Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:36 pm 

So we have a few guns that are banned because they look scary(SPAS, AK family, M16, ... you name it). Now, what is the point of that since I it is illegal to carry guns in public? If I were walking on the street I and saw a person with a .22 remington varminter, wouldn't I soil my pants?

So the only place where I can hold my gun is a shooting range. But isn't it a place where you will least likely encounter a person who is afraid of guns?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:09 pm 

Sadly, logic never entered into the equation when the Liberals crafted our gun laws as a knee jerk reaction to that Montreal university shooting.

Post subject: Gun laws
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:47 am 

Many guns are restricted as they were designed as destructive devices, they are scarry and special rally groups pressure the gov.
Dont worry there are still several cool non restricted guns you can own.
Mini14
Tavor
HKsl8
The Beretta storm thanks to ellewood epps
SKS
Browning BAR
M14
Dlask 870 8.5 inch pistol grip model
and many more. Dont try to understand the laws.

I would prefer a nice semi auto that i can take to the back field versus
the target range only anyways there are lots out there.
IanC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:43 am 

Yes, but as I had thought you can't use the Banana clips in them anymore, or even the 15-Rounders or the 30-rounders either. It's a sad day when when Bill-68 came in, and all of the other Bills had to follow suite isn't it ?

KM...

I know so many friends that had to modify there guns its not FUNNY at all in the least... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:40 am 

If the 5 round law wasnt there i would have purchsed at least one from my short list. Hmm what do you know the law is working, damn.

Ive got a 1022 anyways which ive got several 25 rounders for. For plinking it cant be beat.
IanC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:15 am 

Krazy Mike wrote:
Yes, but as I had thought you can't use the Banana clips in them anymore, or even the 15-Rounders or the 30-rounders either. It's a sad day when when Bill-68 came in, and all of the other Bills had to follow suite isn't it ?

KM...

I know so many friends that had to modify there guns its not FUNNY at all in the least... :(

You can use bananna clips as long as they are permenantly modified to hold only 5 rounds. My VZ58L came with 4 bananna clips - all of which are riveted to hold only 5. The whole 5 round thing on semi-automatics is stupid and arbitrary. Like most of our gun laws, it was based on stupidity and ignorance rather than logic.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:11 pm 

Muhamor wrote:
So we have a few guns that are banned because they look scary(SPAS, AK family, M16, ... you name it). Now, what is the point of that since I it is illegal to carry guns in public? If I were walking on the street I and saw a person with a .22 remington varminter, wouldn't I soil my pants?

Um...maybe if you live in Toronto you'd soil your pants. But it's not illegal for me to carry a non-restricted firearm openly in public, even in city limits. After all....it's my gun, not my penis.

If it's illegal for you, you must not legally be allowed to own a firearm.

It's only unlawful to carry a non-restricted firearm around in Canada, if it's loaded. And that's for safety reasons. (In the event of an accidental discharge, someone is almost bound to get hurt in a city)

*** with the exception of muzzloaders....which can be carried loaded, as long as the flint or the percussion cap be removed***

Up here in Thunder Bay, it's only fairly recently that it became policy to disallow people to carry their firearms on the city bus.

I've lived in smaller towns, and it's not unusual to see kids walking in and out of town to the bush with .22's.

(You don't normally see adults walking around with them, because adults usually drive.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:40 pm 

Bobby Ironsights
You mean it's like switzerland over here?!?! :D I didn't know that.

So I could carry my VZ 585 on the bus unloaded(i live in MTL, btw)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:44 pm 

WTF is the sense of shooting a gun thats designed to shoot more then 4-5 bullets at a time, and own a Banana Clip that holds whatever :roll: Then have it modified to now only hold 4-5-Bullets. Stupid :twisted: Thats why 99% of my friends who owned these PB got rid of them. I was in a Shop out in the Bush the other day, and this guy had Banana Clips for the .22 caliber LR's. I said to him aren't they illegal ? He said NO there not ! If thats true then thats great we can still have alittle FUN in todays Confused World... :lol: 8) But what does that say for the AR-15/M-16 Copy of the Gun in .22 cal LR

KM...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:14 pm 

Mantis wrote:
You can use bananna clips as long as they are permenantly modified to hold only 5 rounds. My VZ58L came with 4 bananna clips - all of which are riveted to hold only 5. The whole 5 round thing on semi-automatics is stupid and arbitrary. Like most of our gun laws, it was based on stupidity and ignorance rather than logic.
Well, it has some logic behind it. If you go postal, it would take time for you to reload every 5 shots.

Although, you could unpin your banana mags...:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:28 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

mike, about banana clips for the .22 ar 15 there isnt any limit on rimfire rifle mag capacity, you can have a single shot or a 75 shot 1022 ruger clip as long as its rimfire

dumb gun laws

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:29 pm 

Muhamor wrote:

Although, you could unpin your banana mags...:roll:

Shh! Us non-liberal simple folk aren't supposed to know that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:24 pm 

Muhamor wrote:
Bobby Ironsights
You mean it's like switzerland over here?!?! :D I didn't know that.

So I could carry my VZ 585 on the bus unloaded(i live in MTL, btw)?

No Muhamor, the bus is the private property of the corporation of the city of Montreal. You'd have to see their policy on the matter first.

However, it is not against the law to carry an unloaded non-restricted firearm.

Also, in your original post, you said that "the only place I can hold my gun is at a firing range".

That's not true in all sorts of ways. If it were, how could anyone hunt?

Last edited by Bobby Ironsights on Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:48 pm 

Muhamor wrote:
So the only place where I can hold my gun is a shooting range. But isn't it a place where you will least likely encounter a person who is afraid of guns?

And why would you want to frighten people with your firearms anyway? The more I read your posts, the less sense they make.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:13 pm 

Krazy Mike wrote:
WTF is the sense of shooting a gun thats designed to shoot more then 4-5 bullets at a time, and own a Banana Clip that holds whatever :roll:

Actually, it depends. I prefer the full length pinned (welded actually) mags for my M14 over the shortened ones. They are much easier to insert and remove because there is a lot more to grab onto. To remove the full length mag, I just grab it, hit the release with my thumb and snap it out. With the 5 round mag, I have to use two hands - one to push the release and the index finger of the other to reach into the breach and push the mag down and out.