Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:17 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

A thread for Questions & Answers in regards to the Second Elmer Fudd Annual Hunter Match can be a good way to start into the fun.... 8)
Here's where it starts... Image

What:
Mac wrote:
Port Colborne Field Target Club

The final scheduled match of the season in Port will be the Second Elmer Fudd Annual Hunter Match on November 7th. It will be a 12 lane, 68 shot match, with the difficulty specifically tailored to HFT shooting. This match was one of the highlights of the season last year and should be again this year. After the match, hot chili and Italian bread baked that day will be served. Lots of hot chocolate will be available as well. So come on out and enjoy the day with us to complete a great season for the Port Colborne Field Target Club.

When:
November 07 2009

Where:
http://www.pcdcc.com/

Everyone that day will be shooting Hunter ...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:48 am 

Parker_101_ wrote:
A thread for Questions & Answers in regards to the Second Elmer Fudd Annual Hunter Match can be a good way to start into the fun.... 8)
Here's where it starts... Image

What:
Mac wrote:
Port Colborne Field Target Club

The final scheduled match of the season in Port will be the Second Elmer Fudd Annual Hunter Match on November 7th. It will be a 12 lane, 68 shot match, with the difficulty specifically tailored to HFT shooting. This match was one of the highlights of the season last year and should be again this year. After the match, hot chili and Italian bread baked that day will be served. Lots of hot chocolate will be available as well. So come on out and enjoy the day with us to complete a great season for the Port Colborne Field Target Club.

When:
November 07 2009

Where:
http://www.pcdcc.com/

Everyone that day will be shooting Hunter ...

Where or who do we sign up to? Or we just show up and sign in there?

Thanks....ArkBark

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:58 pm 

I'm pretty sure that MAC or CJN will chime in and answer that question ArkBark ....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:36 pm 

I am pretty sure everyone that has participated at a match in Port is on my email list. I will very shortly be sending out an official invitation with all the information about the match included. If you are not on my email list, you may want to send it to me in a PM. If you do send me a PM, will you please include your name, as I do not always match up forum handles and an actual person.

I will put the announcement in this thread as well. Thanks for creating it Parker.

Tim

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:46 am 

Quote:
"I've always read these Field Target posts with interest but quite honestly, I find coming out to a match with my little 2289 a little intimidating. Would this Elmer Fudd match be a good one to attend for my first one?"

The atmosphere at a regular FT match is pretty relaxed anyways, but it's even more so at the Elmer Fudd. It was not uncommon to see iron sights, break barrel Slavia's and many smiling faces as childhood memories are recaptured. (Almost brings a tear to your eye don't it? :roll: ) So yes, this match would be a good one to "cut your teeth on" :) If you don't own a rifle yet, let us know and a loaner might even be arranged...
Quote:
"I'm interested in coming out but I don't have access to a car and Port Colborne is pretty far...isn't it?"

Put up a post and let us know where you live. We have people attending from all around the Golden Horseshoe so a pickup and share the cost of the gas arrangement can likely be made. For the younger folks, see if Mom and/or Dad can set the date aside to share a day shooting with you. :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:49 pm 

Second Elmer Fudd Annual Hunter Match

Saturday, November 7, 2009

After the great success of last year’s hunter only match, the PCFTC is pleased to announce we will be hosting the Second E.F. Annual Hunter Match. It will again be held at the Port Colborne & District Conservation Club.

The format of the match will be pretty well the same as last year. The match will consist of 68 shots on twelve lanes. Ten lanes will be regular lanes with three targets each and two shots per target from the shooter’s position of choice. Two lanes will be forced position shots. One lane will be shot from the standing position and the other from the kneeling position. These two forced lanes will have two targets each and two shots per target will be taken. There will only be two choices for shooting categories; these are Junior and Adult Hunter. The target distances will still be from 10 to 55 yards as usual, but the smallest kill zone will be one inch.

The gates will be open by 8:00AM and the sight in range should be hot by 9:30AM. The shooters meeting will start at 10:45AM and the match will start by 11:00AM. These times will be followed as closely as possible, since the time will have changes already and we do not want to be pulling targets and cleaning up in the dark.

The chilli will go in the slow cookers first thing in the morning and will be ready to chow down on by the end of the match. We will have fresh Italian bread and butter to eat with the chilli and hot chocolate should be available all day. If you want to bring a thermos mug with you for the hot chocolate, feel free.

We will figure out the standings and present the awards during the meal, unless we have a shoot off or two, which is very possible with all shooters concentrated in two sections. The awards would then be presented after the shoot off, if one is necessary.

We look forward to seeing lots of fellow Fuddsters out there ready to knock down the wascally wabbits and other creatures. Please let us know as soon as you can if you will or will not be able to attend. Awards will be ordered on the Wednesday morning before the match based on replies we have at that time.

Thanks.

