Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Suggestions
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:58 pm 
Site Moderator

I was just surfing the large British airgun forum (BBS Forum) and noticed a few things that might improve our little communittee. Maybe we could squish all our airgun information into ONE box/catagory, rather than FOUR boxes for different brands. The Brits have a lot more traffic than we do and they seem to have one main discussion box for airgun chat. Our first catagory seems to be getting all the action anyway.

A section for Powder Burners might be another idea.

The Brit forum can be seen at http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/

These are only suggestions. I plan to hang around even if my ideas die at this posting. It's not my sandbox :D

Thanks,
Todd

Post subject: Also
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:06 am 
Site Moderator

If I have something to post I will likely put it under "General Airgun Chat" no matter what airguns(s) are involved. What if I am comparing a Diana and Crosman or Chinese... which catagory? Rene also had a good point about manufacturers versus importers. Beeman is American but their airguns are often German or Spanish or British made. It's just easier and more convenient to keep one box/catagory for all airgun chat, IMHO.

Todd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:05 pm 
Site Moderator

Hi Rene,

Bill has a pretty good list on his AirgunInfo web site
http://airguninfo.westexas.net/models.htm

The list should keep growing but I'm not sure how updated it is right now. There might be some stuff missing. Beeman seems to be adding lower priced stuff to their selection to compete with Crosman/Daisy. Beeman/Chinese and Beeman/Spanish are a couple of examples.

We sometimes see the Ruko/Gamo stuff up here in Canada. Ruko is an importer, like Beeman and RWS.

HTH,
Todd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:38 pm 

OK....here's your chance to vote on this matter:

http://www.airgunforum.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=103

democracy in action!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:25 pm 
Admin-2-IC

here is another forum I've been visiting since a year and half.

www.airgunforum.net