Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: CP99C With Laser
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:13 am 

I see there is a CP99C review here already, but it is for the non laser model, and is relatively short.

I purchased my CP99C New WITHOUT the Laser sight on sale locally. I wasn't sure how I'd like the Gun as I'm not a BB gun fan at all, so I just purchased the plain model W/O the laser.

Well After 3 weeks of owning it, and about 3500 BBs I was impressed enough to get the Walther Laser for it too. I'm gonna keep this gun till she's completely worn out.

For all those interested a "Uncle Mike's Sidekick" holster size 15 fits the CP99C perfectly, and to use it with the sight I just removed some stitching and added an inch's worth in a different spot, works great again with no binding (pics Below).

Ok, lets have and over view:

HERE'S THE LOADING HOLE FOR THE BBs:

HERE'S THE BREECH END, THE BBs ARE HELD IN PLACE BY A MAGNET

HERE'S A PIC OF THE BACK STRAP, AND IT REMOVED SHOWING THE POWERLET LOCATION:

HERE'S THE PART TO PUNCTURE THE POWERLET:

THIS IS THE MAGAZINE RELEASE, IT IS METAL WHICH IS NICE. THE OTHER NICE THING IS THE MAGAZINE IS METAL TOO, UNLIKE THE ONE FOR THE PPK:

HERE'S A PIC OF THE UNIT AFTER THE MAG IS EMPTY, THE SLIDE CATCHES HALFWAY BACK, YOU CAN SEE THE CATCH/RELEASE LEVER ABOVE THE GRIP:

OK, ON TO THE LASER SIGHT. IT IS REASONABLY BRIGHT, GOOD INDOORS AND INDIRECT SUNLIGHT. AT NIGHT IT WILL PROJECT 100M EASY, IN INDIRECT BUT BRIGHT SUNLIGHT CONDITIONS IT CAN BE SEEN 25-30M. SOMETHING THAT IS IN THE VERY BRIGHT/DIRECT SUN? GOOD LUCK, I HAVE GOOD EYES AND IF IT'S 10M AWAY (DEPENDING ON THE COLOUR) IT CAN BE HARD TO SEE. REMEMBER THIS UNIT HAS ONLY A 650nm WAVELENGTH SO IT DOESN'T HAVE THE INTENSITY OF HIGH END PRO SIGHTS.

THIS IS THE SWITCH FOR TURNING IT ON:

THIS IS THE ADJUSTING POINT FOR SETTING THE WINDAGE ADJUSTMENT, ABOVE AND TO THE LEFT IS THE RELEASE BUTTON (THERE'S ONE ON EACH SIDE AND BOTH MUST BE PULLED DOWN TO RELEASE THE UNIT).

THIS IS THE ADJUSTMENT SCREW FOR ELEVATION, AND MY FINGERTIP IS ON THE BATTERY COVER. IT USES 2 3V BUTTON CELLS FOR POWER AND ARE EASILY SERVICED:

WHEN THE UNIT IS ON THERE ARE 2 SMALL LEDs THAT FACE THE SHOOTER TO INDICATE THE UNIT IS POWERED UP:

HERE'S A SHOT OF THE EMITTER ON:

WE ALL KNOW THAT THESE GUNS BEING BB UNITS ARE MADE FOR FUN, NOT TO BE TACK DRIVERS. MINE SHOT LOW AND TO THE RIGHT WITH THE OPEN SIGHTS AIMED NORMALLY. THIS SIGHT HELPS THE SITUATION OUT. WE CAN SET UP CANS AT 10M, PUT THE DOT ON IT AND HIT THEM EVERY TIME IF YOU CONTROL THE SLIDE RECOIL PROPERLY.

THINGS I LIKE ABOUT THE CP99C?:

BLOWBACK CREATES REALISM.

THE REALISTIC MAGAZINE RELEASE AND MAGAZINES, THEY ACTUALLY DROP FREE LIKE THE REAL WEAPON.

I LIKE THE OVERALL QUALITY OF THE UNIT. THE POLIMER PARTS FEEL STRONG AND WELL MADE. THE METAL PART ARE GOOD QUALITY AND CASTINGS.

