Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:09 am 

What do you all think of this? Think it will work? BTW I want it to shoot .68 caliber paintballs at about 200-250 fps. Also, what pressure am I gonna have to get the 7"x2" compression chamber up to (PSI) before it fires a .68 cal. paint ball at 200-250 fps????

Hey, don't hate. It releases negative energy, which is bad for everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:14 pm 

do you load the paintball in the muzzle? like a muzzle loader? i dont see where you load it, als you would have to find a way to open the trigger valve very fast, probably faster that you can do it by hand. and isnt it only gonna be one shot per fill? you will dump all the air to shoot one ball. I think this is exactly what you are trying to do:
http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/cannon/air_gun.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:08 pm 

Sorry, I guess I wasn't very explanitory. Here's what you do: close the ball valve (the "trigger") hitch a aircompressor up to the fill valve, chug, chug, chug, it's got compressed air in the storage tank. Then drop a paintball down the barrel, aim at your target, and open the ball valve. The rush of escaping air blasts the the paintball at your target's head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:28 pm 

yep, thats exactly what the guy in that link did, only he was shooting marbles. go to the link that i posted in my previous post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:27 am 

Okay, cool, so I know it will work, but what pressure will have to get the 7"x2" tube up to to shoot a .68 cal. paintball 200-250 fps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:53 pm 

i built one of these a while ago when i worked at the scrap yard. used a 1" x 4 foot barrel, air chamber was pretty big, maybe 4" x 8". using shop air (about 125 psi) i would fire a 1" steel bearing thru a 2x4 at 40 yards. it was fast... prolly around 300 fps anyhow.

just experiment. asking how fast and how much pressure to use is kinda dumb... sorry, but hows anyone supposed to know? buy a book on physics if you wanna find out first, that would be on way :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:54 pm 

abshooter,
everything you need to know is in that link that i posted.