Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: CP99 COMPACT REVIEW
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:39 am 

Ok i finally got my first blowback pistol: the cp99 compact with 2 extra mags

First reaction
wow nice and heavy, and not flimsy its really nice looking and comfortable.

Loading mags and co2
Mags slide nicely but because it has magnet tip they sometimes touch against the open slot making it a little rough to slide in. But no biggie, remember these mags are all metal and solid. Manual says it holds 17 but i just put 18 because it fits perfect. Dont believe people who can fit 19 unless they really jam it in and i wouldnt it because it would mess up the spring.

Loading C02
This is my main complaint of the gun the thumb wheel really sucks but once again no real biggie. The problem is that the thumb screw gets stiff and you have to loosen bottom screw to get thumb screw to move. If its not tight enough it wont pierce, but youll get use to routine. Fist time i used this gun I over tightened the screw by accident and had to use a wrench to loosen bottom screw. Can over tightening the screw damage the co2 rings?

Safety switch and lever stop.
I dont know why everyone complains about the positon of the saftey switch it seems fine to me. But it takes some effort to move up and down the saftey switch, which is good because theres no way a young kid with weak thumbs will be able to unlock safety. I rarely use the lever stop because someone told me that using it will wear out the gun so I just manually cock gun when out of ammo.

How many shots per co2
Ok i shot inisde and outside and its winter right now which is bad for co2
This is the weird part of my gun.Shooting inside I can only get 15 rapid shots or maybee one full mag until the gun seizes up. Then I have to manually cock the gun ever other shot, and if I wait a minute or two I can get a few multiple rapid shots at a time. So after 1 mag of rapid fire I got up to 11 mags manually cocking,and there was still more co2 left. My gun just kept going and going with consistent power. Because it got boring manually cocking the slide, I kept replacing the co2 even if i had more shots left. It really sucks not being able to rapid fire constantly. Dunno if its my gun or if this is normal.
Outside I got 6 mags but had to shoot slow and manually cock after first mag. If i brought gun back inside and let co2 cool off i could get another 4 mags.

Accuracy and blowback
This gun can hit pop cans up to 20 feet no problem. If your shooting 10 yards you can hit the cans, but the bbs curve. This gun sounds and feels like im shooting a compressor gun with staples. The blowback feels fun and has some recoil but dont expect your hand to go flying back. It just ticks back a little and you feel some vibration, but its way more fun than standard co2 gun with no blowback. You can see the magazine chamber when firing on mine. I wonder if the berreta px4 or desert eagle is louder and has a stronger kick from blowback. This is my first blowback pistol so i cant compare with any other blowback guns.

Conclusion
QUALITY: 9
SMOOTHNESS OF OPERATION: 8
CO2 CONSUMPTION: 8
ACCURACY: 7

Its probally the nicest looking and feeling airpistol i ever held. Its a great pop can destroyer. I have many airifles that can shoot long range accurately. I just wanted a small compact realistic gun that can shoot fast with a punch and this was it. I find airpistols with no blowback boring, its fun to have the slide cock back and forth. If anyone has this gun let me know how long you can rapid fire, and if it freezes up. Thanks

Post subject: Re: CP99 COMPACT REVIEW
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:53 am 

nice review. i have been looking at getting a compact for a while now.
not shure about that rapid fire/ co2 thing but it does seem a little short on shots. you should be able to get a couple of clip out of it. (at least i could with my PPK)

thanks for the review

sub 500 .177 Hatsan mod 33 with Quattro trigger open sites

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:22 am 

try cleaning and oiling the slide to reduce friction, it might help keep your shot # up

and WTF :drinkers: :drinkers: ahaha what is that black stuff?? is mr smiley chugging coffee? ahahaha :lol: comman admins, replace that black tar with golden beer like the original

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:32 am 

One_shot_one_kill wrote:
and WTF :drinkers: :drinkers: ahaha what is that black stuff?? is mr smiley chugging coffee? ahahaha :lol: comman admins, replace that black tar with golden beer like the original

Perhaps the smileys/admins are partial to Guiness?