Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:17 am 

I tried sending these pics to Mac (Tim M) but for some reason it kept hanging up in the middle of the transfer :roll: so i`ll just post these and the mod`s can add the photo description to each photo if they wish.

Shot of the practise range. Who`s the guy in the blue pants and camo hat? yup that`s Suprmatic haha he should be doing ads for Georgio Armani :lol:

This is Ghostrider with his mod`d QB.

This is PirelliP I believe sighting in his Steyr.

Another shot of the practice line

Here`s the photos of the guys getting their medals. In no specific order.

Dr Frankengun(middle) getting his Medal.

GhostRider(middle) getting his medal.

RVD getting his medal

Pumpmaster getting his medal

The man The Myth The Legend haha Suprmatic getting his medal.

Windbag getting his medal

PirelliP getting his medal

I THINK the Gentleman`s name in this pic is Denis Eden (middle) getting his medal.

Keyrigger getting his medal

Mac getting his medal

CJN getting his medal

This young guy I forgot his name,lol he`s getting the youth medal.

I just wanted to say I had fun yesterday, it was good seeing all the guys again, it was nice to meet a couple new guys I haven`t met before ( DrFrankenGun and GhostRider).. We couldn`t have asked for a better bunch of guys yesterday..

I had fun being paired up with Parker101, he made some beautiful shots yesterday too, nice shooting Dennis..

If anybody has anymore photos to add feel free to add them in here so they`re all in one thread.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:31 am 

Thanks for posting the pics Pete, I enjoyed looking through them while sitting here scratching my mosquito bites.... :roll: :lol:
It was a fun shoot yesterday even with the humidity and outbreak of malaria.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:44 am 

Great pics there Pete looks like you all had fun .......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:06 am 

Yes it was a great time 8) Tom didn`t you have any Off ? I had a can of deep woods off out in the bush, me and parker sprayed down a few times throughout the match, didn`t get bit.. If I would have known you were getting killed out there I would have tossed it over to you..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:42 am 

The day started out looking rather ominous, and I thought we might get rained out, but that was not the case, and the only major problem that most folks had, was the mosquitos. I know that I was itchin' (s'cuse the pun) to get home and grab a shower to get the smell of multiple layers of bug spray off.

Congrats to all those who participated, and to the various division award recipients. There were some very impressive scores and shooting.
Rvd posted a very impressive score in Hunter Division - considering that he was shooting with open sights - thats right, no scope.
The young lad that won the Junior Division also posted a most impressive score - also shooting with open sights, and with a gun that he had only taken from it's box that very morning!!! He stands only slightly taller than his shiny, new Crosman 2289, but he proved that ability has nothing to do with stature. This little fellow has the potential to be a top FT competitor in a few years !!

I had the pleasure of meeting Dr Frankengun and Ghostrider, adding a couple more faces to the screen names that I see so often. I also had the pleasure of checking out some of their handiwork, first hand.

New friends, old friends, and a day of shooting together - IMO, it doesn't get much better.
Congrats to the Port Colborne FT Club organizers for a great job in hosting the event.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:39 am 

rvd wrote:
This young guy I forgot his name...

Suprmatic wrote:
This little fellow has the potential to be a top FT competitor in a few years !!

His name is Braydon (Braeden?) and it was great to see a healthy number of younger shooters out shooting whatever they had! They remind us old farts about shooting for the pure enjoyment of it! The highlight of my day was hearing about an unsupported standing shot at 51 yards with a 2289 that hit the 1 1/2" kill zone! :shock: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:06 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

That was just a whole lot of fun yesterday!!!.....
Congrats to all the medal winners!

It's just so cool to see the young and not so young enjoy themselves equally, air guns and kids of all ages = Pure Pleasure!!!!.... :D

Thanks for posting those pics RVD and thanks for loaning me the D48 for the match.... 8) 8) 8)

Great job and a big thanks to the match organizers.... :supz: :supz: :supz:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:35 pm 

Thanks for the pics rvd. There sure were a lot of smiles there, but none bigger than Bradon. A few of us had supper at Harvey's and he wore that medal and smile the whole time. He wasn't sure if he was going to wear it to church or not, but definitely planned to take it to school.

Seeing those young guys is powerful good medicine.

Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:01 pm 

Mac wrote:
.... definitely planned to take it to school.

I sure hope that some over-zealous, anti-gun, teacher doesn't flip-out on the little fellow and ruin his enthusiasm.........after all, that award is gun related :shock: :roll: .

Mac wrote:
Seeing those young guys is powerful good medicine.

X2 !!! :supz:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:12 pm 

Here are a few more pics.

Sight in
More sight in
Ghostrider
Bradon and his mentors
Relatively full parking lot
Luke and Shawn and somebody else :lol:
Parker-101 etc
rvd's winning shot

Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:24 pm 

Looks like everyone had a blast, would have loved to be there but had to work.

The wee guy looks like he had a great time, its always good to get a trophy but at that age it will be even better, hope its not his last time out shooting with you guys.

A few more shots of the course would be good too... just to see what your lanes look like.

I will have to make my next trip the same as one of your comps... wonder if I could get one of my guns over... :roll:

http://www.freewebs.com/shootingpix/

http://www.freewebs.com/shootingpix08

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:49 pm 

photoguy, how about if you mail your gun over in pieces as parts to one of our places then when you get here you can put it back together lol... it would work..
If you do come down, I know a great little pub that serves all the beer from U.K (Guinness, Caffreys,Kilkenny) we could head over there for a pint or 3 after the match :lol:

I apologize for not taking photos of the lanes , what a dumbass move.. haha i even had my camera with me but I guess me parker and my buddy shawn were having too much fun that we forgot :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:04 pm 

I don't think you could keep Bradon away from a match. He, his brother and cousin skipped a birthday party to make it to this one. He'll be a veteran by 12 years old. :lol:

Hopefully there will be lots of guys with Cameras at the Nationals and I'll make sure to get pictures on the lanes.

Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:10 pm 

im going to try and make it to the nationals, shouldn't be a problem..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:13 pm 

I sure hope you do make it to the Nationals rvd. Friends, food and shooting! Hard to resist.

Tim