Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 11:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:01 pm 

Decided to give it a try to see how it would look like.

Note: The grips are fitted on the 2009 version.

Attachments:
makarov3.jpg
makarov3.jpg [ 43.94 KiB | Viewed 4777 times ]
File comment: Comparing it with a 2004 version (left)
makarov2.jpg
makarov2.jpg [ 61.4 KiB | Viewed 4777 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:25 pm 

Where did you get the grips? I NEED THEM! :)

I know where to buy the red hard plastic grips but do they fit on the thicker MP-654 frame?

picture:
http://www.cdsehrenreich.de/zubehoer/im ... v-russ.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:44 am 

CunnyFunt wrote:
Where did you get the grips? I NEED THEM! :)

I know where to buy the red hard plastic grips but do they fit on the thicker MP-654 frame?

picture:
http://www.cdsehrenreich.de/zubehoer/im ... v-russ.jpg

I bought the grips on eBay. To be more specific, I asked a friend to buy it for me since I do not have a PayPal.

The grips will fit although you will need to grind down part of the frame and the grips slightly so that they can fit on the PMM frame. With me however, I just did the grips without touching the frame as I still want to be able to put back the original PMM grips and in addition to be able to use Pearce grips. There's a website which shows this, and in addition on how to turn the MP-654K into an old school PM.

http://natsuki.nm.ru/mr654k/mp654k_fix_up_tune.htm (Site is in Russian.)

8)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:08 pm 

Hi MysteryGuy111 ,
I think you need one of this screw to make your Makarov looks real !! :D

Attachments:
20110311_9653585260b8ed497a85yNlVLiq5DIAQ.jpg
20110311_9653585260b8ed497a85yNlVLiq5DIAQ.jpg [ 69.79 KiB | Viewed 4629 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:24 pm 

[size=150]Hi MysteryGuy111 ,
I know there are different Makarov in the real gun market, there are Russian mak, Chinese mak,Bulrarian mak and German mak. I really want that red star grip for my MP 654k too. Could you please tell me which Makarov is your red star grip from ? Thanks !!! :D
Cedric
[/size]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:32 am 

kax888 wrote:
Hi MysteryGuy111 ,
I know there are different Makarov in the real gun market, there are Russian mak, Chinese mak,Bulrarian mak and German mak. I really want that red star grip for my MP 654k too. Could you please tell me which Makarov is your red star grip from ? Thanks !!! :D
Cedric

:shock: ?????

The grips are for a Bulgarian Makarov.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:57 pm 

Hi MysteryGuy111,
Did you just grind down part of the grips only ? You didn't grind the frame ? I ask because I don't have any tools to deal with metal. Grinding the plastic grips is ok for me. Thank you in advance.
Regards,
Cedric

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:25 am 

kax888 wrote:
Did you just grind down part of the grips only?
Yes!

You didn't grind the frame ?
No! I still want to be able to put back the original PMM grips.

I ask because I don't have any tools to deal with metal. Grinding the plastic grips is ok for me.
You will still need to grind metal but luckily it's malleable. The grips has 2 soft metal plates inside. One on the hole for the grip screw and the other one slightly above it. You will need to remove the one located on the grip screw hole as you also need to file the back part inside so that the frame can fit in completely. The website that I provided on the post explains those alterations. Please read it carefully, and use Google Translate to translate the page.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:10 pm 

MysteryGuy111 wrote:
kax888 wrote:
Did you just grind down part of the grips only?
Yes!

You didn't grind the frame ?
No! I still want to be able to put back the original PMM grips.

I ask because I don't have any tools to deal with metal. Grinding the plastic grips is ok for me.
You will still need to grind metal but luckily it's malleable. The grips has 2 soft metal plates inside. One on the hole for the grip screw and the other one slightly above it. You will need to remove the one located on the grip screw hole as you also need to file the back part inside so that the frame can fit in completely. The website that I provided on the post explains those alterations. Please read it carefully, and use Google Translate to translate the page.

Hey brother,
Thanks for your reply.
I hope it is easy to work with. As you know, I am no good at tools work. :roll:
Btw, do you find it difficult to pull back the slide of your mak ? That is why other than I have replaced the co2 screw to make it looks better, I have also replaced the original spring with a weaker spring. That makes it easier to slide and take the pistol apart !! :idea:
Regards,
Cedric

Also, for the original grip, what is "PMM" stands for ? Thanks !!

Attachments:
20110322_eea89ea9f8a845d54467I3JB53mbfZ52.jpg
20110322_eea89ea9f8a845d54467I3JB53mbfZ52.jpg [ 65.06 KiB | Viewed 4404 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:30 am 

kax888 wrote:
Do you find it difficult to pull back the slide of your mak ? At first with the 2004 version (since that is the first one I got), but after a while it becomes easy to rack the slide.

I have also replaced the original spring with a weaker spring. The new Baikal Makarovs that are in current production now have shorter springs. My 2009 version has the shorter one while my 2004 version still has the original PMM spring.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N57F1Rfc5wM

Also, for the original grip, what is "PMM" stands for ? Pistol Makarov Modernized.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIvyVd6Xd5M

One additional note about the CO2 screw, I recently replaced them with flushed ones.
http://www.replicaairguns.com/posts/201 ... screw.html

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:55 pm 

...I have also replaced the original spring with a weaker spring. That makes it easier to slide and take the pistol apart !! :idea:
Regards,
Cedric

Hi Cedris , where did you get your barrel spring for the Makarov ?

Did you still have the stronger one ? I might be interested to replace my Walther ppks spring...

Let me know :)