Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:43 am 

Well, this one has been on my "gotta get it someday" list for awhile, but since I'm still lacking my PAL... :oops:
I had to wait for the wonderful Mr. Marvin to get in detuned ones to finally get my hands on it.

First off, this is one nice looking rifle!! As you may have read before, it is an excellent reproduction by Umarex (Made In Germany) of the real thing. Real wood, and steel make up the important parts of this rifle, and it just "feels" good in my hands... :)

The lever action is smooth and fun to use, and works to "cock" the trigger, and move the standard 8 slot Umarex metal clip to the next position.

The mags load by pressing down on the fake bullet loading port; which releases a rocker arm, on which you place the mag, then push it back into position.

This process is easy and fast to do, and extra mags are strongly recommended!

The Dual Co2 powerlet system is in the Butt Plate, which opens easily by pulling down on a lever set flush into it.

One removed, it is a simple system which involves unscrewing the threaded rod which holds the 2 12gm Co2 powerlets in place, replacing them, and then screwing it back down again.

Because the powerlets are linked together, they go into the one intake valve inside the wooden stock, and can be removed and reinserted with a very minimal loss of gas.

So...how does it shoot - "sweet" is the word for it... :D

The trigger is one of the best on any Umarex gun I have tried yet, the accuracy is as excellent as you might imagine with a nice 19.1" rifled barrel, and as mentioned, the lever action is fluid and fast. As it is detuned, it is probably getting around 490ish fps out of the box (but using a nice tuning tip from alstone, mine is getting a little bit more than that... :twisted: ).

Highly recommended for the those into "replicants", and for anyone who wants to just have fun shooting a rifle!!

My five mags are getting used up very fast - and I might just be shooting my new Walther Lever Action for the rest of the night... :wink:

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:12 am 
Supporting Members

Great review. This has been on my must buy list as well.
Of all the parts shown I can really only see one weak point. The lever to remove the butt plate.
I can see that clip breaking eventually. Might be good to have one made of metal as a replacement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:43 am 

That is some AG, I like it alot...

Mike... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:20 am 

Very nice.

I have always wanted to add one of those to my arsenal... :D

CZ Slavia 631
HW45 50S
Industry QB78D
Umarex 1911 92FS CP99 SAA P08