Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:30 pm 

I Decided to try a vertical ("Broom-Handle" style) vertical fore grip on my 2250.The grip is made of strong composite(much like the rear stock)is very sturdy once mounted and gives kind of a steyr-aug kinda feel(also is easily removable). Mounting was painless..infact the RIS (Weaver)rail that came with the grip(all for $9.95 US from Airsplat.com>search>"grip")will mount perfectly and evenly right on the fore stock screw points with out modification(just 2 small washers). While this looked ok..it was a little skeletal for my taste..so I decided to cut the rail and mount it directly to the fore stock (note the slight forward slant which I will probably wedge shim straight later)as the rail can also mount lights, lasers etc..also a bulk line could be ran through the grip and back to the rear.I also contoured/blended the back of the rear-stock grip and ground off the lug at the bottom front of the grip frame..as this is much more ergonomic and less cramped for my hands using the skeleton stock. the Gun has internal work(Valve Job,seal,etc..=11.5fpe @75F) from Roy at Mtn.Air who also cut/crowned the 16.5" barrel(shown w/dust catching brake)as well as added a second set screw for the barrel and deepend the forward bolt lock slot on the metal Breech..all for a reasonable price and very well done and precise(I don't have a drill Press at this time and didn't want to take any chances)..anyway here is
pictured with a 2xRD w/removable Objective
Fore stock drilled and sanded flat
Washer headed nuts included counter sink nicely into fore stock(nut sanded off a little),5/16" bit used
can easily be wielded by vert grip(Roy lathe cut some nice spiral patterns into the rear breech and tube caps but is hard to see in this pic)
business
getting carried away..hehe..Regards, Chase Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:38 pm 
Site Admin

Very nice!
I've always wanted to do this kind of thing with a 2240 but with a grip that is a gas through grip that is drilled right into the 2240 tube and then the line goes to a tank in the stock. Would that work?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:52 pm 

underside of the grip..its basically hollow..infact that was in the back of my head while I was working on it..just drill straight through the rail an the top of the grip..would work fine,you would have to go around the cross bolt at the top but should'nt be to much of a problem if you line it up right. Thanks, Chase

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:05 pm 

Waayyyyy cool! Looks awesomely tactical!! That "business" pic looks mean.

Hey, don't hate. It releases negative energy, which is bad for everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:14 pm 

Thanks..Guys really appreciate..glad someone liked it :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:09 pm 
Admin-2-IC

Nice .... Excellent idea with verticle foregrip, I was thinking it would ok too
installing bulk with the bottle hang down infront of the grip.

Good job, congrats.

Post subject: Grips
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:41 pm 

I went to ths site for the grips , and want one , but noticed ths shipping charges were crazy !! how much did you get it for to your door ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:13 am 

Ya ..acually that is the one thing about Airsplat their S&H is ridiculous..
you'll probably spend twice ..around $18-19 US for grip w/shipping.
maybe a little more for Canada.
I've looked at other airsoft and paintball sites and have found a few grips
but none that compact and hollow and w/Rail incl. so in this case the Airsplat route may be worth it..as the other grips I found go for around $20-25US(ie: airsoftatlanta.com >external upgrades) and then another $10-15US for the rail then $6-8 S&H..so that would be even worse.
Happy New Year and Thanks Again Guys, Chase

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:27 pm 

Hey Chase..

That's f'ing Sweet...

Tell me about that Scope Please ??!!

I'm looking for a Red dot,, ultra compact..Only have about 4" of clearnce to play with...

ttyle

Eric...

On/Scene Tactical
Leading the Way in Quality ,Custom Sheathing Systems

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:49 am 

Hi Eric,
Thanks...The RD sight is made by Hammers and can usually be found on eBay by doing a search for just the words "Red Dot". When the front objective is removed the sight functions as a normal 1x 30mm RD sight. However with the 2x inplace its a little more like a scope and best to close one eye.
Also it fits on a weaver rail so you'd need adapters to fit a dove tail(2250)..Heres the 2pc adapter I used(Link)..

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... sults1.jsp