Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:48 pm 

I received a bunch of pellets that I ordered to test in my new rifle for shooting HFT this spring.
Is anybody interested in trading me 500 Crosman Premiers for a new tin of JSB Exacts or JSB Exact Express'?
If you have other FT quality pellets not shown in the photo below I may also be interested in a swap.
Just thought this might be a good way for a couple FT shooters to help each other out.
Thanks! :)
:::Edit::: pic resized P101

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:10 am 

Pumpmaster wrote:
Is anybody interested in trading me 500 Crosman Premiers for ........ a new tin of JSB Exact Express?

Are the JSB Exact Express 4.51mm or 4.52mm?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:53 am 

Suprmatic wrote:
They are 4.52.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:48 am 

Pumpmaster wrote:
I received a bunch of pellets that I ordered to test in my new rifle for shooting HFT this spring.
Is anybody interested in trading me 500 Crosman Premiers for a new tin of JSB Exacts or JSB Exact Express'?
If you have other FT quality pellets not shown in the photo below I may also be interested in a swap.
Just thought this might be a good way for a couple FT shooters to help each other out.
Thanks! :)
:::Edit::: pic resized P101

I'll be happy to swap you out for 500 Crosman Premiers so you can test them too. Premiers only come is cardboard boxes of 1250, so we would have to dump them in a empty tin. We could use one of my empty Exact tins. The premier pellets are small (shorter) than the JSB's, so you are sure to get more than 500! What a deal.

I don't need more Exacts, I have lots, but am happy to swap you.

Do you still have your 2289? I'm still planning to get one to test the minimum trip energy of my FT targets, so if you do, we can handle that as well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:22 pm 

Pumpmaster wrote:
Suprmatic wrote:
They are 4.52.

Rats. I have been trying to find some JSB EE in 4.51mm. I'm beginning to wonder if they make them in that size - seems all the dealers have just the 4.52mm as well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:45 pm 

Suprmatic wrote:
Pumpmaster wrote:
Suprmatic wrote:
They are 4.52.

Rats. I have been trying to find some JSB EE in 4.51mm. I'm beginning to wonder if they make them in that size - seems all the dealers have just the 4.52mm as well.

Illingworth (DAK) may have some that are not listed on the site. I know Harv found some for me last fall. I would give you some, but I only have 1 pack left!!

It seems like 4.52 are the most commonly available these days.

Are you wanting to try them in the 97?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:15 pm 

CJN wrote:

I'll be happy to swap you out for 500 Crosman Premiers so you can test them too. Premiers only come is cardboard boxes of 1250, so we would have to dump them in a empty tin. We could use one of my empty Exact tins. The premier pellets are small (shorter) than the JSB's, so you are sure to get more than 500! What a deal.

Do you still have your 2289? I'm still planning to get one to test the minimum trip energy of my FT targets, so if you do, we can handle that as well.
Hi. The 2289 is long gone, but I would like to do the swap. I'm assuming that we're not local, so if you want, send me an IM and we can swap information to mail each other the pellets. I'm assuming the honour system will be ok, if not we'll have to figure something else out.
Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:22 pm 

Pumpmaster wrote:
CJN wrote:

Hi. The 2289 is long gone, but I would like to do the swap. I'm assuming that we're not local, so if you want, send me an IM and we can swap information to mail each other the pellets. I'm assuming the honour system will be ok, if not we'll have to figure something else out.
Thanks!

Ha :D , yes the honor system is fine. These are only pellets we are taking about. I have many thousands of pellets and could not care less about sending you some, I don't even need any in return.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:57 pm 

CJN wrote:
Suprmatic wrote:
Pumpmaster wrote:
Suprmatic wrote:
They are 4.52.

Illingworth (DAK) may have some that are not listed on the site. I know Harv found some for me last fall. I would give you some, but I only have 1 pack left!!

Actually, for the FWB 300S FT. It seemed to prefer the 4.51 Exacts, and I'd like to try the 4.51 Exact Express for velocity, and grouping before trying to special order a sleeve or two. Could I possibly "borrow" a couple dozen of the 4.51 JSB EE from you to try?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:04 pm 

CJN wrote:
Ha :D , yes the honor system is fine. These are only pellets we are taking about. I have many thousands of pellets and could not care less about sending you some, I don't even need any in return.
I understand these are "just pellets", but I appreciate you doing the swap and wanted to make you as comfortable with it as possible. You have IM :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:59 pm 

Pumpmaster wrote:
CJN wrote:
I understand these are "just pellets", but I appreciate you doing the swap and wanted to make you as comfortable with it as possible. You have IM :)

More than happy to swap. Hope the CP's work well for you.

I will reply to your PM.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:03 pm 

Suprmatic wrote:
CJN wrote:
Suprmatic wrote:
Pumpmaster wrote:
Suprmatic wrote:
They are 4.52.

Actually, for the FWB 300S FT. It seemed to prefer the 4.51 Exacts, and I'd like to try the 4.51 Exact Express for velocity, and grouping before trying to special order a sleeve or two. Could I possibly "borrow" a couple dozen of the 4.51 JSB EE from you to try?

My Express' are 4.52, sorry.

I do have a tin of 4.51 Exacts left, and if you want some of those to try, you are welcome to them if you need them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:50 am 
Supporting Member 2009

I don't think JSB makes the Exact Express in any size BUT 4.52. Just like the Exact Heavies, only 4.52...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:42 am 

pirellip wrote:
I don't think JSB makes the Exact Express in any size BUT 4.52. Just like the Exact Heavies, only 4.52...

That may be right, hard to say for certain though.

The JSB site (linked below) seems to indicate that they are only available in 4.52, but the site also does not include the 4.53 Exact, and many of us own them. Others may notice other sizes not listed on the site that are also available. So its hard to know for certain that 4.52 is the only size, unless we write the factory.

http://web.telecom.cz/schulz/main_e.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:04 am 

Just thought I'd update...CJN and I completed our pellet swap. Unfortunately the cost to ship a single tin of pellets to each other was slightly higher than anticipated :lol:, but at least now I have 500 nicely packaged Crosman Premiers that I can test whenever this snow decides to melt.
Thanks again CJN, I appreciate you taking the time to help a fellow shooter out!