Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: crosman steel breech
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:08 pm 

would anyone like to give a short review on the crosman breech?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:22 pm 

I would like to know the difference between the short and long steel breeches.Is the long one better for a scope?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:29 pm 

ithink the long one is for the rifles and the short one is for the pistols....i sure hope the one i ordered is a long one lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:30 pm 

I had a long one on my 2240 but without sights because I haven't yet found a rear site that will fit it. I'm not really interested in using a scope. I found it made the gun quieter, maybe just my imagination, also it stiffens the barrel area up a lot. Workmanship was topnotch and it functions very well, also the bolt handle unscrews so that you can remove it really easy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:22 am 

Would anyone be able to post both part #'s for the Short and the Long Breech kits?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:33 am 

^ You can't order the short breech kit in Canada.

Or the U.S. either I think, I think you can only order it with a Custom Shop gun...but don't quote me on that last part. It's intended for use with an open rear sight. Since you can get the long breech similarly styled, I just don't see the point of the short breech but whatever...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:20 pm 

well thats good cuz id much rather have the long one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:29 pm 

You can order the short from a guy that owns a shop in the USA, very simply...

Mike... :wink:

Post subject: CR steel breech
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:50 pm 

Put one on my 2289, great except that the retaining screw hole is a little deep and the pellet sometimes hangs but just read about putting a drop of candle wax in it and it seems to work. Also remember to cut a few threads off the rear retaining screw or it will hit the hammer spring.
Try D&L for parts at http://www.dlairgun.com/home.htm

Grandpa fixit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:01 am 

Actually, I may have been wrong in what I had said above, maybe. But they can be bought from a guy I do know. But I have two sets right now I'm looking at that are "BRAND NEW". There 6-1/4" inches long. The only diff between them is one can mount that original rear site set-up, and will also handle the scope too. I will be putting up a post in the 4Sale Section today sometime... :)

KM... :idea:

Post subject: Re: crosman steel breech
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:33 pm 

I installed one on an older model 1377 that had the crappy plastic breech and sheet metal slide bolt. The bolt would open when fired and the accuracy was terrible. Put it away for a few years as it wasn’t worth shooting. Came across the steel breech option so I gave it a try. Had to replace the barrel as mine wouldn’t fit the new breech. Gun is much safer to shoot now as well as being accurate. Looks a lot better too.