Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:44 pm 

How do you urban shooters get your long guns to the car without giving out that it’s a gun?

I live in a urban area with 1/3 of my neighbours being college students. Rest are immigrants and low income families… I don’t want to advertise that I’m a gun owner; the last thing I need is getting robbed. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:52 pm 

8) Buy a used guitar case frome your local pawn shop or music store 8) The Fender or Ibanez guitar cases are the best,because they are rectangular and you can fit 3 scoped rifles in them.A keyboard case also works fine,but they are more expensive.Walter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:03 pm 

box of roses terminator style 8)

no seriously, a locking instrument case is much better
Also thinking buy a used instrument case (rather than new) in good condition to make others think all you have is some old crappy guitar inside the worn case.
the twinmaster desperado comes in a guitar case too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:36 pm 

No matter what you put them in, the "jig" is up when you walk out the door. So rather than a large rifle case, you go out with a musical intrument case that tips them off that you have guitars (or what ever) in your place to steal. You just can't win. Although a lot more expensive than a soft, traditional case, you might look at the rectangular cases that have wheels on them. For some reason, they look less like a rifle cast than one that is shaped to carry a scoped rifle (bowed out on the top. Past that, get a much shorter case and remove the stock from the action to keep the length under what people associate with a rifle. One last thing, remove any sticker that indicates that it is a rifle case. Plano cases sometimes have them, and maybe a few others. We already know that it is a "Double Rifle Case", so there is no point removing all doubt with the general public. Last resort, move, if the neighborhood is becoming less and less to your liking.

When you are long winded, is that a sign of Wisdom or Old Age?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:12 pm 

"Don't want to get robbed."......think you may have it backwards?
I know a guy who lives in a liberal infested GTA snobbery.....someone called the cops because he was loading a "machine gun" into his car. The persuant outrage had all of his neighbours saying "We don't need guns here! What do you need guns for?"

He had a sign put up on his front lawn:

Quote:
ATTENTION CRIMINALS:

I AM A SKILLED CANADIAN GUN OWNER.

(but all of my neighbours hate guns)

Think about it!

I say make SURE the neighbours see 'em.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:28 pm 
Admin-2-IC

hotsky wrote:
How do you urban shooters get your long guns to the car without giving out that it’s a gun?

I live in a urban area with 1/3 of my neighbours being college students. Rest are immigrants and low income families… I don’t want to advertise that I’m a gun owner; the last thing I need is getting robbed. :?

make a cheap looking wooden case, guitar case sounds good too ...
how about hide it in your long black leather trench coat ... lol ....

SO who do you think would robbed your guns, the students ?, the
imigrants ? OR the low income families ????

I used to think the thiefs and robbers that would rob ......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:33 pm 

I agree with Wrong Way 100% :!: Who cares, and why would you even let that bother you ? I've bought a gun from a shop, and walked home with it before. And no-one was following me neither :? Just put it into your Trunk, and make sure there locked up, and if your carrying Ammo, put it in your Front Seat so there separated... :wink:

Mike... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:10 pm 

Quote:
SO who do you think would robbed your guns, the students ?, the
imigrants ? OR the low income families ????
hell could be anyone...

Look I have nothing against anyone; I wasn't born in Canada myself, and I'm not that rich (otherwise I wouldn't live there :lol: )

I don't care about what my neighbours think…But there’s been increased number of break-ins and shootings in the city, just don’t see the point of attracting extra attention. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:15 pm 

only one problem with advertising you have anything of value, as my uncle will attest having suffered numerous break in's related to his tools (siding sub-contractor).

the f-ck-rs will find out your phone number, call and hang up until they're sure your not home! or the indigent, jobless scum in the rental two doors down will watch your home until you leave for work and then come over to shop until you drop (a load after finding out how much they stole).

if you're in a bad 'hood keep the valuables out of sight and move out as quickly as possible, but in a snobbish 'hood with good patrols, security systems, wealthy, employed neighbours by all means put up a sign!!! :twisted:

Wrong Way wrote:
He had a sign put up on his front lawn:

Quote:
ATTENTION CRIMINALS:

I AM A SKILLED CANADIAN GUN OWNER.

(but all of my neighbours hate guns)

Think about it!

I say make SURE the neighbours see 'em.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:27 am 

how about a large piece of black abs pipe? put a screw on cap at both ends

http://thecanadianhuntingforums.myfreef ... /index.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:54 am 

How about a rectangular gun case? The don't draw as much attention as the gun shaped variety......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:08 am 

darrel.h wrote:
How about a rectangular gun case? The don't draw as much attention as the gun shaped variety......

Already mentioned.

Now, heir, by the time you get one big enough to carry most scoped guns, with padding, it will become a very large unit and putting the rifle in and out of such a case would become difficult without damaging the cushioned lining. However, there are some camera tripod cases that would work, but the longest ones I know of are 42".

When you are long winded, is that a sign of Wisdom or Old Age?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:14 am 

Keyrigger wrote:
darrel.h wrote:

Already mentioned.

Oupps. sorry.... Look in your local military surplus store.... I have seen a few rocket launcher cases......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:31 am 

:oops: i forgot about the scope

http://thecanadianhuntingforums.myfreef ... /index.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:05 am 

i used to put my guns in my soft guitar case... Airgun... if i was ever going to shoot at a friends. walk down the street and no one was the wiser