Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:44 pm 

Hi, does anyone know of a shooting range (25,50-100 yrds) that allows airguns to be shot there or one that's specific to airguns?
Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:10 pm 

Up North on Hwy 400 is the https://titsc.ca I have seen the longest BR is 50 meters.
Up North on Hwy 404 is the https://sharongunclub.com I have seen the 20-50-100 meters targets also I was allowed to shoot silhouettes at the 22LR range 100 yards.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:28 pm 

So far I have only found a few that will let you fire a air rifle . They do not except walk in customers so the only way to be allowed to shoot there is to become a member. Now membership is between $400 to $900 and you must have a valid Pal license and you have to take their safety courses which is a extra $$$$ and some have a wait list up to a year .
There are two in the gta they are around $50 a visit and your restricted to sub 500 fps and they are only 10 meters ranges.
Shooting Academy Canada Ltd
Longshots Shooting & Social
I haven't been to either one yet but this is what I have found . I would love to know where people are using their air guns it's a little boring to shoot in your basement. Every where else seams to be illegal!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:55 am 

Hey we shoot air guns at Port Colborne , Hamilton, Burlington, Kingston ON. Take a look in Field target section. cheers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:45 pm 

XxxHEMIxxx wrote:
So far I have only found a few that will let you fire a air rifle . They do not except walk in customers so the only way to be allowed to shoot there is to become a member. Now membership is between $400 to $900 and you must have a valid Pal license and you have to take their safety courses which is a extra $$$$ and some have a wait list up to a year .
There are two in the gta they are around $50 a visit and your restricted to sub 500 fps and they are only 10 meters ranges.
Shooting Academy Canada Ltd
Longshots Shooting & Social
I haven't been to either one yet but this is what I have found . I would love to know where people are using their air guns it's a little boring to shoot in your basement. Every where else seams to be illegal!

That pricing is outrageous, but then, I guess the taxes, etc,. are high there. Young members 18-24 here pay the same as seniors, $65.00 per year. Over 24 are $135.00 and families 2 adults and/or children up to 18 yrs. age, $145.00. our ranges run at the in-town range only to 200 meters but also have a 100 meter .22RF silhouette range where we also shoot air rifles, and 200yard range for rifle, 2 - handgun ranges to 25 yards with hanging steel, cowboy action range, a patterning board for shotguns as well as 4 trap houses, and a kilometer long black powder trail through the bush. Out of town range runs IPSC and a 1,400meter rifle range, with rails for CF silhouette competitions.
During the winter we shoot air rifle indoors, 10 meter as well as silhouette and 50' air rifle.
This membership includes a 3 million $ insurance policy for members at the range or shooting/fishing activities in the province and 5 million for directors.
Many of us do not realize just how GOOD we have it here. We have just over 2,000 members.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:08 pm 

Hi Daryl sound like a nice place. It funny though I don't know if people are scared to mention where they shoot or they don't shoot just collect air guns because of all the people in Ontario that have air guns you will only get one or two people respond to your question of where to shoot in Ontario.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:37 pm 

If he asked where to shoot in Niagara I would have jumped in, but he also left out a major point, whether he had a PAL or not. At the range I belong to, if you don't have a PAL then you must come as a guest, and then if the guest is shooting the PAL holder can not. If you don't know a member, you can come and shoot with a RO by appointment.

Robert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:00 pm 

The OP did mention Greater Toronto, wherever that is? North, East or West of TO?
Hamilton and Niagara are quite close. Of course, so are Brampton, Kingston and Waterloo.
Barrie is only, what, an hour North? Dorchester/London an Hour West. I grew up in Dorchester.
Is the Crumlin Gun club still operational?
I hunted, air rifle, then .22LR, 20 and 12 bore shotguns and several sizes in CF's on all the farms around Dorchester when growing up & until I moved West in 1972.
There is another club between London and Clinton, seems to me. A person could make a day of it and justify the trip and expense. I used to drive an hour just to fish for a day.
When hunting ground hogs, we were in the car all day, driving the concession roads, just North of Dorchester. ALL farmers wanted ground hogs taken out. We did as much as possible.
I had 2 local ones who would call me up to come out and shoot groundhogs if I hadn't been there for a week or more.
Maybe "those days" are behind us now?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:50 pm 

CBS shooter wrote:
Hey we shoot air guns at Port Colborne , Hamilton, Burlington, Kingston ON. Take a look in Field target section. cheers

Gonna check out that area of the forum. Thanks man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:33 pm 

If there would be a number of interested people ...maybe to rent a piece of non farmable land? Because so far nothing dedicated is North along 400 or 404 ...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:36 pm 

I would be interested.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:39 pm 

A "field" will belong to someone. Talk to the land owner and ask permission, simple and easy. Tell the owner you will not leave a mess.
Whatever you take in, you take out. 8) aside from pellets, of course.