Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:34 pm 

Hey Guys...

Has anyone used Macro line for C02 guns ??

Jimi and I were talking about running Macro line inside of a QB78 stock as a C02 feed line, and come out the bottom somewhere around the pistol grip...

ttyle

Eric...

On/Scene Tactical
Leading the Way in Quality ,Custom Sheathing Systems

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:06 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

Macroline is generally not rated for tank pressure (~850 psi at room temperature). You can use it but don't be surprised if the line bursts and dumps all of your CO2 in a smelly freezing rush.

That and the fittings almost always leak when you first apply pressure to them. They should seal after wiggling them a bit.

HaveBlue at Airsoldier.com Does carry macroline that is rated higher (1000psi working, 3000 psi burst). He also carries fittings that are rated for full tank pressure (the stuff you'll find in a paintball shop is not rated for 850 psi).

I am biased though. I don't like macroline.

PM me for FTP/valve combos, RVAs, DPHs and assorted brass accents

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:41 pm 

Macro linecan be a dangerous product with Co2. The typical line you find has a 350 psi burst and the fittings are rate for 250psi working pressure. You find these line typically upon tractor trailer units for their brake systems hence air brakes. Large deisel engine air compressors only work to a maxium 150 psi working pressure

For Co2 applications look for macro line which has a rating of more than 1500 psi working, do take note of the type of temperature you may be shooting in.

Todd posted a temp to pressure rating chart a few threads ago, great info when palying with bulk systems.

Later

Whitewolf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:39 pm 
Supporting Member 2013

wtf . could some one explan macrolines to me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:48 pm 

Macroline Trade name, is a high grade plastic (synthetic blend) tubing varying in 1/8" to 1" (that I know of) diameters it"s main purpose was air line delevery system to air brakes upon heavy equipment. Since it's original use for air brake systems higher working pressures enable it's use for a wide varient.

I know it really doesn't answerr the question but it's the best I can do

Later

Whitewolf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:17 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

You will find macroline commonly installed on (quote enquote) high end paintball markers that are designed to run at rediculously low pressures. These markers are meant to be powered by HPA systems with low pressure regulators (tank output is generally less than 400 psi).
Under these circumstances, macroline is generally safe but the lines do have a nasty habit of bursting, cracking or just plain leaking.
Quite frequently, the problem is that the 'hole' is off center, resulting in varying wall thickness around the circumference.

Macroline fittings are push to connect. You cut the end of the tubing square and push it into the fitting. Under pressure, the tubing is pushed slightly out of the fitting and the tubing is gripped by 'fingers' and held in place.

Personally, I have no use for the stuff. Braided stainless hose is so much more reliable.

*edit* Look here for pictures of fittings and line.
*/edit*

PM me for FTP/valve combos, RVAs, DPHs and assorted brass accents

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:56 am 
Supporting Member 2013

i wasn't sure what was being talked about here. i have an air compresser for up to 150psi that uses this stuff and the conecters have let go sometimes . i couldn't imagine using it on a co2 gun