Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:49 pm 

On my screen I had to zoom out twice to make that as small as a regulation target. The outside ring measures just a tad over 1.75" in diameter. If I am standing 10M away, I know there is a dot in the middle, but I sure cannot see it.

I bought 1000 targets at the Canadian Grand Prix in Toronto and use them to practice my offhand shooting for FT. At least that was the plan, I just hardly ever get around to it.

Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:09 pm 

im going to print that when my scanner copier decides to work again lol, do the peep sights they use have any type of magnification?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:19 pm 

gammawolf wrote:
im going to print that when my scanner copier decides to work again lol, do the peep sights they use have any type of magnification?

As a general rule, no magnification.

In some cases in the past, and I don't know if it is still allowed, if you need corrective lenses, you could get inserts for the diopter or the front tunnel sight that would be ground to your prescription, allowing you to use specialized shooting glasses (that optimize the sight picture), instead of your prescription glasses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:40 pm 

Found the following rules. I know they make some with magnification, but I guess they cannot be used in the Olympic style matches.

"Sights
Correcting lenses and telescopes must not be attached to the rifle.

Correction glasses, and/or filters, may be worn by the shooter.

Any sight not containing a lens or system of lenses is permitted. Light filters may be fitted to the front or rear sight, or both.

A blinder may be attached to the rifle or to the rear sight. The blinder must not be more than 30 mm deep (A) nor extend further than 100 mm from the center (B) of the rear sight aperture on the side of the non aiming eye. A blinder must not be used on the side of the aiming eye."

Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:56 pm 

I'd certainly be interested in an offhand version of FT. It sounds like something that could be shot from a wheelchair easily, as opposed to either making a new firing position or setting up a bench.

I don't much like a bench, it doesn't feel like real shooting to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:03 am 

gammawolf wrote:

I printed it directly from the pdf and it was extremely close to the official targets I have.

If you download Ian Pellant's target and ballistics program, you can make any target you like. The basic targets are already there and you can make custom targets as well. I make all my FT sighter targets with that program. The nice thing is that you can get maybe 12 (3 across and 4 down) of the 10M rifle targets on one sheet if you use the matrix function. If you buy heavier paper and have a lazer printer, they come out looking amazing. My targets for close range have 320 individual small targets on one sheet. That's a lot of shooting, even if you use each bull only once.

http://home.hiwaay.net/~ispellan/Airguns.html

RVD, if you want paper targets for some of you matches, this would be a great tool.

Take a look. He offers it free!

Tim