Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Maybe..
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:06 am 

Gunrunner wrote:
Maybe to you it is .... but for us that have the Quest and enjoy modding it and believe me there is more to it then just drop a new piston in it from a 1000.. how about another 100 fps on top of what a stock Quest 1000 does ..

Thanks for your imput. ..

Gunrunner 8)

Gunrunner, I have been tossing around buying one of the Quest 500s.
So you rec'd them and had no trouble getting it to perform?
This I am very interested in. A couple years ago I tried the Crosman Mendoza 422. It was a nice little gun but gutless beyond imagination.
All it would do was 350fps. I returned it as Walmart has a great policy.
Our local shop has a Quest and if you can help me along I think I will pick it up.
Still ponder converting to .22 but that can happen later.
Thanks for the post.
Walter....
BTW, you are correct, we were all newbies once :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:48 am 
Admin-2-IC

perrypan wrote:
It's an old topic. U can mod a Q500 to Q1000 easily by ordering a Q1000 piston from CrosmanCanada. However, it is ur choice to register the gun or not.

I think ( I might be wrong ) the new law stated since jan 2003, you can not registered anymore guns that has not been registered before as a firearm. Such firearm can be used as parts or must be destroyed.
I guess this means that you can not mod a gun and register it, I hope somebody can clearify this, anyone here mod a gun and actually register it ..... ?.......

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:50 am 

Its a great gun for the money .. and belive me I'd put mine up against any of the high priced break barrels .. I tried every place to get a B-19 barrel for it .. impossible right now but maybe a B-2 barrel might fit .. in the works of finding that out right now ..
if you want to get in touch with me .. I be more than happy to suggest the things you can do To a Quest 500 to make it 1 sweet magnum rifle ..send me your email..

Gunrunner 8)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:12 pm 
Site Admin

Gunrunner wrote:
Its a great gun for the money .. and belive me I'd put mine up against any of the high priced break barrels .. I tried every place to get a B-19 barrel for it .. impossible right now but maybe a B-2 barrel might fit .. in the works of finding that out right now ..
if you want to get in touch with me .. I be more than happy to suggest the things you can do To a Quest 500 to make it 1 sweet magnum rifle ..send me your email..

Gunrunner 8)

I could measure the outer diameter of a b2 .22 barrel if you like. lemme kno!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:34 pm 

Gunrunner wrote:

Gunrunner 8)

picked one up so hoping for hints.....

Post subject: B-2 barrel ..
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:16 am 

Need to know how it fit together in the breech where the barrel screw lines up with the breech .. can only do that if you have the 2 guns together to compare. hopefully I hear back from the other party whether it can be done or not .. but thanks .. and if you have both guns .. then you already know the answer so pass it along ..

Gunrunner 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:28 pm 

Picked up that Quest 500. I am impressed with the quality of the metal work, the clean polished piston cylinder. The accuracy is very good at 10m was able to stack pellets when I did my part.
Chronys at 470fps at present. Am looking forward to optimizing this little gun.
Is anyone aware of a European model similar to this? I'm wondering if a different spring would do something for it? Like a JM spring?
Take care,
Walter....
BTW anyone have a pic of a B2?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:24 pm 
Site Admin

Why is canadian tire such a thief when it comes to airguns... crosman quest is 200 bucks when anywhere else its around 120 bucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:25 pm 

CT sells Quest with scope for $200 though, so they are not exactly the same thing. However, it is still way too expensive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:06 pm 

Well let's buy from the US.....
$110us * 1.25 exchange + 10%duty + brokerage and postal
That will get you to near $200can.
Canadian tire...... walk in and out done.
I bought mine at our small town local gunshop... $149.97
Glad I got it, actually really glad to have picked up this little rifle.
Gotta shoot it some more in the daylight.
Cheers,
Walter....
BTW thanks Gunrunner!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:02 am 
Admin-2-IC

webstien wrote:
Why is canadian tire such a thief when it comes to airguns... crosman quest is 200 bucks when anywhere else its around 120 bucks.

D&L is selling it for 125 but no scope.

CT comes with the scope also hassle free return or replacement.

Warranty This product carries a 1-year replacement warranty against manufacturing defects in workmanship and materials. Proof of purchase required. Crosman 1-800-724-7486.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:31 am 
Site Admin

oops, didn't notice that it came with a scope.... i wonder if that scope can hold up to the recoil though....

sniper wrote:
webstien wrote:

D&L is selling it for 125 but no scope.

CT comes with the scope also hassle free return or replacement.

Warranty This product carries a 1-year replacement warranty against manufacturing defects in workmanship and materials. Proof of purchase required. Crosman 1-800-724-7486.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:41 am 
Admin-2-IC

webstien wrote:
oops, didn't notice that it came with a scope.... i wonder if that scope can hold up to the recoil though....

At 495fps and less, alot of scopes can hold up the recoil without any problem but once it's modded ...... the lense probably would shattered....lol...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:52 pm 
Banned

I was just wondering if anyone measured the transfer port size on a quest 500x and a quest 1000x , I wonder if that is an area of restriction.

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:22 pm 

airbuddy3 wrote:
I was just wondering if anyone measured the transfer port size on a quest 500x and a quest 1000x , I wonder if that is an area of restriction.

Frank

My understanding of springers they need a restrictive port to make power, control piston so it won't slam into the end of the compression chamber, not the place to change IMHO.
The port on my Quest 500 is 0.125" diameter. 1000 should be the same
Walter...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next