you for bringing that to my attention. Being as I'm so new I'm unable to PM them my interest. Hopefully they see this and reach out if they can.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:26 am 

Luke check out the field target section. If your close enough to one of our ranges we would love to have you out to do some organized plinking with us. Right now for the winter we are inside at Burlington. This invite goes out to all who are interested in getting out for some fun. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:22 pm 

Cool Hand wrote:
Normk wrote:

Hey, thank you for bringing that to my attention. Being as I'm so new I'm unable to PM them my interest. Hopefully they see this and reach out if they can.

You can PM after 5 post you are good to go now