Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: 2260 review
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:24 pm 

I have to admit I have heard many bad things about this gun before I tried one.Bent barrels;too much plastic;crappy sights, etc.It took a lot of courage to purchase one after all that.Here's my review: first observations : nice woodwork, very light to carry; rear sight is too far back for my liking; plastic trigger looks cheap and wierd.110.00 dollars [tax included]later from Specialty shooting sports, I took it home.Popped a powerlet into it after cleaning the barrel with 'goo gone.'It was raining in Surrey BC so I decided to shoot in my indoor 10 meter range.Suprise suprise: This gun is a treat to shoot.Light responsive trigger.Feels like about 3.5 pounds.Prefered the peep sight, over the notch.Fired 37 pellets[Crosman Premier Hollow ponts] about 5 seconds apart.Image This was shot freehand without too much careful aiming.The fliers were mainly the "sighting in," shots.Most were in the same '1/2 inch hole.'37 shots were on the powerlet, until power dropped off considerably. Estimated 25 to 30 full power shots, if the powerlet can warm up, between shots.With the 2260's diminutive size and weight, and good, if not great ,accuracy , it makes a great little plinking gun.It's report is on the quiet side, and much quieter than it's little sister ,the '2240.'Lack of recoil ,and light weight, makes for a comfortable ,PAL rated[550 fps], plinking experience. The under 100 dollar [before tax ]price tag makes it easy on the wallet. Image Just fired off 5 shots at the 20 meter outdoor range.4 plastic bowling pins knocked down, with pellets stuck in them; one orange rws 'Hobby" pellet container[empty of course], with a hole through the centre.Will try some more shooting tomorrow.This is Thursday April 26 ,and I've done some more 20 yard plinking.On close examination, the polyetheline bowling pins, have holes right through them.These are not light weight pins.Quite thick, and very strong.My "Crosman 1377c," with 8 pumps, barely puts a dent into them. This 2260, has some real punch.Knocks the bowling pins down smartly and leaves a big hole.

Last edited by Airgunfunds on Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:36 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:03 pm 

I would imagine that the 2240 (Modded a bit) would be an alternative for people not really looking for a PAL rated rifle, but good Review.

How many FPE does that thing Dish out?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:09 pm 

I use the same gopher target as you. But what a waste of printer ink, mine are all black&white :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:49 pm 

Novan:I buy ink for 5.99 a cartrige so I shoot my gophers in colour. DannyDoo: I bought a 2240 at the same time, and it is no where near as nice shooting ,out of the box.It does need modding, and that is what I intend to do.Trigger, breech and the whole nine yards.2260 is nice right out of the box, if you can ignore the plastic.It shoots about 550 fps.They should of detuned it ,down a notch, for the non- 'PAL'ers out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:32 pm 

Yeah, that way i could get one!

But i still have my fingers crossed for a Semi auto .22 to come out sooner or later :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:42 pm 

You probably mean a repeating .22 ....you could pick up a de-tuned HW100 from D&L, but price could be an issue.