Chris N., Dennis E. and Tim
PCFTC Match Directors

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:44 pm 
Admin-2-IC

This is another match is a must to attend .....
I missed one last year ...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:21 pm 

It's bound to be just as much fun as last year, even MORE fun maybe.
It will be good to see Any, willing enough to Brave-the-Elements; & compete in the challenging Hunter division, (Skill over equipment-limitations, - all the way;) -so, long-term experience shows in the scoring overall. (ie: Range/elevation/clicks/mil-dots,) set & forget Windage once sighted In.
It would be good to see you out this year, Sniper, - & ArkBark,- Just Show UP at the Elmer Fudd Shoot & It's FREE Cuz that is the policy for ANY first-timer at Port Colborne. Put yer Monicker on yer score-sheet & you've participated in a truly FUN Event. It's THAT Easy.
Everybody, -be aware of the conditions though, Boots & WARM clothing will likely be needed, but at least the mini-vampire season will be OVER; also, FOLIAGE/WIND can be a factor with this Fun-Shoot due to SEASON.
Read that HUNTING-SEASON, I guess that's why It's so much Fun for me, ... The most realistic, & challenging PRACTICE - for Hunting - yer gonna get, SEASON INCLUDED, Thus the FUDD !
When it comes to Physically Hunting for a full day, with 60+ shots, 10 site re-locations, (stand/kneel/harness/sit/prone,) & 10-55 YARD ranges, -HFT or Hunter-Field-Target is as good a personal challenge as it gets, & plenty good Practice.

DON'T MISS ............... The ELMER FUDD Hunter Match.

:supz: :yawinkle:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:46 am 

If this weekend rains does the Elmer Fudd Comp gets resheduled or Cancelled? It would be good to know before going there and find out its closed because of bad weather.

ArkBark

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:08 am 

ArkBark wrote:
If this weekend rains does the Elmer Fudd Comp gets resheduled or Cancelled? It would be good to know before going there and find out its closed because of bad weather.

ArkBark

X2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:08 pm 

ArkBark wrote:

ArkBark

You will never first find out a match is canceled by showing up at the club and seeing no one is there. MAC will always post any cancellations here well in advance of the match, and on the Dr.F forum, as well as send out private emails to all who are on our FT mailing list. If you are not on the mailing list, PM MAC to be added.

Second, it is very UNLIKELY the match will be canceled on November 07. It is much too far away to say what the weather will be like that day. It would have to be a tropical storm for us to cancel it likely.

Watch here for updates and check your email. That is where you will here any news of an unlikely cancellation, and also where you will find reminders of the match.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:34 pm 

I have been watching the forecast, more for curiosity than for information. It has changed pretty well every day. The long range now is for sunny and 12 degrees. Ideal right? Tomorrow it may be for 5 degrees and snow flurries, like it was a few days ago.

The only thing that will cancel the Fudd is for very high wind with rain. Light rain with just normal breezy conditions will not be problem as the tarps would be put up over all the lanes. I am being optimistic and moving ahead with plans for the match. By Wednesday or Thursday, we should have a half decently reliable forecast for Saturday. At that time, Chris, Dennis and I will make a decision if conditions are forecast to be really bad.

Optimism!

I would recommend you check email on Thursday and Friday evening as well as just before you leave on Saturday morning, just to be sure. I always check email just before I go to an away match, since you never know what can happen.

Quite a few have committed to come or told me they cannot make it, but quite a few, even of the regular guys, have not checked in one way or the other. I will be sending out an email reminder to everyone this weekend and please only reply if you have not confirmed anything with me or if you have forgotten since it has been so long.

Later.

Tim

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:40 pm 

RAIN ... I hate driving in it -so CARE & CONTROL have to be the compensating factors under those conditions. The Christmas Fun shoot could possibly even involve SNOW; not only on the drive, but also the OUTDOOR half of the available fun.. so dress up appropriately. I missed it last year but will try to include it in my fun shooting this year for sure.
I also have a history with flying & NEVER check the weather 'till the last possible moment & even then I check the RADAR, INFRARED, METAR Etc. Etc. -ALL Flight Information, -JUST to get an idea about my DRIVE. Now, when it comes to the MATCH itself, at Port Colborne at least, there is this WONDERFUL ... " Tarp-Crew ? " of possibly ONE PERSON that seems to have a knack for ensuring that the shooting-boxes are about as dry as they can be, & a lot of folks either use a Bum-Bag, an under 16" camp-seat, for Hunter, -or just dress appropriately to lie in the MIRE.
Overall, it is as much fun as you can have shooting your air-guns, & with every visit there is the opportunity for some " HANDS-ON" experience, & FUN just learning about the sport.
So ... Come One, Come ALL, It's THERE to DO after all, & I KNOW you will Enjoy it if YOU DO, - I'm kind'a hooked on the great practice all of a sudden myself so ........... ?????
:mrgreen: :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:41 am 
Admin-2-IC

ImageImage

Lots of wind ..... lots of rain ...... and very cold ......

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:50 am 

Fair weather shooters miss out, the rest of us dress for the occasion ... :shock: :lol: