Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:34 pm 

I'm planning on buidling up a Crosman 2240 pistol with target grips and steel breech. Still not sure what to do for a rear sight. The Williams FP will be a bit too bulky for a pistol I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:54 pm 

I think I'll do a 2240 myself, more than likely I'll just tear down my backpacker and blend them together.

Post subject: 2289...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:01 pm 
Site Admin

I'd like to do some internal mods to my 2289, maybe fix up all those handicaps that were done to it for the canadian market. If the money is there ill probably buy a steel breech as well.

Post subject: Piece of tiger maple
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:37 pm 

I have a nice piece of tiger maple that should make a couple fine stocks and maybe even a couple of pairs of grips.

Have to have stay at home projects for the winter. Very peaceful that way.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:42 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

ive got a .22 fast deer. So far ive changed the leather seal to a synthetic one. Polished the trigger and piston latch. Shimmed the cocking arm so i get no wiggle or jiggle. Made a little peep with an old 2240 rear site. Took off the front hood and shaved the front site 2mms. Put in a trigger stop.
I want to try and shape the pistol grip a bit and probably paint the sucker too. And add some non removeable swivels.
I know i know its no power house but its fun to tinker, and its built like a tank and is good for can killing. :)

"Come on guys, this is the worst geekfest I ever seen, arguing about some airgun that is rare.."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:08 pm 

i wanna try to fix my daisy mod 111 from 1986 :P
any tips

http://www.airgunforum.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1521 pics here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:50 pm 

Do any of you build your own airguns from scratch. I purchased a lathe a couple of months back and now I am looking for a couple of projects. If anyone has mechanical drawings of expansion chambers or other parts of airguns I would be really interested in seeing some of them. That might even be one of the headings that could be posted on theis forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:03 am 

Oh my god nooooo......it would be a really screwed up airgun if I built one from scratch.....doubt that it could even be called an airgun at all. Best I can do is swap out parts, a few small modifications, and do some refinishing.

Also, I might scope out my QB-78 project. I'll probably use a Tasco 3-9x32 or maybe a 4x32 AO if I can find one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:10 pm 
Admin-2-IC

airgunnut1 wrote:
Do any of you build your own airguns from scratch. I purchased a lathe a couple of months back and now I am looking for a couple of projects. If anyone has mechanical drawings of expansion chambers or other parts of airguns I would be really interested in seeing some of them. That might even be one of the headings that could be posted on theis forum.

Hi Roy,
how's the lathe working for you. Did you complete the barrel project that you were making for your custom Mark1 ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:31 pm 

airgunnut1 wrote:

Sniper, joined the forum and sure like what I see.
I build airgun stuff from scratch, the most advance project was the home built Condor with .22, .25, 9mm and Airrow barrels for it.
At present am finishing up a QB PCP, DAQ .25 PCP carbine, and have a .32 in the works for the winter.
Really enjoy gas guns esp PCP.
good to be here eh :)
Walter...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:21 am 

Hi Sniper. I made a couple of different barrels for my Mark 1. I modeled them after the barrels for the Ruger Mark 1 which is probably the gun that Crosman modeled the Mark 1 from. One heavy barrel or the same barrel that was on the Ruger Mark 2 and a much lighter version of the mark 1 barrel. One 10 inch barrel and a 14 inch just for fun. I modified the Mark 1 so that I can change barrels without too much trouble. The lathe is great but I am still learning how to use it. I luckily met a machinest that is willing to teach me how to use it so it has been a lot of fun learning how to use it.
Roy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:17 pm 
Admin-2-IC

Hi Roy,
I knew you're going to have alot fun with that lathe. I wish I can have one at home .....I'm still debating on it. I've been looking for one and found a couple dealer here but not sure which one to get .... there are so many functions to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:24 pm 
Admin-2-IC

Voltar1 wrote:
Sniper, joined the forum and sure like what I see.
I build airgun stuff from scratch, the most advance project was the home built Condor with .22, .25, 9mm and Airrow barrels for it.
At present am finishing up a QB PCP, DAQ .25 PCP carbine, and have a .32 in the works for the winter.
Really enjoy gas guns esp PCP.
good to be here eh :)
Walter...

Hi Walter,
you're almost finished with QB PCP ? .... and DAQ ..... sounds very interesting, do you have any pic ?

Same here too, I use more of my co2 rifle than the springer now adays and hopefully by Dec. I will have the HW100 on time for x-mas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:45 pm 

I am starting another 2240 for a friend of mine this month and waiting for my 909s big bore from D&L.

Avanar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:00 pm 
Admin-2-IC

Hi Avanar,

How's the XS-B50 coming along. Did you get the pump fix or replace ?
is it pumping to 200 bars ?

909's big bore .....wow .... you're not foolin around ......