Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:44 pm 

I will do repairs for your non pal airguns. I will repair springers, pumpers and some C02 airguns. PCP airguns are out of the question as I have limited knowledge on these types of airguns and most of them require a PAL anyway. I do not make custom springs or custom spring guides as of yet. I may get into machining custom guides if enough people are interesting in my repairs. If you would like a tune kit installed in your air gun you will have to order it from elsewhere and send it along with your AG for me to install. Or I can order it for you. A payment of $40.00 is required for every airgun. Labour, parts and shipping costs will be extra . Your airgun will be shipped back to you with a write up of what has been done to it. As well as the old parts so you can see exactly what I changed. Please don't hesitate to give me a try.:D If you have any questions please PM me.

Last edited by RM422 on Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:15 pm 

First 3 people who try me only have to pay a $30.00 flat fee for there airgun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:46 pm 

flat fee eh? so for 30$ we get our airgun shipped to you fixed or tuned, tune kit included, shipped back...all for 30$? hmmm :wink: 8)

http://thecanadianhuntingforums.myfreef ... /index.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:59 am 

The first 3 people who try me will pay $30.00 for me to look at their airgun. Labour charges are extra depending on what is being done. Parts costs and shipping costs are also additional. so to make myself clear here is an example. These are not actual costs. $30.00 to bring your airgun to me for say $10.00 labour, $10.00 for parts and $20.00 for shipping so the total would be $50.00. But remember $30.00 for the first 3 people only. $40.00 for any one after the first 3 people.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:01 pm 

RM422 wrote:
A payment of $40.00 is required for every airgun. Labour, parts and shipping costs will be extra .

I'm a bit unclear as to the $40.00 charge, up and above the labour charge. Should the $40.00 not cover the labour of disassembling and reassembling the gun? Where does the extra labour charge come in? The parts being an extra charge is understandable in some instances, but often "flat rate" charges would include obviously necessary (disposable) parts, such as o-rings, when repairing a pneumatic or CO2 airgun. Replacement of any non-disposable parts would obviously be an upcharge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:52 am 

Did I not have a post here :?: Because I just recieved an E-mail saying I was watching this post because of a reply I put up. Just wondering thats all guy's :?: But working on Airguns can be abit tricky if one doesn't have the proper Equipment on hand ie: A proper Spring Compressor etc etc. It all depends on the preload of the spring in it, or taking it out for instance...

KM... :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:50 pm 

Quote:
RM422

Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:59 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first 3 people who try me will pay $30.00 for me to look at their airgun. ....

I'm willing to look at your airguns for only $20 each!
Please post high-res pictures of your airguns in the Airgun Gallery section and make the cheques payable to MiltonBradly....

(Sorry, I couldn't resist)
MB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:21 am 

Here let me re-state this. It will be $40.00 for me to repair your airgun and parts costs will extra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:18 pm 

Hey MiltonBradly,
Your response has to be the funniest :lol: posts (sincerely) I have EVER READ!
I can't stop laughing at this, I laugh in the car, I laugh at dinner, and send this thread to all my friends so they can laugh too!
Thank you so much !!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:25 am 

It's been almost 3 years now, and I STILL find myself thinking and laughing about MB's reply - Thanks again MB! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:07 am 

I get it. It's like this HP/Compaq laptop repair centre I used to work at. Regardless of the problem associated with the laptop, if we ever open one up, it will be a flat $100 charge.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:13 am 

It's a 2007 thread.... let it go already.... :roll:

Bob

Proud Member of the 2000+fps Club!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:04 pm 

zeus wrote:
It's been almost 3 years now, and I STILL find myself thinking and laughing about MB's reply - Thanks again MB! :lol:

The only explanation I can up with for this behavior.....[[[[[[[LSD]]]]]]]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:20 am 

Even 7 Years later - Still hilarious! :lol: