Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:59 pm 

For more than a year now I have been running my Fusion II on Hpa with a tank converted from a 4500 Psi 8 inch long filter. https://www.airgunforum.ca/forums/topic91365.html?hilit=%20Fusion I found on AEx a new tank close to what I had made but with a fill port and end gauge. The other end is machined with a 18m thread. The old tank is the top one.
Attachment:
HPA Con (Medium).jpg
HPA Con (Medium).jpg [ 210.88 KiB | Viewed 212 times ]
I was able to remove both the fill foster and the Gauge and plug them with flush mount NPT plugs. The reg is my 4500 psi reg from my gauntlet tank. The gun has been pressurized for a couple of weeks now, without loss, so I am calling this a success. The part is no longer available, but here is the link. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005645053494.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.63.30501802I23tnv

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:40 pm 

Wow great job . CO2 is one of the only reasons I wouldn't look at getting a fusion 2 but you look like you solved that problem.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:12 am 

By Christmas of last year I was getting to the bottom of my second tin off 500 pellets for the year, used on rats. With the gun being made mostly of plastic, I can have it out in the drizzle for hours with no worries. I find it be very efficient, 81 shot out of a fill at 4500 psi with a tank of only 90cc at 14.5 fpe.

Robert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:44 am 

McRobert wrote:
For more than a year now I have been running my Fusion II on Hpa with a tank converted from a 4500 Psi 8 inch long filter. https://www.airgunforum.ca/forums/topic91365.html?hilit=%20Fusion I found on AEx a new tank close to what I had made but with a fill port and end gauge. The other end is machined with a 18m thread. The old tank is the top one.
Attachment:
HPA Con (Medium).jpg
I was able to remove both the fill foster and the Gauge and plug them with flush mount NPT plugs. The reg is my 4500 psi reg from my gauntlet tank. The gun has been pressurized for a couple of weeks now, without loss, so I am calling this a success. The part is no longer available, but here is the link. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005645053494.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.63.30501802I23tnv

I missed your original post back in 2022 :oops:
Good work! I also prefer HPA to CO2 but generally end up making a tethered setup, this type of conversion looks very suitable for QB78 and possibly 22xx types - some adapter blocks would be needed for the air tube connection.
Your version 2 I can see the advantage is that you don't need to modify the stock; but I imagine the old and new would function basically the same. I have had generally good luck with parts from AX and in recent times shipping speed has been very good, less than 2 weeks delivery on most items.

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum