Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 9:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:17 am 

i have an HW100T .22, My scope is nikko and it's metric. i cannot get to calculate this.

@ ? fps .22 16 grain pellet will drop 1 mil dot's @ 50M.

after that i will regulate my rifle to that power setting.

1 mil dot's at 50M mesures ? inch.

Thank you.

H&K USP Compact Blue 9x19MM Trijicon NightSights
S&W Mod 1905 4.Th change .32 Long CTG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:03 am 

Your first question is impossible to answer as the biggest unknown is the Ballistics Coefficient....

One Mil-Dot is 3.6" at 100 yards.... at 50m that is 50mm or 1.97"....

Bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:27 pm 

Those figures work only at 10 power, not at full 32 power, so that is out of the equation too.

As to an answer, I need to know what power level you are shooting at. If you are shooting at 12 ftlb, the answer will be one value, but if you are shooting at 20 ftlb, it will be quite different. I am fairly sure the pellet you are describing is the JSB Exact, correct?

If you are trying to calculate the velocity of your rifle, there are programs that will give you an idea of how fast your rifle is shooting by the drop difference between two specific points by entering the pellet, BC, and differences from aim points at specific distances.

When you are long winded, is that a sign of Wisdom or Old Age?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:50 pm 

My Turkish isn't that great but I think he wants to use 1 mil-dot low as his POA at 50m and is trying to figure out what velocity to adjust to so the trajectory matches this?! If this is the case TheNightHawk, there are still too many variables to consider as mentioned above also you did not mention at what distance you are sighted in at?! The easy answer is to count how many clicks it takes to correct your elevation to a 50 POA hold and use that as your reference.

If this is not what you meant...nevermind :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:12 pm 

I think I have the answer and what you want to do. The rifle, as set from the factory, is at 35 ftlb and should send a JSB Exact out at 303.3 mps (approx). In order to drop the point of impact 1 mildot at 32 power at a distance of 50m, the velocity would end up being about 278.3mps.

So, if you change your velocity to drop the point of impact by 1 mildot, at 32 power, at a distance of 50m, your velocity would drop 25mps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:35 pm 

Sorry i figured out now we have a sighted distance missing. What i want is to sight my 32x scope at 30meters, using jsb exact and want to find the sweet spot at 50m and 1 mildot down in my scope (exact 1 dot) my velocity at chrono is 840 fps now. do i have to increase or decrease? at which fps setting i'll get exact 1 dot drop at 50meters, at this setting my zero must be at how much meters. Sorry about english than, i think now you get the point. Thanks to everyone who thinked for me :D i do not want to use clicks, i want to hold over or under.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:03 pm 

The drop rate that you are trying to achieve, can only be done with firearms. If your rifle is sighted in at 30 meters, it will drop 4.7 mildots and you will not be able to increase the velocity so that you have only one mildot drop from there to 50 meters. You would need nearly 1300 fps in order to have a one mildot drop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:21 am 

:( i was waiting this answer. thank you for reply.