Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:46 am 

It's quite likely,that as I continue to peruse all these new stickies, I'm gonna come up with some questions. While FT isn't yet taking the praries by storm, it isn't going to preclude me from building a gun, and practicing the discipline; and who knows, I've got family in southern Ontario, maybe it's time I punish them with a visit again, after I get in a little practice. :wink:
Quote:
Hunter Division
A) Any air gun design, with any sight, but with optics subject to restrictions in sub-section B. Match air guns may be used, but must have all adjustable parts at their minimum placement. The exception to that will be for the length of pull of the stock.

If I have a stock with an adjustable cheekrest, it's going to have to be 'retracted' in order to compete in HFT?
Quote:
E) Match style butt hooks will not be allowed.

What is the defining characteristic of a 'Match' style butt hook, vs an non-match style?

Do either of the above rulings, affect or limit, the use of a multi-axis adjustable butt plate?
Quote:
F) Handheld wind indicators are not allowed.

Are the barrel mounted versions allowable?

Again, just clarification, not tryin to start anything. If I'm going to practice something, I'd like to know it'll be applicable, should I ever be able to attend.
Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:08 am 

There is now a chart that is attached to the Rules that will help sort things out. Be more concerned with the consistency of your rifle and the scope you are using than the adjustability. So you have something to go by, a Match Rifle is a 10 Meter ISSF rifle converted by factory or individual to be used in FT. This also included stocks like the EV2 and Pro Target. If your rifle does not fall into that catagory, it is not a Match rifle. If you have ever seen the picture of the butt hooks on an ISSF Free Rifle, that is what is prohibited. Pictures of my rifle have that hook and that is not allowed in Hunter, but a normal adjustable butt plate is ok.

When you are long winded, is that a sign of Wisdom or Old Age?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:24 pm 

Quote:
There is now a chart. . . . .

Duly noted Sir. Thankyou, it is somewhat clearer.

My Adjustable Butt Plate prototype, is adjustable on 4 axis; height, pull, cant, and rotation. Most of the adjustment is meant to facilitate easy, repeatable shouldering and cheekweld, as well as some comfort. The adjustments are not currently optimized for in-the-field type changes, between or at the shooting lanes.

I'm going to continue it's development and use, but I do have some reservation to its applicability for use in competition. I'll cross that bridge, when the water's too deep to wade through. :wink:
Quote:
Currently, items not listed, are not allowed.

Does this suggest that my Gyro Stabilization unit wouldn't be allowed on the field? :shock:

I'm gonna continue with that one as well, but I'm going to need to develop an encased version, instead of the more glamourous 'exposed' iteration I was envisioning. :wink: