Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: The..-=2240=-..
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:22 pm 
Anyone reading this who has yet to try the Crosman 2240 pistol listen up......I've been air gunning for a few decades now and let me tell you this gun is a keeper...I've seen them in many of the retail stores over the years and never gave them much thought...ah! a single shot .22Cal Co2 pistol boring ....i always thought they were cheap and not very exciting .....boy was i wrong.. this gun is truly a diamond in the rough.....not only is it well made but with a little thought and elbow grease it's gotta be one of the best airgun pistols out there for your money ... I'm sure after you fire it you'll love your new gun.. it feels good in the hand.....very accurate and a strong enough shooter to peak your interests.....shooting it at 10m is too easy...take it out to 25m and now your having fun.....a bit loud in your basement but outdoors it's really a blast......I've had mine for about five years now... it's got a Tasco red dot sight and a set of custom made wood grips.... it's probably the most used airgun i own....the point here is ...don't wait any longer to find out what you've been missing out on....go out and get one or more while you still can......then join in on all the Crosman 22xx rave on this and any-other forum.....Always be safe and have fun.....$80CAD JUST DO IT!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:44 pm 

Would you consider it the successor to the CR150?

Post subject: Real neat unit!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:04 pm 
I made a deal with Kevin at K+S airguns on one a couple of weeks ago and I do agree, for the money, these pistols are a blast. I've installed a 1322 barrel on it as well as a shoulder stock. I've made a power adjuster which really comes in handy if you hunting and plicking with it. No more hammer spring switching ! Turn the adjuster in for higher spring tension = more power, turn it out = less power and less gas consumption. I've got other plans for this baby including a wooden fore grip and grips. A red dot will probably finds its way on it to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:10 pm 
Site Admin

Doug you might want to pick up a tasco red dot sight at lebaron.ca

They are on special 37.95 (usually 50ish). I bought one and im liking it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:39 am 

Do u need to replce the battery for that often?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:59 am 
I've replace the battery on mine once in the year i've had it.....it uses a standard cr2032 which can be found at Cantire or HomeD...it has been left on over night more than once and continues to work .....$40 is a good deal for a good sight ....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:31 pm 

What does your power adjuster look like and would you be willing to share your designe?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:55 pm 
Admin-2-IC

A-plinker,

You're absolutely right ...... and it's been done .....

http://www.airgunforum.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=169

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:34 pm 

Does the 2240 come with a plastic or metal breech?

A person in this thread mounted a red-dot to theirs so I'm wondering...

Learn to Love To Do Well - And You Shall. - C. Poseidon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:48 pm 
Site Admin

actually... it comes with none!

If your using the plastic breech youll need the 459 intermounts to mount a red dot. Or get a steel aftermarket breach that has the rails on them.

Plink-Panther wrote:
Does the 2240 come with a plastic or metal breech?

A person in this thread mounted a red-dot to theirs so I'm wondering...