SAFETY LEVER/DECOCKER: I HAVE NO ISSUESW USING IT BUT I HAVE BIG HANDS, IT IS A BIT STIFF WHEN THE UNIT IS COCKED AND YOU GO FROM 'FIRE' TO 'SAFE' BUT THAT'S BECAUSE YOU ARE DECOCKING THE UNIT AT THE SAME TIME. WHEN I APPLIDED TEFLON LUBE TO IT AND WITH USE IT SEEMS TO BE GETTING SMOOTHER.

THINGS I DISLIKED:

TRIGGER HAS A BIT OF A LENTHY PULL.

NON ADJUSTABLE REAR OPEN SIGHT

STUPID THUMB WHEEL YOU NEED TO LOOSEN/TIGHTEN TO CHANGE CO2.

I WISH IT HAD DIFFERENT BACKSTRAPS LIKE THE CP99.

WELL, I THINK THAT'S IT. I LIKE IT, IT'S A TERRIFIC PLINKER! REASONABLY ACCURATE (WITH THE USUAL BB FLIERS THROWN IN ;) )
AND WAY MORE FUN WITH THE LASER THAN JUST OPEN SIGHTS.

SHOOTING IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT GIVES YOU ABOUT 5-6 MAGS ( WHICH WORKS OUT TO 90 TO 108 ROUNDS) VERY RESPECTABLE REALLY!.

IF YOU TAKE TIME BETWEEN SHOTS YOU WILL GET MUCH MORE! ;)

IF YOU GET ONE YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED, AS LONG AS YOU DON'T THINK IT WILL DO EVERYTHING A HIGH END PELLET PISTOL WILL. MAKE SURE YOU GET IT FOR WHAT IT IS...... A FUN PLINKER
:lol:

HOPE THIS HELPS AND I WILL UPDATE THE GOOD AND THE BAD AS IT ARISES.

DB426

Beeman FH500:GH500 spring,lubed,tuned,shimmed
;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:17 pm 

Great review/takedown of this gun...I like the look of the lasers on that particular pistol...looks pretty sexy

Have fun sprayin BB's everywhere

Post subject: UPDATE
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:45 am 

Ok, Last Saturday my Daughter and I took the CP99C out for a work out, here's our results:

GUN: The same CP99C in the above pics/Review

CO2: Crossman 12gr powerlets

AMMO: Daisey powerline plated steel .177 BB rounds

OUTSIDE TEMP: 95*F

HUMIDITY: 21%

AMBIENT LIGHT: Extremely Bright direct sunlight.

Ok, I shot first. It was sooooo bright out it was hard to see the laser's projected dot to acquire the target, once the beam hit the can though it was easy to see and keep there.

I used the rapid fire technique: I'd shoot a magazine, dropped it and slammed a new one in as fast as possible and shot again until there was not enough CO2 to blowback the bolt and ready the next shot. Total time to load and shoot one mag: <5 seconds.

MY RESULTS: 7 MAGAZINES TOTAL PER CO2!

4 at "full power" 2 at somewhat reduced power and 1 with noticeably less power .

MY DAUGHTER'S RESULTS: 8 MAGAZINES PER CO2!

Her technique was much slower. She averaged about 8-10 seconds between each shot:

4 "Full power", 3 at somewhat reduced power, and 1 with noticeably less power.

I was surprised at the results but very happy with them:

I was getting 128 rounds per CO2: 18x7

My daughter got 146! (18x8)

Now, it was a hot day, with low humidity, But it is a very efficient gun with CO2 even in rapid fire techniques. If I use the "spray and pray" technique I'm assured over 100 shots! NONE of my other Co2 pistols has ever come close to that, stock or modified. Your mileage may very :wink:

PS: the Daisey BB's have proved to be superior to Crossmans in size, consistency, and accuracy.

More soon!

Happy shooting!
DB426 :wink:

Beeman FH500:GH500 spring,lubed,tuned,shimmed
;)