Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: Oil!!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:41 pm 

ABshooter wrote:
XtremeEuph wrote:
Hey everybody new to here and airgunning, just got myself a 781 crosman (yeah yeah i know it probably crappy to you but I think its a lot of fun) Nope, I love my lil 781. Anyway, I understand this has probably been asked a billion times and I ask for your forgiveness Ic ouldnt find an answer. What Retailers can I buy Pellgun Oil from for my gun, I cant get it from the store i got the gun from. Both Canadian Tire and Wally World should sell it. If not, what other oils work just as well that wont wreck my gun. You can also use SAE W30 Non- Detergent Motor Oil. Does wal-mart have this stuff. Yeh. O yeah and just to clarify , I understand shooting the rod from a Q tip through my .177 caliber gun will clean up the barrel just fine? That should work, but I would rather push a wad or cotton/Kleenex through the barrel wuith a long thin dowel. Thanks alot for the responses and help because i have already shot at least 300 rounds with no re-lubrication. EEK Pfft, no big deal, crosman guns always have lube in them already.

BTW: Welcome to the forum brother, you seem like a moderatly intelligent person!! Enjoy your stay.

:::edited by Rob::: Zak....if you ever answer like that again...you'll be grounded!!!! :roll:

WHY?? Its easier to remember all his questions if I do it this way... What's your problem?

Hey, don't hate. It releases negative energy, which is bad for everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:05 pm 

Haha anyway....found out that oil was NOT from the gun. I had a brand new bottle of Piston Oil (for trumpets etc) lying around and a ricochet pierced right through the center of it. A funny thing I heard from a friend of a friend: They mentioned that Crisco cooking oil worked well on there gun...wtf eh lol. I guess it is close to mineral oil and its natural- non petro based. (like the stuff I happened to use ).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:44 pm 

Check your PM's XtremeEuph. :wink: