Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:25 am 
Admin-2-IC

QB78 out of the box gets good 40 shots above 420fps.
using bulk adaptor - gets 32 shots.
using Mac1 ext. tube + bulk adaptor = 80 shots.
The above # of shots also good if you only mod the ports
but would gives vel. in the high end of six hundreds.
If the valve is modded as well, 2 powerlets would give 25 shots
and bulk adapt. 15. and with the ext. tube about 50.
This is the best part of 9oz, stock QB or mod ports only
would give 420+ shots and mods all the way = 320+ shots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:50 am 

Great stuff Sniper! A tanker version of the QB. :shock:
I can see your next mod is going to be shorten the main tube back close to the mounting stud to improve the balance. :wink: Maybe rework the stock, similar to a Rapid. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:34 am 
Admin-2-IC

ETA wrote:
Great stuff Sniper! A tanker version of the QB. :shock:
I can see your next mod is going to be shorten the main tube back close to the mounting stud to improve the balance. :wink: Maybe rework the stock, similar to a Rapid. :P

Yes, actually I would like to get the QB78T/QB79, out of the box comes with the bulk adaptor for paintball bottle but I can't even get the adaptor for now, so I created next to the best thing. I was surprised the QB is still quite light in weight, out of the box was 5.75 lbs, with the 9oz bottle is about less than 7 lbs. before the scope and now the centre balance point is right underneath the rear sight.
I was thinking about cutting the tube back but I got to find a good re-threading tool first. You're right perhaps that's the next project.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:33 pm 

Hello Sniper

I sure if look long enough I will find it but do you have any pictures of the mod that you dig to the qb78, like what did you change and how much.

Avanar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:56 pm 
Admin-2-IC

Hi Frank & Avanar,

I gather all the shots, all what I can find:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:28 pm 
Admin-2-IC

airbuddy3 wrote:
I meant chrono strings to show shot to shot consistancy and total shot count ..if you have them.. and its not too much trouble .

TIA

Frank

Here it is:

Post subject: QB Tune ..
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:57 pm 
Banned

I did an efficiency tune aiming for shot to shot consistancy and maintaining shot count ( I have no intention to bulk it at this time ) and increasing performance .The results were amazing ..consistancy is unreal ..power is up ..and get this so is shot count !!! Like you mentioned Sniper it comes shooting slow and gives 46-48 shots ..it is hot and gets 52 good shots ..very pleased with the results .

Frank

Post subject: Re: QB Tune ..
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:27 am 
Admin-2-IC

airbuddy3 wrote:
I did an efficiency tune aiming for shot to shot consistancy and maintaining shot count ( I have no intention to bulk it at this time ) and increasing performance .The results were amazing ..consistancy is unreal ..power is up ..and get this so is shot count !!! Like you mentioned Sniper it comes shooting slow and gives 46-48 shots ..it is hot and gets 52 good shots ..very pleased with the results .

Frank

Yes, sounds excellent.
I was pleased with the result too as the way it was stock, new, but I was using 3 of them with 5 guys shooting, then it was costing so much on powerlets, not to mention the pellets constant shooting for 2 hours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:21 pm 

Help Sniper or anyother of you knowledgeable people out there. I started to take apart my qb78 but am unsure how to remove the valve body(the gold one). It does not seem to slide out and I don't want ot hit it too hard if that is not the way to remove it. Ideas?

avanar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:25 pm 

Once again I post before I am finished asking questions. Sniper why the 2 holes in the valve body and how deep? Iam sure I will have other questions but for now that is it.

Avanar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:28 pm 

There are some articles over at Charlie da Tuna's website on how to disassemble and tune the QB-78. You need a very wide screwdriver or a spanner to remove the valve assembly safely.

http://charliedatuna.com/co2.htm

http://charliedatuna.com/charlie_QB78_tune.htm

http://charliedatuna.com/co2_tune.htm

Happy reading......

I made a tool like this to remove the valve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:23 am 
Admin-2-IC

Avanar wrote:
Help Sniper or anyother of you knowledgeable people out there. I started to take apart my qb78 but am unsure how to remove the valve body(the gold one). It does not seem to slide out and I don't want ot hit it too hard if that is not the way to remove it. Ideas?
avanar

After completely taking all the pieces apart, you left with the tube and the valve inside, don't forget to take the screw that hold the valve at the bottom of it. Now from the front spray or drop alot of oil so it cover the internal wall of the tube for the valve body to slide out and then what I use is a deep socket wrench as big as possible to go inside the tube with along extension and hammer it from behind start by tapping it and get harder as much force as need it from behind toward to the front of the tube. The oil in the tube wall should protect from o-ring getting damage.

Avanar wrote:
Once again I post before I am finished asking questions. Sniper why the 2 holes in the valve body and how deep? Iam sure I will have other questions but for now that is it.
Avanar

The two holes in the valve body drill them right thru untill the bit goes right inside the valve body, the two holes will provide much more co2 into valve body.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:37 am 
Admin-2-IC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:25 am 

sniper wrote:
Now from the front spray or drop alot of oil so it cover the internal wall of the tube for the valve body to slide out and then what I use is a deep socket wrench as big as possible to go inside the tube with along extension and hammer it from behind start by tapping it and get harder as much force as need it from behind toward to the front of the tube. The oil in the tube wall should protect from o-ring getting damage.

No, no, no, do it the right way......don't beat the valve out!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:54 am 
Admin-2-IC

airgunfun wrote:
sniper wrote:
Now from the front spray or drop alot of oil so it cover the internal wall of the tube for the valve body to slide out and then what I use is a deep socket wrench as big as possible to go inside the tube with along extension and hammer it from behind start by tapping it and get harder as much force as need it from behind toward to the front of the tube. The oil in the tube wall should protect from o-ring getting damage.

No, no, no, do it the right way......don't beat the valve out!!!!

.....lol..... don't beat it ... smack it .....
this intruction is from Co2UNE, I've done 5 so far and great success.

I guess, your way is ok too but I was thinking it would take so much time
to align all the valve parts back, unless you get lucky and get them all fit right in.
another problem how do you mod the valve head (the brass part)?.
There are 3 parts got to be done on the valve heads, exhaust port, angle port, enlarge the tubing port.

Last edited by sniper on Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.