Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: Pistol FT
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:55 am 

CJN wrote:
...rifle targets are going to be used at this fun match as most people will likely be using FT rifles. So not all will fall with a sub 5fpe pistol.

I will be bringing some reactive targets for the pistol shooters to plink at on the fun/sight in range pending approval from the club reps but it will be the same as I've done in the past.
As for the holster issue, an unloaded pistol in a holster frees up the hands to carry gear which I like. Anyone from the general public making the effort to visit the lanes won't be an anti so I don't see a problem there. Where I see a problem is people wearing the holster while having a smoke out near the cars etc. etc. Maybe a rule that all holsters and pistols must be immediately taken off and put away upon return to the club house or in similar spirit? JMHO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:05 am 

Holsters have been proved safe hundreds of thousands of times over, and are still a common method of safe carry habits today in the 21st century. Each day enforcement officers use this method as they mingle among the public.

This method may not be practical for many of the air pistols used for Pistol FT, and may not be the desired method of carry by the Port match directors.

The three of us will discuss this, and give plenty of notice about carry procedure and other safety related requirements here before we have a pistol FT match. The same conclusions will be be announced again before the match at the shooters meeting.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:07 am 

windbag wrote:
CJN wrote:
...rifle targets are going to be used at this fun match as most people will likely be using FT rifles. So not all will fall with a sub 5fpe pistol.

I will be bringing some reactive targets for the pistol shooters to plink at on the fun/sight in range pending approval from the club reps but it will be the same as I've done in the past.
As for the holster issue, an unloaded pistol in a holster frees up the hands to carry gear which I like. Anyone from the general public making the effort to visit the lanes won't be an anti so I don't see a problem there. Where I see a problem is people wearing the holster while having a smoke out near the cars etc. etc. Maybe a rule that all holsters and pistols must be immediately taken off and put away upon return to the club house or in similar spirit? JMHO

Targets sound great Windbag. Thanks for bringing them.

I also agree with what you have suggested about holster usage. We will talk it over and make a decision in the near future.