Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Pics from the Port
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:47 pm 

As requested by Photoguy2910.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:32 pm 

Great pics, CS ! :supz:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:30 am 

Beautiful shots as always Canshooter!
I had a great day yesterday. Getting to shoot a match is always something I look forward to, and yesterday didn't disappoint.
I really appreciate the time and effort put in by everyone that set up the lanes and even placed tarps over all the shooting positions to keep us all dry.
Throughout the day I was able to check out and discuss a couple scope and rifle options that I have been thinking about. The topper was getting the chance to handle the new AA EV-2, an AA MPR and an AA MPR FT side-by-side-by-side. Tim even let me take his rifle out and squeeze off a few shots to see how that setup felt.
After that I picked up my new practice target that Parker_101 was nice enough to build for me.
I can't stress enough that anyone considering the sport should just come out and try it. Grab whatever rifle you have and just come see what it's all about.
I was paired up with a first time shooter yesterday (Archie) who brought an older, low powered springer with open sights and no other equipment. He seemed to have a great time, and I expect to see him out again soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:38 am 

You are right pumpmaster We had at least 3 first time shooters out yesterday and its gratifying to see all the newbies (and their fathers LOL) who have attended this year. I also love the fact that we have had quite a few youngsters coming out and not always with their fathers. Some of the guys are bringing out neighbours and friends kids to try their hand at this great sport. We have had quite a few young ladies out as well. Heck we have had all levels of guns including a couple of Crosman 2289's all the way up to rigs costing many thousands and all have a good time.

BTW I assume your name now refers to the FX pump rather than a 2289 or equivalent!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:14 am 
Admin-2-IC

Nice pics .....

2289 with open sights .... now that's a real challenge ..... congrats ...
He's the man .....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:01 pm 

The first match I miss all year and CJN decides to finally bring out his EV2! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:25 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

It was fun out in the bush with our air guns yesterday ....
Two of my grandchildren were out there enjoying the outdoor shooting fun, one was a first timer ...
Thanks for the pics canshooter

It was a bit dark in the bush and without the tripod or flash most of the pics were blurred, but here are a few I could add to the thread....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:42 pm 

Thanks for putting the pics up guys, looks like great fun, I love seeing what's being used over there and it's good to see the mix of ages that go along.

Doesn't look like I will be getting over this year but lets hope for next year.

http://www.freewebs.com/shootingpix/

http://www.freewebs.com/shootingpix08