Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:18 am 

First here we have a stock out of the box Canadian hunter D18 177 cal break barrel rifle..

Now for the modded gun..
on the back of the stock i have 3 broze buttons to make up a floating recoil pad the middle one has some notches on it as this one is one that will unscrew from the gun to reviel a hidding compartment where you can store approx 100 rounds of pellets in, the inner tube inside the stock is aluim where as the out side is bronze..
ok next mod we chopped off 7 inches of barrel and left 10 inchs and no speed lose at all,, and added on a Brass Muzzle brake .

next is the tasco scope its a 3x9x32mm wiht micro click windage and elevation controls..the medialion on the right side of the back of the stock is made of broze and though is not clear it says K&S Custom airguns 2007 on it...
now more on the stock the cuved area where one would place the hand had just over an inch removed form this area allowing more room even for shooters with small hands can now grasp the gun with ease as well.. i took off the factory finish and stained it with Cabernet stain and then used automotive clear coat for the finel finish on it . the trigger guard was also replaced and i made a trigger guard from Brass ..
the gun groups very well and speed is in the 490's cocking effort is also been reduced to about 8 lbs thus the trigger is also lighter as well...
all mods where done by me personlay and all parts also made by me as well..

thank you
Kevin Millard
K&S Cutom airguns AKA K&S airguns

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:37 pm 

excellent job, it's a work of art!

Jonathan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:19 pm 

No way man did you put pellets into the stock with some sort of metal contaner? man thats awsome very creative thinking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:47 pm 

:D i made a tube on my lathe that fits in the stock and its threaded as you see in the pics also its airtight and water tight as well ,, you can put anything you want in side the tube i store pellets in mine but you can also pop in an spare ciggerette or colts cigar etc etc etc .. i got the idea form a kubaton key chain i made thats hollow inside. i hate going out to the bush with a pocket full of pellets and wanted a better way to carry them, i had already made the kubaton hollow and that was ok but i wanted to intergrate this idea where it was better usfull so i modded the stock and made a hollow tube thats completley sealed not even dust from the wood can get in as the tube is sealed and both ends ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:36 am 

Good idea Kevin, also that's a nice (I hate to say it) blingy *winces* gun you got, for some reason I like the brass.

Hey, don't hate. It releases negative energy, which is bad for everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:59 am 

thanks man and the muzzle brake its brass the trigger guard is brass and the rest is bronze other then the tube inside the stock its aluim but its cover is bronze

talk again soon
kevin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:11 pm 

Bronze!! Really. Neato, how hard was it to work with? Like softness.

Hey, don't hate. It releases negative energy, which is bad for everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:37 pm 

its just as easy as brass to me i gota big machine so i dont worry to much the Stainless steel is the hardest stuff i have done so far and its hard on the tools and the wallet when the tools break

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:38 pm 
Supporting Members

"You put your weeeeeeeed in it" quoted from SNL

Great looking gun as usual from Kevin. Im sure some would like a larger tube...........say about a pints worth :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:15 pm 

give me time notec iam sure ill make something cooooooler hehehehehehehe

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:15 pm 
Supporting Members

Well if you ran a co2 line through the stock it would keep the "beverage" nice and cool :lol: