Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 11:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:52 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

Should be here this week.... I'll know better after it arrives...As for info, when I asked about the 100mm side wheel, Frank the fellow I spoke with went to the shelf and made the effort to confirm stock and measured the side wheel to confirm diameter....
Will keep you posted.... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:24 am 

I had to order from Marstar as well since D&L was out of stock (like everything else lately :? )
The guy on the phone (didn't get his name) was very friendly and also confirmed the 100mm wheel for me.
When I ordered last week they only had a couple scopes left. After that it could be months until they're available!

What is everybody's opinions on sunshades on scopes? I know they look cool :lol: , but do you guys use them? Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:20 am 
Supporting Member 2009

Pumpmaster wrote:
What is everybody's opinions on sunshades on scopes? I know they look cool :lol: , but do you guys use them? Thanks.

Well there are situations where they will be of benefit, so generally most people leave them on all the time - and they do look cool...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:27 pm 

Has anybody else contacted Marstar regarding their order? I called them yesterday (a week and half after I placed my order), only to be told that my order wouldn't even be shipped until next Wednesday...
I asked why I was told the items I ordered were in stock and ready to ship if it was going to take 2 weeks for the order to even be processed?
The woman from Marstar claimed that they are always at least 2 weeks behind, so being told "ready to ship" really means being added to the end of a very long list.
Needless to say, my first experience with Marstar hasn't impressed me so far....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:12 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

Pumpmaster wrote:
Has anybody else contacted Marstar regarding their order? I called them yesterday (a week and half after I placed my order), only to be told that my order wouldn't even be shipped until next Wednesday...
I asked why I was told the items I ordered were in stock and ready to ship if it was going to take 2 weeks for the order to even be processed?
The woman from Marstar claimed that they are always at least 2 weeks behind, so being told "ready to ship" really means being added to the end of a very long list.
Needless to say, my first experience with Marstar hasn't impressed me so far....

I remember them taking awhile to ship mine when I got it last year well over a week to process the order - but at the time, they were the only place in Canada to sell them and with the Canadian Dollar at that time, they were also the cheapest place in North America!

I've found that with a lot of 'traditional' firearms retailers, things seem to take a bit of time, this doesn't surprise me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:15 am 

I would have been ok with the shipping process if they had simply been honest with me as they accepted my payment.
They weren't the cheapest place to purchase from, but they were the only Canadian distributor (that I could find) who had what I wanted in stock.
We'll see if my items show up when they said they will next week...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:28 am 
Site sponsor and moderator

Marstar came through.... It took 2 weeks and a pinch, but the scopes and wheels were delivered without so much as scratch or ding to the boxes they came package in.... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:22 pm 

Parker_101_ wrote:
Marstar came through.... It took 2 weeks and a pinch, but the scopes and wheels were delivered without so much as scratch or ding to the boxes they came package in.... :D
I wish that I could say the same... The box they packaged my scope in arrived pretty beat up and torn open on the bottom. My scope has some superficial marks on it (not attributable to the shipping)
Compared to a package that arrived from D&L the same day, I can't say I was overly impressed with my overall dealing with Marstar.
Oh well, at least I finally have my scope! 8)